Is inertia correlated to mass?

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

Re: Is inertia correlated to mass?

Postby Inchworm on August 8th, 2017, 11:48 am 

Hi Again!

For those who did not see that info on the physics forum yet, I'm actually discussing a way to simulate my model with David Cooper on NSF (with Java), so I might have a more precise answer to my questions soon. Here is the link for those who would like to help build the simulation, or simply to learn how to build one for their own model:
https://www.thenakedscientists.com/foru ... #msg520175
Inchworm

Re: Is inertia correlated to mass?

Postby Inchworm on August 12th, 2017, 10:18 am 

I shall report the progress of the simulation here from now on. For the moment, David thinks it will be impossible to use light as a carrier of information because it is too fast to simulate slow speeds, so I suggested that we use sound as in my example with cars, and I suddenly realized that at close to the speed of the wave, his simulation of MMx shows that light would take more and more time between the mirrors, what means that the cars would take more and more time to accelerate, which is equivalent to mass increase in the case of particles. I knew mass increase would happen because of the limited speed of the waves between my two particles, but I didn't realize that they would take more time to accelerate since I didn't believe in time dilation at that moment.
Inchworm

Previous

Return to Personal Theories