How to determine parameters range?

Discussions on general chemistry and chemical engineering, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.

How to determine parameters range?

Postby mj.mirazimi on January 25th, 2017, 3:22 pm 

Hi all :)

I am into running some leaching experiments and wanted to study the effect of different parameters on my dissolution rate. But I am confused with determining the parameters range. For example, I wanted to investigate the effect of T on my results. But I am not sure in which temperature range I should run my experiments. Should I test different temperatures (or other parameters as well) and see the change in the results and if by changing more in temperature, no change happened, so I can say for example that temperature is one of my upper of lower range?

Thanks for your help :)
mj.mirazimi
Forum Neophyte

Re: How to determine parameters range?

Postby Natural ChemE on January 26th, 2017, 4:38 am 

mj.mirazimi,

I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking. If you want to know the effect of temperature over some range of temperatures, then presumably you'd pick out a bunch of points over that range and run your tests on them, right?

If this is a homework problem, it sounds like it might be related to design of experiment.
Natural ChemE
Forum Moderator

Re: How to determine parameters range?

Postby mj.mirazimi on January 26th, 2017, 1:00 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for the response,
Actually, it is a part of my project, I want to study the effect of different parameters in my leaching recovery. For example, I want to see how an increase or decrease the temperature of the leaching medium, can affect the amount of my element recovered from my solid. and the same for other parameters like reagents, pH, Eh and ....
But the problem is, I do not know in which range of temperature I should run my experiments. For example, I should run them between 20 C to 70 or 10 - 60 or 30 to 120?!
mj.mirazimi
Forum Neophyte

Return to Chemistry