I thought perpetual motion and perpetual energy was a myth?

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

I thought perpetual motion and perpetual energy was a myth?

Postby handmade on June 1st, 2017, 12:01 pm 

handmade
Banned User

Re: I thought perpetual motion and perpetual energy was a my

Postby thehedglin on June 3rd, 2017, 1:04 am 

Looks a lot like the Bavarian "Magic Wheel".
thehedglin
Forum Neophyte

Postby handmade on June 3rd, 2017, 9:02 am 

thehedglin » June 3rd, 2017, 12:04 am wrote:Looks a lot like the Bavarian "Magic Wheel".

Thank you , I have not heard of this magic wheel, will look it up .
handmade
Banned User

Postby Dave_C on June 3rd, 2017, 10:27 am 

Perpetual motion is certainly a myth. I don't understand what the link is trying to propose (there's no actual design there) but there's a 'law' of nature called "conservation of energy" that prohibits perpetual motion machines. Perpetual motion requires a violation of conservation of energy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b8ZsFszE8I
Dave_C

Postby Braininvat on June 3rd, 2017, 11:09 am 

http://sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=39&t=7858&p=70667&hilit=perpetual+motion#p70667

It's always entertaining to do an advanced search on perpetual motion (check "topic titles only" to get a manageable search). The notion seems to be a perennial favorite of crackpots.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby handmade on June 3rd, 2017, 1:27 pm 

Braininvat » June 3rd, 2017, 10:09 am wrote:http://sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=39&t=7858&p=70667&hilit=perpetual+motion#p70667

It's always entertaining to do an advanced search on perpetual motion (check "topic titles only" to get a manageable search). The notion seems to be a perennial favorite of crackpots.

Well the crackpot link is myself, if the logic works then my belief is it works.

I do believe perpetual motion and perpetual energy is achievable, I believe it is evident all around us in the universe.

We know if we drop the arm anti clock wise the momentum of the fall will take the arm into the right half of the diagram.

We also know that we could put a magnetic dampening field ''under'' this half to create a magnetic suspension , thus the arm can not fall back to the 180 degrees position even if it wanted it too.

Then the only difficulty is to get the arm to pull up the ''slope'' of the 90 degrees that is left, we can pull this by using an opposing magnetic field which should attract the arm.

Where is there any error in that logic?
handmade
Banned User

Postby thehedglin on June 3rd, 2017, 2:19 pm 

handmade » June 3rd, 2017, 8:02 am wrote:
thehedglin » June 3rd, 2017, 12:04 am wrote:Looks a lot like the Bavarian "Magic Wheel".

Thank you , I have not heard of this magic wheel, will look it up .

Not a problem, I am glad some of the random nonsense inside my skull was interesting to someone. As a side note, the schematics provided seem similar, but that could be due to their ambiguity. In physics, details are more important than mere concepts, so it might help if you work on those a bit.
thehedglin
Forum Neophyte

Return to Personal Theories