Who owns your soul? If not you, then WHO are YOU?

Theology, Religious Studies, religion, god, faith and other topics of a spiritual nature.

Who owns your soul? If not you, then WHO are YOU?

Postby -1- on January 5th, 2019, 8:50 am 

In some religious doctrines the soul is given to man, but it is a property of the god of that religion.

So... I am given a soul... who am I? Who is this soulless entity? My body? But my body has been given to me by the same alleged god.

Who am I then? Not a body, not a soul... these are properties (owned things) of god. He gave them to me, one day he will take them away. I am sure of that. Who is then the ME that these things are given or lent to?
-1-

Re: Who owns your soul? If not you, then WHO are YOU?

Postby -1- on January 5th, 2019, 8:54 am 

Of course you realize that a body that is not mine, a mind and soul that is not mine, because I don't exist, can't be accounted for any sin, as all that is ME is a property (owned thing) of god. There is no independently operating unit, only borrowed body with a borrowed soul that is puppet of god.

And if all these things can't be accounted for any sin, then of course god can't be accounted for any sin.

Sinners don't exist. And therefore sin does not exist. And so does not virtue, by the same implication.
-1-

Re: Who owns your soul? If not you, then WHO are YOU?

Postby Brent696 on February 1st, 2019, 6:27 pm 

Soul, like "mind" or "life" is often spoken of in the third person, you might say "my being", as if it is something other than you while it is in fact the essence of you.

Many Christians and religion adherents of other faiths follow their doctrines and creeds without much thought and self reflection, they cannot discern between body and soul much less soul and Spirit.

The SOUL, is you, it is Identity, it is that "witness" that has the capacity to see itself, know itself. In this "knowing oneself" there is a sensation of duality, what I call a mirror, but the one who looks, and that which he perceives (the self), are one and the same.

In this we share the IMAGE of God, God is the true I AM, an infinity beyond all that is created, from His perspective we are like shadows, possibilities, but we do not share the same REALITY as He does. He is One, and knows Himself as the whole of reality, the whole of existence.

The universe is created within a protective egg as it were, time, space and subsequent dimensions allow for the multiplicity we see and experience. If this reality were to come fully into the light of God's presence and Being it would all burn away, become nothing, for in truth it is nothing even now. This is what is behind the statement, "no man can see God and live", or "our God is a consuming fire".

We tend to think of God within our created framework, as if He is simply the MOST powerful, the MOST anything, but least, more, most, all these terms are relegated to our reality of one thing can be compared against another. God is something totally OTHER THAN.

So while He experiences true being, inside of the dimensions of this universe we experience temporal being, a multiplicity of "I am"s. Part of the IMAGE we share though, is the responsibility for our own being even as He is responsibly for His. The fact He created us does not make Him responsible for our acts anymore than a parent is responsible for the thoughts of their child. As a parent, and for a time, I can set boundaries and seek to infuse ideas into my child, but they must always think their own thoughts just as they possess their own "I am" within them.

That covers "transgressions, sin", but for those who approach the scriptures with a mind that considers Being, having understood they are not their bodies, Sin takes on a higher reality. Sin, as it refers to Being, denotes that which "misses the marks", it is the fact that we are "created" and thus do not possess the Infinite Being which is God. We are temporal, under the wrath, slated for destruction as is all "things" created. The soul is not immortal, despite the opinions of many theologians, by the very fact it is created. In the dimension of time, creation and destruction, beginning and end, appear separate, but from the Infinite standpoint they are simultaneous.

Christians and many of other faiths, due to their bodily or carnal way of thinking, interprets scripture as if immortality is a given, and God merely comes to punish the wicked. They ASSUME the soul and their existence is on par with an Infinite reality, not having understood the Oneness of God. Consider Adam was in context, a body formed from the dust, and a "breath/soul" breathed into that body in which he became a living soul, "living referring to our present state in a body. Immortality was given as a "possibility" seen as the tree of life, no a given. And with the fruit of the tree of knowledge Adam lost access to the tree of life,

The mystery of Christianity is that God sends a portion of His own Being, His seed, in the form and identity of Christ, and that seed, upon being poured out is able to merge with the created souls of this creation, thus making us one in Christ, receiving eternal life and being, and thus being able at the end of the age to be "lifted up/resurrected" into the presence and oneness of God.

Just as we are souls, so are we sin, and being sinners, created from the darkness, created from the nothingness, so do we sin/transgress/error/and manifest/act wickedly/twisted
Brent696

Return to Religion