weight loss in month

Discussions related to nutrition or medical research. Please remember that this is a discussion forum, not a medical advice dispensing forum.

Re: weight loss in month

Postby Venus on February 5th, 2014, 11:15 am 

sonial wrote:Hey..
I just wanna ask a question from all of you what do you think how much weight is enough to loss in a one month..??
share your views with us

If it is due to activity any weight loss is good if it is due to taking some ridiculous diet it is not and actually counter productive.
Venus
Banned User

Postby andymark25415 on March 28th, 2014, 4:03 am 

Keep the constraint on your good diet that give you good health and fit body, like eat green vegetable, fresh fruits, nuts etc.
andymark25415

Postby Darby on March 25th, 2015, 8:28 am 

sonial wrote:I just wanna ask a question from all of you what do you think how much weight is enough to loss in a one month..??

I supported one of my past girlfriends though nutrition school, so I'm modestly familiar with the subject.

Avoid fad diets, especially monochromatic ones (i.e., one or two items consumed excessively to the near exclusion of most others, and this includes powdered supplements regardless of quality). Focus instead on eat a balanced diet with unlimited vegetables, plenty of fruits, plenty of water & natural fiber and varying sources of good quality protein. Reduce sugar and white flour as much as convenient, but not to the point of feeling overly deprived (which leads to cheating). Ditto for excess fats (esp animal fats). And above all, MOVE.

As for weight loss ... it's widely accepted that a healthy sustained long term weekly weight loss goal, after factoring out fluctuations in water weight, is no more than 3lbs/wk, with about 1.5-2 lbs being ideal. Anything more than 3lbs/wk, for long sustained periods, starts to impose unhealthy stresses on your vital organs, and can actually cause permanent harm, and in some extreme cases (such as eating disorders) death.
Darby

Return to Health and Nutrition