“It Won’t Wash Mr President”

Reopened October 2019 - includes archived threads from pre-2019

“It Won’t Wash Mr President”

Postby toucana on August 13th, 2020, 1:49 pm 

The USA currently has 5,202,520 confirmed cases of Covid-19, and the country has suffered a total of 166,038 deaths from the pandemic as of Thursday 13 August 2020

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-latest-news-quick-highlights-57a186a3-7547-45bf-852a-83019849d8d5.html

You might reasonably assume that a US President would address this matter, and say something emollient or comforting about a devastating human tragedy that has run amok during his watch. But no, Mr Trump has something much more important on his mind right now, one that wishes to share with you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53761744

So showerheads - you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You want to wash your hands, the water doesn't come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair - I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect," he said.

Under a 1992 law, showerheads in the US are not allowed to produce more than 2.5 gallons (9.5l) of water per minute.

The Trump administration wants this limit to apply to each nozzle, rather than the overall fixture.

Consumer and conservation groups argue that it is wasteful and unnecessary.

The changes were proposed by the Department of Energy on Wednesday following complaints by Mr Trump at the White House last month.

Andrew deLaski, executive director of the energy conservation group Appliance Standards Awareness Project, said the proposal was "silly".
With four or five or more nozzles, "you could have 10, 15 gallons per minute powering out of the showerhead, literally probably washing you out of the bathroom," he told the Associated Press news agency.

"If the president needs help finding a good shower, we can point him to some great consumer websites that help you identify a good showerhead that provides a dense soak and a good shower," he added.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: “It Won’t Wash Mr President”

Postby Forest_Dump on August 13th, 2020, 3:28 pm 

Well I do think he could use a good head soak. I would recommend he put his head into a great big bucket of ice water three times and take it out twice.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on August 13th, 2020, 4:43 pm 

For want of a 'like' button: !!^!!

Does his rant about showers have a point? Who needs more than 2 and half of gallons of water on them in any given minute? Who benefits?
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby toucana on August 13th, 2020, 8:02 pm 

Does his rant about showers have a point? Who needs more than 2 and half of gallons of water on them in any given minute? Who benefits?

Well, it might serve to divert public attention from another type of shower experience mentioned in a teaser released today:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 69826.html

It's from the foreword of Michael Cohen's forthcoming book about his experience of working as Donald Trump's personal attorney and fixer for a number of years.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Serpent on August 13th, 2020, 10:25 pm 

Maybe...
but it seems I've heard this rant before. Here we are:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-reconsider-requirement-low-flow-toilets-67554491
Not that I'd be surprised if an embarrassing book was released that time, as well (December 2019) but I don't think so. It seems he has an on-going beef with water conservation. More likely, any conservation. Most conservatives do....
Serpent
Resident Member

Return to General News and Politics