which funeral ?

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

which funeral ?

Postby Katrin on August 26th, 2018, 4:45 am 

cremate or bury ?

our remains go back into the evolution cycle.

What should happen to evil and sick remains,
how should such be disposed,
that they can no longer harm plants and animals, thus humans ?
Katrin
Forum Neophyte

Re: which funeral ?

Postby Serpent on August 26th, 2018, 10:55 am 

Katrin » August 26th, 2018, 3:45 am wrote:cremate or bury ?

You could also mummify and encrypt, freeze-dry, macerate, stuff and mount, throw a body into the ocean or leave it on a rooftop for the vultures.
As for burial, with or without coffin; horizontal or vertical? How about cremate and bury?
Each method of disposal/preservation has its problems.
My personal choice would be macerate and compost, but flesh takes a long time to break down into recyclable components and is a health hazard, not to mention noxious, in the interim - a considerable challenge in the numbers of a modern city, so I'm inclined to go with cremation.

our remains go back into the evolution cycle.

I doubt they evolve anymore, but the elements become available for recombination.

What should happen to evil and sick remains,
how should such be disposed,
that they can no longer harm plants and animals, thus humans ?

I don't know what you mean by "evil" remains. Once the mind stops working, everyone is as innocent and pure as the day they were conceived: just neutral biomass.
As for "sick", it depends. They used to bury typhoid victims in lime pits to keep the disease from spreading. With all contagion, you have to take precautions. Coffin burial is usually enough; once the host is dead, the virus or bacteria have nothing to live on. Cremation, of course, is even safer, provided that an airborne pathogen doesn't get loose before it's incinerated. I don't know of any communicable diseases that pass through plants to humans. Chemical toxins do, but they're more likely to have been applied to the plants directly, or released into the water-table, than come from dead bodies.
Serpent
Resident Member

Re: which funeral ?

Postby TheVat on August 26th, 2018, 1:28 pm 

Just remember to have dental fillings and implants removed, as they may contain metals that can volatilize and spew from the crematorium chimney, e. g. mercury in dental amalgams. In green burial, the fillings are stable and unlikely to leach into the soil. Green burial, if offered in your area, is a good one for several reasons, worth looking up. The UK now has over 200 green cemeteries. The USA is a little slower in embracing this ancient method of returning a person to the soil. In the hit HBO series, "Six Feet Under" Nate Fisher receives a green burial.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Return to Personal Theories