desk top? lap top? tablet? etc.

Discussions on everything related to the software, electronic, and mechanical components of information systems and instruments.

Re: desk top? lap top? tablet? etc.

Postby vivian maxine on February 16th, 2016, 8:31 am 

zetreque » February 16th, 2016, 2:44 am wrote:What did you end up getting Vivian?

I think it will be a MacMini. With that I can use my old peripherals. I actually went to get it yesterday. Big, expensive cab trip only to find that Apple store was closed for the day because they were remodeling. Must make it some day this week.

The Apple store representative was outside the store talking to first one, then another. He told me something interesting. As you doubtless know, there is an ongoing debate about whether or not it is wise to leave a battery-operated computer plugged in all the time. This man said they use a battery that drains and recharges all the time, meaning it is fine to just leave it plugged in. Sounds good but, like with Windows 10, I'll wait and see what others find.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: desk top? lap top? tablet? etc.

Postby zetreque on February 16th, 2016, 1:30 pm 

yes leaving a battery in while it's plugged in is a VERY bad idea and another reason I hate apple because they always drain my battery even when I am not using the product so that when I go to use it I have to recharge the damn thing.

I keep my laptop battery of my Microsoft machine out of it always and carry around and only use the battery when I need it, and it lasts years. I don't know about macs, but as far as I know, apple products you can't just snap or pop the batteries out of them. Such a horribly non-green company.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to Computers