Meta-human abilities.

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

Re: Meta-human abilities.

Postby zetreque on June 25th, 2017, 9:22 pm 

Do you mind sharing why you started looking at the sun, and why you kept doing it? Seems like a strange thing to do, let alone take up as a hobby.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Braininvat on June 26th, 2017, 1:51 am 

That's what I wondered. I mean, most of us have a strong instinct to avert our eyes from direct sun in them. And a culturally imparted fear of blindness. I don't mean anything rude by this, but have ever been diagnosed with any form of mental illness?

And, just so we are clear, do you claim that you look directly at the disk of the sun? Not just in the general direction?
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on June 26th, 2017, 2:36 am 

This thread is comical!

You will not definitely go blind if you stare at the sun. If you stare at the sun non-stop for a few hours I am pretty certain you will.

If you damage your retina by staring at the sun it will recover within a few days unless the damage is too bad.

I cannot believe you have not said HOW LONG you stare at the sun for and that no one has asked you??

5 mins everyday may be fine. If you are religiously going outside and timing your viewing of the sun for 30+ minutes every day for 6 years then I don't believe you.

If you are really interested in this then study the biology of the eye. It is fascinating. You have the motivation to do so, so don't waste the opportunity to learn something rather than post seemingly absurd statements on a science forum.

I am pretty sure you're just trolling though or high.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

BioWizard liked this post

Postby BioWizard on June 26th, 2017, 8:25 am 

I agree with badger.
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby NoShips on June 26th, 2017, 8:33 am 

Well, the Russians got the first man in space, and the Americans the first on the Moon.

Not to be outdone, the Irish space and aeronautics agency held a press conference, announcing they would be sending a man to the Sun.

"Um, won't it be like really hot?" one journalist enquired.

"We've thought of that. We're sending him at night."
NoShips
Banned User

Previous

Return to Personal Theories