Mac Mini / peripherals

Discussions on everything related to the software, electronic, and mechanical components of information systems and instruments.

Mac Mini / peripherals

Postby vivian maxine on January 28th, 2016, 2:52 pm 

Has anyone ever used your old peripherals on a new MacMini? Was it a success?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: Mac Mini / peripherals

Postby zetreque on February 16th, 2016, 1:30 pm 

What peripherals are we talking about here?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby vivian maxine on February 16th, 2016, 1:43 pm 

zetreque » February 16th, 2016, 12:30 pm wrote:What peripherals are we talking about here?

keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, speakers, external hard drive, modem -- is that all?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on February 16th, 2016, 1:53 pm 

I don't know anything about mac mini's , but as far as macs the external drive will probably work (you might have to re partition it into a different filing system structure though) and the printer, modem and monitor should work. I had a hell of a time using thumb drives on mac computers until I re partitioned a couple of them. sometimes they read only and won't write.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby vivian maxine on February 16th, 2016, 2:26 pm 

I suspect that when you have more involved, complicated work to do on a computer, you need more from the machine than what little I do needs. Maybe that makes a difference? And, yes, what you say about the external hard drive sounds like what he said. If it's involvied, I may just buy theirs and start fresh. Especially since this one is constantly saying it did not succeed in backing up everything and telling me to open it. I open it but means nothing to me.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Computers