Black Holes and Galaxy Formation

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

Black Holes and Galaxy Formation

Postby Holly on February 21st, 2019, 8:46 pm 

This one was posted as a theory to my friend Fardave:

Which form first Black Holes or Galaxy Formation?

I suggest they form at the same time like an eye in a Hurricane.

Faradave pointed out all of the dark matter or other particles that could possibly effect this formation.

How do you let another member know about a post?
Holly
Forum Neophyte

Re: Black Holes and Galaxy Formation

Postby Holly on February 21st, 2019, 11:57 pm 

When those giant stars exploded and eventually formed clouds of particles I propose the following:
When that cloud forms if the right mixture of chemistry, particles and force or energy allows it to collapse to form galaxies & black holes simultaneously

Neil deGrasse Tyson
The most astonishing thing about the Universe
https://youtu.be/Di73YH8vW7g
Holly
Forum Neophyte

Re: Black Holes and Galaxy Formation

Postby bangstrom on February 22nd, 2019, 6:52 am 

Holly » February 21st, 2019, 10:57 pm wrote:When those giant stars exploded and eventually formed clouds of particles I propose the following:
When that cloud forms if the right mixture of chemistry, particles and force or energy allows it to collapse to form galaxies & black holes simultaneously

Black holes are thought to form at the center of old stars that have gone supernova. The explosive forces of the outer envelope of gasses when a star goes nova force the stellar core to implode into a neutron star, or if the force is even greater, the stellar core can undergo the ultimate collapse into a black hole.

It takes an extraordinary concentration of mass and energy to form a black hole. Your scenario sounds possible but I suspect that galaxy like swirls of hydrogen and helium formed first by their own gravity and then stars begin to coalesce from these primal gases so stars and galaxies formed simultaneously and black holes came later. The galactic centers were the points where stars formed first and where they aged and went supernova first so that was the origin of the galactic black hole centers centers.

Another possibility is that the Big Bang itself was the origin of primal black holes, the largest of which, formed galactic centers around which galaxies begin to form so black holes may have come first. Any primal black holes too small or isolated to grow by attracting more matter evaporated by Hawking radiation so there was never an abundance of small, primal black holes drifting about vacuuming up matter to cause later havoc with star and planet formation.

I prefer the first scenario to the latter but that is strictly my poorly informed guess.
bangstrom

Holly liked this post

Return to Personal Theories