Beneath the tongue?

Discussions on general biology and biological evolution, genetics, zoology, ecology, botany, etc.

Beneath the tongue?

Postby vivian maxine on May 16th, 2017, 7:40 am 

I found the diagram but the print is unreadable. Beneath the tongue is a string-like (muscle?) that anchors the tongue to the floor of the mouth. What is that called, please? Thank you.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: Beneath the tongue?

Postby Braininvat on May 16th, 2017, 9:32 am 

My anatomy book says the tongue is connected to the floor of the mouth by the frenulum.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby vivian maxine on May 16th, 2017, 10:49 am 

Braininvat » May 16th, 2017, 8:32 am wrote:My anatomy book says the tongue is connected to the floor of the mouth by the frenulum.

Thank you, Biv. I just needed the word. Good that something holds the tongue down. :-)
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on May 16th, 2017, 11:57 am 

Does #45 perhaps need his frenulum repaired??

I wonder if his tongue is so loose that he could catch flies with it the way a frog does.

I am trying to keep my speculation within the topical category of biology, of course. :-p
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

zetreque liked this post

Postby vivian maxine on May 16th, 2017, 12:06 pm 

Braininvat » May 16th, 2017, 10:57 am wrote:Does #45 perhaps need his frenulum repaired??

I wonder if his tongue is so loose that he could catch flies with it the way a frog does.

I am trying to keep my speculation within the topical category of biology, of course. :-p

Of course. Definitely biology, along with some neuroscience. Start a new evolution. Train the brain to clamp down the tongue when it hears a no-no coming before the consciousness is aware or plans.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

zetreque liked this post

Return to Biology