Firefox Search

Discussions on everything related to the software, electronic, and mechanical components of information systems and instruments.

Firefox Search

Postby vivian maxine on February 8th, 2015, 7:11 am 

Several months ago, Mozilla Firefox announced that it was switching to Yahoo Search. It also gave us a choice of other search engines and I elected to stay with Google. Now, in the last few days, I am getting Yahoo pages and find no way to get back to Google Search. Does anyone know? Or is this Yahoo bit permanent?

P. S. Nevermind. I found it. Thanks.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: Firefox Search

Postby Percarus on April 20th, 2015, 5:16 am 

I have IE as my favourite search engine simply because I do not want to conform to the google chrome mentality and I like the Yahoo news page. I just noticed that Firefox now uses a Yahoo search (I have it as my triple backup). Hmmmm, I miss the AltaVista days...
Percarus
Banned User

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Firefox Search

Postby vivian maxine on April 20th, 2015, 7:14 am 

Percarus » April 20th, 2015, 4:16 am wrote:I have IE as my favourite search engine simply because I do not want to conform to the google chrome mentality and I like the Yahoo news page. I just noticed that Firefox now uses a Yahoo search (I have it as my triple backup). Hmmmm, I miss the AltaVista days...

Firefox provides a way to change Yahoo to whatever search engine you want. I changed mine back to Google just because that is what I am used to. The list to choose from (at the top of the page, I believe) even includes Wikipedia. I tested it and the only finds on the resulting page were Wiki articles. Neat!
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Computers