What is Life - philosophic and theological issue

Theology, Religious Studies, religion, god, faith and other topics of a spiritual nature.

What is Life - philosophic and theological issue

Postby mitchellmckain on September 7th, 2018, 2:51 am 

Biosapien » September 7th, 2018, 12:02 am wrote:I came across so many people like you who primarily believe only in science. I simply want to remind you on the fact that, science can only explain things which you can able realize with your five sense or things which bound to creation and destruction. Science or people like you can never explain or reveal the truth of creation.

And I keep coming across so many people like you who jump to unwarranted conclusions like this. I am an evangelical Christian -- I do not primarily believe only in science. Yes science can only explain the things which everybody can experience -- that is the point of it. Science can come to conclusions which everyone can accept. People, like you, can stubbornly continue to parrot a bunch of dogma meaningless to most people -- willfully blinding themselves to the fact that the world is and always will be filled with a diversity of opinion regarding those things based upon personal experience alone. I stand for those who find the balance of rational faith, valuing the subjective experience without drinking the kool-aid and blinding themselves to the objective evidence.

Biosapien » September 7th, 2018, 12:02 am wrote:If science can explain everything why the problem in this world still persist

This is another of your jumps to an unwarranted conclusion, which is little more than a strawman. I also assert that science cannot explain everything. On the contrary, when it answers a question, it generally lights up a dozen more questions. But that shows the general inadequacy of religious answers, like "Goddidit," which leads only to a dead end. I value religion but not for the purpose of answering questions. I have never heard that God explained anything. If that is what you are expecting from religion then you are wasting your time and playing up to the atheists who like to characterize religion as primitive science.

Biosapien » September 7th, 2018, 12:02 am wrote:If science is a successive tool they why many of the research fails to get replicated

The replication of research is the standard of scientific objectivity. If it cannot be replicated then there is no reason for the scientific community to accept it as correct.

Biosapien » September 7th, 2018, 12:02 am wrote:If science is a true knowledge they why science needs incorporation of mathematics for data manipulation.

Mathematics is the most powerful tool of science, both to nail things down to precise specifics and to make things concrete in quantities which anyone can measure. Making your personal dislike of mathematics a reason for dissing science sounds like the temper tantrum of a spoiled child.


But ok.... If you want a reaction to your definition from the subjective side of my thinking as a Christian...
Biosapien » August 11th, 2018, 1:20 am wrote:From my perspective i would say "Life" is the process of creation through which our immortal soul incorporated into mortal body for the purpose of gaining knowledge through worldly experience.

Well I don't really believe in an immortal soul incorporated into a mortal body. I do believe in an immortal spirit which is created by the choices we make in life with our mortal body. So this idea of being alive so this soul can gain knowledge sounds like nonsense to me even on the subjective religious side of my thinking. We are not alive in order give knowledge to some pre-existing entity, we are alive in order to bring this eternal spiritual entity into existence, and the hope is that we will get what we need to survive outside the womb of this world of rules in the more unlimited existence there is outside of it.

But it is only to be expected that when it comes to subjective religious beliefs that we are not going to agree -- none of the thousands of other religious sects and millions of other religious believers are likely to agree with either of us. That is the nature of things founded on personal experience alone.

Biosapien » September 7th, 2018, 12:14 am wrote:"it is meaningless and makes no connection whatsoever to the observed phenomenon of life"

The fundamental phenomenon of life is to constantly strive for knowledge which in-turn helps for survival of any life form (eg., Virus changes its of surface protein to escape from immune cell to people like you who hunt for knowledge for your own survival)

Then hopefully you will continue to learn in your pursuit of knowledge about what is life.
User avatar
mitchellmckain
Active Member
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: 27 Oct 2016


Return to Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests