Numerus "Numerans Numeratus"

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

Re: Numerus "Numerans Numeratus"

Postby Philostotle on December 6th, 2018, 8:25 pm 

The following attachment is a personal theoretical mathematical construct for peer review.

Synopsis:

It is the inherent nature of all things that they are a compilation of two different and distinct things. It is axiomatic that these two things are space and value. The value of any given thing being what it is, while the space is what it occupies.

It is true that, abstract or otherwise numbers are a thing, therefore they must also contain a compilation of space and value. It is an axiomatic truth that space is the labeling of quantities of dimensions. It is an axiomatic truth that value is the labeling of quantities of existence, other than dimensions.

*It is possible one disagrees abstraction has space....but the agreement can easily be made that the space of abstraction is also abstract...therein nullifying the debate.

Therefore abstract numbers must in the least, contain an abstract representation of spacial quantity, (in the symbol) to match the abstract numerical quantity (in the symbol).

All numbers are composed of both space and value...inherent in the "number" or "symbol" that identifies it.

Thanks for those that chose to offer criticism and or help!
Attachments
Numerus Numeransnumeratus.docx
(32.61 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Philostotle

Postby Philostotle on February 14th, 2019, 2:57 am 

I had hoped for more interest. Supposing this is because I chose to leave out negative integer examples I will post the following.

In keeping with the assertion that the entirety of Numerus Numerans Numeratus is Isomorphic except regarding multiplication and division by zero, we acquire the current definitions of subtraction and negative.

Subtraction is: add the opposite of.

http://www.softschools.com/math/topics/subtracting_integers/

Negative is: the opposite of.

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/arith-review-negative-numbers/arith-review-number-opposites/a/number-opposites

Therefore, subtraction is not an operation other than addition, which remains unchanged.

Therefore, the negative symbol represents a characteristic of the following given quantity.

Let the given characteristic of the negative symbol for the numerical quantity exist without change.

Let the numerical quantity of the number 0: exist without an opposite numerical quantity.

-1: the opposite of the numerical quantity 1.

Allow that the characteristic of the negative symbol for the dimensional unit quantity to exits as: “place the opposite of”

-(_): “place the opposite of” a given numerical quantity into the dimensional unit quantity of (_).

Classic

-2 * 3 = -6

Isomorphic

-(_,_) * 3 = -6

3: the numerical quantity of the number 3.

-(_,_): the dimensional unit quantity of the number 2, indicating that the opposite of the given numerical quantity is to be placed into it.

(-3,-3): the opposite of the given numerical quantity of the number 3, placed into the dimensional unit quantity of the number 2.

(-3 + -3 = -6): the opposite of the given numerical quantity of the number 3, placed into the dimensional unit quantity of the number 2, then all numerical quantities in all dimensional unit quantities are added.

Classic

-2 * -3 = 6

Isomorphic

-(_,_) * -3 = 6

Or relatively:

-(_,_,_) * -2 = 6

-(_,_): the dimensional unit quantity of the number 2, indicating that the opposite of the given numerical quantity is to be placed into it.

-3: the numerical quantity given.

3: the opposite of the numerical quantity given.

(3 + 3 = 6): the opposite of the opposite of the numerical quantity of the number 3 placed into the dimensional unit quantity of the number 2, then all numerical quantities in all dimensional unit quantities are added.

Or relatively:

-(_,_,_): the dimensional unit quantity of the number 3, indicating that the opposite of the given numerical quantity is to be placed into it.

-2: the numerical quantity given.

2: the opposite of the numerical quantity given.

(2 + 2 + 2 = 6): the opposite of the opposite of the numerical quantity of the number 2 placed into the dimensional unit quantity of the number 3, then all numerical quantities in all dimensional unit quantities are added.
Philostotle
Forum Neophyte

Postby someguy1 on February 15th, 2019, 6:53 pm 

Hi Conway. Why the name change?
someguy1

Postby Philostotle on February 15th, 2019, 7:51 pm 

Dear someguy1

Because there is an older version of the paper already on here...with that name, of which the password I could not remember (several years old). I have no desire to hide myself. What would be the point...especially if I am a crazy nutter like you and the others so desperately wish. How else am I to collect my laurels...if you don't know my name...

So...do you have a point...a question...or just trolling along?....that's what I thought....

proof...

http://www.creativitypool.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

posted under Conway, with nearly the same time stamps as this site.....
Philostotle
Forum Neophyte

Return to Personal Theories