Poll: Atheist, Agnostic, Theist

Theology, Religious Studies, religion, god, faith and other topics of a spiritual nature.

Where is your faith

Atheism
No votes
Theology
No votes
Agnostic 50/50
No votes
Agnostic, lean towards Atheism
50%
Agnostic, mostly Atheism
No votes
Agnostic, lean towards Theology
50%
Agnostic, mostly Theology
No votes

Total votes : 2

Poll: Atheist, Agnostic, Theist

Postby edy420 on June 18th, 2018, 11:53 pm 

Everyone here has an opinion on the relevance of Gods existence.
I thought it might be interesting to draw a picture of the overall SCF opinion on the subject.

Whether faith in science or theology, we like to believe one or the other on certain matters.
Most specifically the creation of the universe and the creation of life.

There are other areas that science can’t explain, like why do we have gravity, or why do we have any law of physics for that matter.
A full blown atheist may say they are here by chance for no explicit reason other than to interact with atoms.
Whereas a Theist may ascribe this reason, to the will of God.

Where does your faith stand when the facts are open to interpretation and it comes to believing one or the other?
Or what is your faith in general?

Last year as an Agnostic, I saw myself as having 70% faith in theological answers, and 30% in science.
Now I’ve given my life to Christ and consider myself a 100% believer.
I always felt that if God wanted me to worship him, he’d come down and ask.
But in light of recent events, I look back on my life and see the Devil pulling my strings from the shadows, laughing at my ignorance.
I feel like Ive seen him with my own two eyes, and if the Devil is real, then so is Jesus.
Ive since had some amazing experiences, trusting in our Lord and listening to his wisdom.

What are your reasons for believing what you believe?
edy420

Re: Poll: Atheist, Agnostic, Theist

Postby mitchellmckain on July 12th, 2018, 6:18 pm 

The choice is between Atheism and THEISM, not Atheism and theology!

Perhaps you need to look up the definition of the words "theism" and "theology."

My faith is in God NOT theology. Those who put their faith in a theology are ultimately putting their faith in themselves - imagining that they know God better than anyone else. Of course, I do think I know this stuff better than most people, but it is still a sifting sand upon which to place your faith as the foundation of your spiritual well being.
mitchellmckain

Postby BadgerJelly on July 20th, 2018, 8:05 am 

Pointless without a definition of “god.” Essentially everyone is “religious” they just have different perspectives on existence and ways of aligning themselves with the problems thrown up durign day-to-day life.

It may suit me to believe one thign one moment and another the next.

Are Buddhists “atheists” or “theists”? You’ll find that in some ways some are and some aren’t. The crux lies in defining “deity” as being part of theist belief or not. If not then the problem remains with making a definition of “god” in order to determine who is and is not a “theist.”

I am all of the above. In one way I am a theist and in another an atheist, and even an anti-theist in some more extreme circumstances.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on July 20th, 2018, 5:31 pm 

4 people have posted here but only 2 answered the poll.

Might help to have clearer categories, e. g. atheist, monotheist, pantheist, polytheist, panpsychist, spiritual but not theist, animist (probably not many left) and so on. Also "theology" should be theism.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Return to Religion