EMF Radiation

Discussions on general biology and biological evolution, genetics, zoology, ecology, botany, etc.

EMF Radiation

Postby zetreque on May 27th, 2018, 6:48 pm 

I sure wish we could get some quality trusted studies on EMF exposure. With it rapidly taking over our world and 5G about to be rolled out in a big way there doesn't seem to be any quality studies we can trust? One thing is for sure, there is a HUGE lobby pushing it through the US government. There are also so many hucksters and psychos out there on the other extreme. Can't we get any quality reliable science to guide us without influence from the industry or anyone? It certainly seems like we need a lot more research in this area before rolling it out forcing it on us based on just some of the studies out there.

Any time I would work around cellphone towers over the years they had this huge signs warning of radiation exposure. Somehow that is all disappearing as they turn up the EMFs around us and there is known unethical lobbyists pushing through for the telecom and tech companies to make big money.

Here are just a couple of the first google scholar articles that come up.

The Effects on Cells Mobility Due to Exposure to
EMF Radiation
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/15f1/7 ... 4e3e41.pdf

Results:
Exposure to mobile phone radiation for 60 minutes/day for the total period of 3 months significantly decrease the serum testosterone level [p=0.028] in Wistar Albino rats compared to their matched control.
http://www.nsj.org.sa/PDFFILES/Aug10/03 ... 102359.pdf

Based on the known functions of hsp27, we put forward the hypothesis that mobile phone radiation‐induced activation of hsp27 may (i) facilitate the development of brain cancer by inhibiting the cytochrome c/caspase‐3 apoptotic pathway and (ii) cause an increase in blood‐brain barrier permeability through stabilization of endothelial cell stress fibers. We postulate that these events, when occurring repeatedly over a long period of time, might become a health hazard because of the possible accumulation of brain tissue damage. Furthermore, our hypothesis suggests that other brain damaging factors may co‐participate in mobile phone radiation‐induced effects.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... 2.700207.x

According to our unpublished data (Jarput et al.), evening fall of tympanic temperature (Tty) was significantly suppressed by the usage of cellular phone emitting electromagnetic fields.
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jp ... f/-char/ja

As found earlier with low frequency exposures, the non‐thermal radiation from the GSM mobile phone increased numbers of offspring, elevated hsp70 levels, increased serum response element (SRE) DNA‐binding and induced the phosphorylation of the nuclear transcription factor, ELK‐1. The rapid induction of hsp70 within minutes, by a non‐thermal stress, together with identified components of signal transduction pathways, provide sensitive and reliable biomarkers that could serve as the basis for realistic mobile phone safety guidelines. J. Cell. Biochem. 89: 48–55, 2003. © 2003 Wiley‐Liss, Inc.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /jcb.10480

EMF radiation at 2450 MHz triggers changes in the morphology and expression of heat shock proteins and glucocorticoid receptors in rat thymus
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 051500079X

I'm concerned because while I try to do everything right with my health I can look at the wifi in my neighborhood and it's getting into the hundreds of devices now just penetrating my house. This is getting ridiculous.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: EMF Radiation

Postby wolfhnd on May 28th, 2018, 12:25 am 

Interesting topic but I'm more concerned about the cavalier use of xrays by my dentist and the overuse of ct scans by doctors worried about lawsuits. Technology is always a double edged sword. Agriculture made life more predictable and expanded populations but the change in diet was not entirely healthy.
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on May 28th, 2018, 12:36 am 

There really are a million things to be concerned about but you should be concerned about all of them. Or at least recognize that it's relative to a person's situation and they are all of major concern to people depending on their situation. Like the people being oppressed and have no say when they install a cell antenna behind their house. Or forced to have a smart meter radiate right at their bed.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby wolfhnd on May 28th, 2018, 1:22 am 

zetreque » Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 am wrote:There really are a million things to be concerned about but you should be concerned about all of them. Or at least recognize that it's relative to a person's situation and they are all of major concern to people depending on their situation. Like the people being oppressed and have no say when they install a cell antenna behind their house. Or forced to have a smart meter radiate right at their bed.

Fair enough, I still think it is useful to prioritize. A short listing of my safety priorities ranked.

