Chi- mind, body and soul

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

Chi- mind, body and soul

Postby Athena on March 16th, 2017, 11:13 am 

The end of this video explains Chi is our connection with the universe, and this could go in the thread questioning about math and our understanding of the universe, but it appears my understanding of just about everything, is decidedly different and therefore not appreciated, so rather than make an unwanted contribution to someone else's thread, I am starting a new one and if anyone cares, consider the universe is patterns that can be mathematically understood. That is we can connect with the greater universe through math and science and Chi, meditation or contemplation of a theory as Einstien and other mathematicians have done, and intuition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRtZAwVwgo
Athena

Re: Chi- mind, body and soul

Postby ralfcis on March 18th, 2017, 5:15 pm 

Didn't see much connection to math in that video. I was hoping it would explain the phenomenon of people thinking and speaking in word salad. Why does the language of ignorance require such a cryptic and complex vocabulary that seems to mean nothing? Inquiring minds want to know.
ralfcis

Postby Athena on March 19th, 2017, 11:07 am 

Perhaps I should have posted this one at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzCvlFRISIM
Athena

Postby vivian maxine on March 19th, 2017, 11:47 am 

Athena » March 19th, 2017, 10:07 am wrote:Perhaps I should have posted this one at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzCvlFRISIM

I couldn't get the talk but a written comment below at least explained why people are calling everything Mathematics:

"What is consciousness?" simple: It's just math. Why? Because it's the patterns, not the particles, that matter."

All right. Time was I'd have been satisfied with that but not now when we're talking about consciousness. How do you make a pattern of consciousness?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Athena on March 19th, 2017, 5:33 pm 

Vivian, what is really exciting to me is the possibility that the New Age is different from the past because our consciousness is so changed it is impossible for those in the New Age to relate to the human consciousness before this time. Which also means it is very difficult for us to comprehend that new consciousness because it does not fit our present thought patterns.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... spiritual/

“A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” – R.C. Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University , “The Mental Universe” ; Nature 436:29,2005) (source)

I should add to this, there is no way I think the Sumerian explanation of creation, that was translated by Hebrews in Ur before they migrated back to Egypt, is a story of god's truth, any more than I think the rest of the world's explanations of gods are a god's truth. There is no way I want my post to be understood in religious terms. But I also think we are coming to the end of thinking reality is only mechanical matter.

With advances in math, science, and technology we are able to perceive reality very differently than we could in past and it is time we update our understanding of reality.
Athena

Postby vivian maxine on March 19th, 2017, 7:23 pm 

I may be wrong but I think Professor Henry's ideas are not exactly new. That is as regards an immaterial/spiritual universe. They are just different - dressed in the new knowledge that has evolved over time. Many in the distant and near past have had similar ideas. Now we shall see how the professor's vision works out.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Athena on March 20th, 2017, 11:44 am 

vivian maxine » March 19th, 2017, 5:23 pm wrote:I may be wrong but I think Professor Henry's ideas are not exactly new. That is as regards an immaterial/spiritual universe. They are just different - dressed in the new knowledge that has evolved over time. Many in the distant and near past have had similar ideas. Now we shall see how the professor's vision works out.

I come to quantum physics through an interest in eastern philosophy and primitive south American consciousness of motion rather than matter. Western language and consciousness is rooted in ancient Athens, Egypt, and Rome, and it was Rome that made us so focused on matter, making Christianity oddly paradoxical, arguing for a spiritual reality that is completely separated from the reality of matter, unless the right rituals are performed to infuse us with the holy spirit or we are possessed by demons. A division of good and evil we cling to today, and boy, does this make a mess of our Justice system, but that is another thread. My point of view on such things gets me into trouble in the "science" forum. Laugh.

What is your position on such matters? Do you think it might be possible for the universe to have an energy that we do not fully understand? Like ever since quantum physics, I have wondered why we cling to our materialist understanding of reality? Is this materialistic understanding of reality justified or is it just cultural bias coming out of Rome?
Athena

Postby vivian maxine on March 20th, 2017, 12:00 pm 

Athena, I can't answer your questions because they are beyond my understanding. For the "material", physics is over my head and quantum far more over my head. I can say the universe has energy but I'm not sure what I or anyone else means by that. Physical energy where matter creates/produces energy? That sounds good until someone jumps in and says "matter is not real; it is all energy". There I slink out the back door.

Spiritual energy which no one can really explain, mostly because what they say often gets misinterpreted by their listeners and the talk go astray. There are certain words in our vocabulary which are hazardous to a good discussion. "spiritual" is one of those. I believe there is an energy that ties all of us together but I can't explain it in a way that someone would not attack wildly. So, I keep my ideas to myself because I am not a "fighter". Combat scares me.

For your questions, you need someone far more versed in those fields than I. I just read and think. Thanks.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Athena on March 22nd, 2017, 12:14 pm 

I agree with you on all counts, and I also want to avoid fights too. That is why I ask people to be respectful. When we are respectful of each other, not only can we avoid fights, but we are more apt to discover new truths.

Especially notions of spirituality are so confusing, but my goodness, if we don't speak of them respectfully, we have no chance of having a consensus on the best reasoning. I like the notion of being as a curious child enjoying exploring what there is and what we think. I don't think we should write anything in stone.
Athena

Return to Personal Theories