magnetic anomalies

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

magnetic anomalies

Postby Athena on December 28th, 2016, 1:40 pm 

Could magnetic anomalies explain the disappearance of Amelia Earhart and others in the Dragon Triangle and the Bermuda Triangle on the other side of the earth? Look want happens in this interactive link when moving a compass around the globe.

http://www.windows2universe.org/physica ... ctive.html

Is there a possible relationship between the two triangles? I am using the following link for the picture only. It is not a proper "scientific" link, just the picture, okay? What I see as important to the relationship is the same thing I see when moving the compass in the simulation. In the simulation the compass point can seem confusing if the compass is made to cross back and forth over the north/south line.

bm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_lNv5spfRAhUqqVQKHYPnDF4QsAQIIQ#imgrc=Kt4PE7JLCHCe9M%3A
Athena
Banned User

Re: magnetic anomalies

Postby Athena on December 31st, 2016, 11:35 am 

I think the relationship between the two triangles is the line of latitude because the magnetic force from the poles merges without there being a distinct boundary for the magnetic force at this latitude.

This picture of the magnetic field could cause a person to wonder how helpful a compass is around the center litatude.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192 ... ould-be-ok

That link is reporting

This summer, the European Space Agency published data that suggested that the Earth’s magnetic field could flip — as in, the magnetic north pole becomes the magnetic south pole — in “a few thousand years.” At the time, I figured there was no rush to write it up — after all, we might not even be living on Earth in a few thousand years. Now, however, new research published this week shows that the magnetic field might flip within our lifetime — so it’s probably something that we ought to talk about.

It says there might be a connection between the pole shift and significant plate tectonic shifts. As the northwest is concerned about a major earthquake and tsunami, talk about the two events happening in our life time, gets my attention.
Athena
Banned User

Postby zetreque on December 31st, 2016, 4:40 pm 

I'm not sure what you are getting at and the link in your first post doesn't work.

The equatorial region is pretty well protected or stable from solar radiation. It's the polar regions that twist and distort (the aurora borealis)
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/educator/litho7.jpg

The compass needle just follows the lines in that animation you gave.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby zetreque on January 1st, 2017, 1:00 am 

Athena » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:35 am wrote:I think the relationship between the two triangles is the line of latitude because the magnetic force from the poles merges without there being a distinct boundary for the magnetic force at this latitude.

This picture of the magnetic field could cause a person to wonder how helpful a compass is around the center litatude.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192 ... ould-be-ok

Here is the research that article is talking about.

http://www.es.ucsc.edu/~glatz/pub/glatz ... e_1995.pdf

I guess your theory is that early signs of a pole reversal that happens every 200,000 to 300,000 years, as recorded in ocean sediment cores, would be an explanation for disappearance of ships and aircraft in the "triangles"?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Dave_Oblad on January 1st, 2017, 2:44 am 

Hi all,

Personally.. I think it's the fact these Triangles have 4 sides and that's confusing everybody.

Happy New Year..
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)
Braininvat liked this post

Postby Athena on January 1st, 2017, 3:04 am 

Forget Amelia Earhart. I have read several articles trying to clarify the compass malfunction issue and just could not get any clear report on that. I also looked for information about if a compass would react differently at the equator and the best I can understand, it does not wobble erratically. I got the wrong impression from the interactive link and the picture of the magnetic field.

However, the information about the pole shift happening in our life-time might be good?

Yipes, I just spent 2 hours googling for information and it is way past my bed-time. I am letting you know that, because I want to let people know, although I don't know much, I sure do try to figure things out, and I want to thank you for replying.
Athena
Banned User

Postby Athena on January 1st, 2017, 3:08 am 

Dave_Oblad » January 1st, 2017, 12:44 am wrote:Hi all,

Personally.. I think it's the fact these Triangles have 4 sides and that's confusing everybody.

Happy New Year..

Ha, ha

It was not my intention to stay up until midnight Pacific time, but now it is so close to mid night there are fireworks going off and that might make it difficult to fall asleep.
Athena
Banned User

Postby zetreque on January 1st, 2017, 3:17 am 

I dread holidays now because I know how much noise pollution is helping to destroy biodiversity, not to mention human health. The ignorance grows along with the noise level every year.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Dave_Oblad on January 1st, 2017, 3:29 am 

Hi Athena,

Athena wrote:Forget Amelia Earhart.

My wife would never let me. On a long trip she always insisted that we stop at the next station, fill up and ask for directions. "Remember Amelia" was her motto.

Regards,
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Personal Theories