Automobile operation.
Ladder safety
Avoiding violent criminals
Power tool operations
Pesticides and other chemicals
Food handling
Medical wellness standards
Cleanliness and infectious diseases
Diet
Other environmental hazards of various kinds

Obviously the list is incomplete, subject to reordering, subjective, and dependent on lifestyle.

Minimizing exposure to EMR falls under all things in moderation, common sense tells you to be as cautious as practical. The real question is if we are willing to accept the risks for the perceived benefit.

Hopefully the science will be addressed as the thread moves forward but I believe that the judgment calls involve values that cannot be quantified scientifically.
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Postby wolfhnd on May 29th, 2018, 10:07 pm 

No experts interested in commenting?
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Postby Event Horizon on May 29th, 2018, 11:16 pm 

wolfhnd » May 30th, 2018, 3:07 am wrote:No experts interested in commenting?

I'm no expert, but didn't we go through all this when people were worried about cell-phone radiation, Hi voltage cables and microwave ovens? We get bombarded by Radar energy, UHF and VHF energy too. I think it was ascertained pretty much that none of these were detrimental to health in any calculable way. To my knowledge there have been no EMF related deaths, but like I said, I'm no expert.
Event Horizon

Postby zetreque on May 30th, 2018, 12:17 am 

The difference is the amount now. With every single business, household, and gadget having up to 5ghz plus satellites now. Long term exposure risk no doubt goes up. Just like frequent fliers in air planes have a higher risk or the more radon your house has gives you a higher risk.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Event Horizon on May 30th, 2018, 5:31 am 

Radon is unquestionably dangerous, and I believe there are pockets of in and around Cornwall, UK. But it's all about context isn't it.
Flight crews get a lot of the same radiation (Gamma), much more than the average flyer, yet they're not all getting sick or unduly worried about it.
The long term exposure to the risk from most of these examples cannot go up in time as they don't pose a risk to start with. You are at much greater risk sunbathing than from man-made EM emissions. I shouldn't worry too much about it, the worry will impact you more than any man-made emissions will, which have already been heavily scrutinized for safety over the last 25 years or so.
Event Horizon

Postby zetreque on May 30th, 2018, 11:00 am 

Event Horizon » Wed May 30, 2018 2:31 am wrote: You are at much greater risk sunbathing than from man-made EM emissions. I shouldn't worry too much about it, the worry will impact you more than any man-made emissions will, which have already been heavily scrutinized for safety over the last 25 years or so.

Well that's the thing in my first post. There isn't any research on this we can trust so no one can say that one way or the other! Mercury is still put in dental amalgams... And the low fat diet guidance by the FDA is now nullified and probably caused millions of deaths from both of those.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Braininvat on May 30th, 2018, 3:02 pm 

I've noticed recently that tent sized Faraday cages are now sold online. They are marketed as making your sleep healthier. There's little solid research, partly because few people just sit in one place all day where there is a constant emf field strength. I think it could be useful to do study comparing brain cancer incidence in people who talk on smartphone a lot, and those who use a Bluetooth headset or put everyone on speaker, thus keeping the main emitter away from the side of the skull. Any high sigma result would then suggest more research.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby zetreque on May 30th, 2018, 3:28 pm 

The problem with that "research" is that it's too hard to figure things out with all the confounding factors. That's why they still say they haven't figured out a cure/reason for cancer. When you have long term chronic exposures with so many other factors you can't point to one and say that's what caused it! But many diseases they are finding out the same thing they are finding out with Alzheimer's disease. That it's multiple chronic toxins and they can reverse it by taking a holistic approach. Almost no one thinks in terms of systems and just want to point to one thing that caused their disease or problem. Remind you of anything in political representatives?

If we are going to subject the entire world to all this radiation, you think we should at least get some good external long term research going on it that we can trust. It's the least the muliti-billion dollar telecoms can do for the world.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Event Horizon on June 5th, 2018, 1:26 pm 

EM emissions have to comply with many standards before they are licensed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... _standards
Event Horizon

Postby Event Horizon on June 5th, 2018, 1:44 pm 

Ongoing research would be prudent though. If there is a risk from something, we can do something about it.
Event Horizon

Return to Biology