What is the scientific explanation of Quranic verse 35:27?

Theology, Religious Studies, religion, god, faith and other topics of a spiritual nature.

What is the scientific explanation of Quranic verse 35:27?

Postby rehan.asiddiqui on July 14th, 2018, 5:06 pm 

I need to know the scientific explanations of this Quranic verse 35:27. Can anybody help me?
"Do you not see that Allah sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby fruits of varying colors? And in the mountains are tracts, white and red of varying shades and [some] extremely black."
rehan.asiddiqui
Forum Neophyte

Re: What is the scientific explanation of Quranic verse 35:2

Postby Duckie on July 14th, 2018, 9:55 pm 

From a logical standpoint the passage reads as follows. Someone is being lectured on why rain is falling from the sky. They continue to explain that, because the rain is falling, the reaction is that we produce fruit of different colors. Next the lecturer says that the landscape is not homogenous. To sum it up, "The universe is born and so therefore the universe is heterogeneous". After this point there is no scientific explanation for how a single person should interpret the article. After searching for deeper meaning than the words themselves logic slowly fades away and is replaced with faith or ideals. No living person can tell you with certainty that the words hold more meaning than the words themselves and because of that the explanation of Quranic verse 35:27 is as explained above.

This question could most likely be better explained from a non scientific based standpoint.
Try out the link for a better, less scientific overview of the passage.

http://islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=35&verse=27&to=37
Duckie
Forum Neophyte

rehan.asiddiqui liked this post

Postby Brent696 on July 14th, 2018, 10:47 pm 

(35:24) We have sent you with the Truth to proclaim good news and to warn. Never has there been a nation but a warner came to it.
(35:25) If they give the lie to you now, those that went before them also gave the lie to their Messengers when they came to them with Clear Proofs,46 with Scriptures, and with the Illuminating Book.
(35:26) Then I seized those who denied the Truth, and how terrible was My punishment!
(35:27) Do you not see that Allah sent down water from the sky with which We brought forth fruits of diverse hues? In the mountains there are white and red, of diverse hues, and pitchy black;
(35:28) and human beings too, and beasts, and cattle � diverse are their hues.48From among His servants, it is only those who know that fear Allah.49 Verily Allah is Most Mighty, Most Forgiving.
(35:29) Surely those who recite the Book of Allah and establish Prayer and spend, privately and publicly, out of what We have provided them, look forward to a trade that shall suffer no loss;
(35:30) (a trade in which they have invested their all) so that Allah may pay them their wages in full and may add to them out of His Bounty.51 He is Most Forgiving, Most Appreciative.

35:24 All nations (ethnics/races) of the world have been given prophets
25 (if these prophets were in error, it is because their teachers lied to them [possibly from corrupted scriptures and referring to his idea Israel corrupted their own scriptures])
26 I (Mohammed) arrested and punished (death and or torture) those who he considered as false prophets
27 From the unity of one “rain” (supposedly his teachings) come different color fruit, paths of different colors refers to the stata colors as a path might run vertical at different elevations.
(This is to say that Islam is suitable for all men of all colors)
28 Humans like animals come in all colors, Allah (forgiving) accepts them all
29 The nations that take to Islam will not have to fear our attacks (against their trade)
30 If they accept Islam we can all make money

Its always good to work from context, Paraphrased it is pretty simply, Mohammed claims to possess the truth, all others are liars, He punished (death or torture) other prophets, Islam will flow to all nations, no matter what color they are. If they do not accept Islam we will hurt them financially, if they accept they have no reason to fear and we will all make money.

There is nothing scientific perse, if you have even hiked in the mountains the path can be different colors at different elevations of the strata, its all about Islam being forced upon the world or else. Please don't hold me accountable for what it says, I truly tried to be honest in simply following the context, I have no agreement with it.
Brent696

rehan.asiddiqui liked this post

Postby mitchellmckain on July 15th, 2018, 12:47 am 

I don't see any need for a scientific explanation, but I found the same link given by Duckie which seemed like a good commentary on what it was talking about.
mitchellmckain

Postby rehan.asiddiqui on July 15th, 2018, 9:20 am 

All praise goes to Allah (SWT) who has rewarded us with a brilliant mind and thinking capacity. Thanks to all of you for your valuable comments and precious time.
I am a student of Biology and I was told about this verse by my supervisor. As far as my understanding is concerned, the words "the mountains are streaks white, and red of varying colors, and some are black" means:
1. When we talk about colors it means wavelength. Change in the wavelengths will result in a change in colors and vice versa.
2. White means visible colors like VIBGOYR.
3. "Red of varying colors" indicates infrared region. It has a wide range of wavelength indicating varying red colors.
4. If you do the infra-red (IR) spectroscopy of any substance found in the universe, you will get specific wavelength spectral pattern like fingerprints. If you inverse the spectra with the help of a software, it will look like "mountains".
5. What is meant by black? I don't know. It may be x-rays or gamma rays.

I want to go in deep, that's why i asked this question to know about different perspectives.

Indeed, what is written in the Quran, has more than several meanings. The Quran invites its readers to think in deep and deep. Infact, there is always a sign for those who understand.

If you find any other explanation, please share.

(Allah knows better)

Jazak Allah!
rehan.asiddiqui
Forum Neophyte

Postby BadgerJelly on July 15th, 2018, 9:25 am 

This should be quickly shuffled over to “religious” forum I think. Nothing of scientific value here other than through having a peek at psychological fixatedness. If one wants to see meaning and deep understanding within a few vague words they will - that is something interesting in and of itself.

Over all there is little, to nothing, to suggest there is anythign remotely scientific about these passages.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

mitchellmckainBraininvat liked this post

Return to Religion