Are you a Mystic?

Discussions on the nature of being, existence, reality and knowledge. What is? How do we know?

Are you a Mystic?

Postby Alan McDougall on May 12th, 2017, 12:58 pm 

Are you a mystic and you did not know it

A mystic is one who, above all else in life, desires to know, not in the intellectual sense of knowing, the deepest Truth of existence. A mystic is one who senses more to life than making a living or being of service in the world although these things are both necessary and good. The mystic, however, is looking beyond an exclusive or preoccupied focus on these survival or self-actualization to something more.

He is looking to discover the deepest truth of our being as incarnate souls; to understand our greatest potential as reflections of God; to realize our wholeness within the ground of all. The primary interest in life for the mystic is to discover truth, to know God; to see into mans whole nature. The mystic sees all of life as an abundant opportunity to discover, realize, and express the Divine.

Mysticism springs from an insatiable curiosity for understanding the essential questions of life: matters of God, creation, the infinite and the human potential for knowing truth. The mystic is in reality the ultimate scientist who, looking beyond the apparent or obvious in all matters, asks, "Is this that I am seeing reality or the illusions that stem from fear?" "What existed before this sense of reality?"

"What existed before my mental constructs, my beliefs, my self identity?" "Who is this that observes and is self-reflecting?" "What is at life's very source?"

Mysticism: Why it’s so often misunderstood

Mysticism is terrifically misunderstood by mainstream culture. It always has been. Many people incorrectly think mysticism is some kind of odd occult or a mystic someone who studies magic or renounces life and goes off to live in a cave. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The reason this has often been confused though is not so surprising. The mystic is one who undergoes a radical shift in conscious understanding and that often looks, sounds, or seems very mysterious to our accustomed ways of thinking and being.

The mystic consciously enters into the sacred journey that all the world's great religions speak of in various ways. Some call it becoming awakened, enlightened, or born again. It is an inner journey that requires a deconstruction of the conditioned illusions of separation so that the true freedom of living can emerge.

It is the true meaning of being born anew. It is the process and realization of letting die our stale and conditioned habits and beliefs so that we may live in the fullness of each new moment of creation. It is the understanding that conditioned patterns, belief systems, and memory are not living, but dead moments already. It is the realization that true living can only be lived in a freedom that moves with the current of creation, forever open to each moment teaming with new potential.

To let go the illusions of ego identity and stand naked before our true original nature, often requires a removing of oneself from typical ways of living and thinking at least for a time. In the sacred literature, this is often referred to as entering the wilderness, facing the dark night of the soul, annihilation of the ego, or dying to oneself to be born again. It is a process of fundamental transformation of conscious understanding that the mystic takes on.

The journey it takes to successfully deconstruct the layers of conditioning that block true awareness, and what emerges from this inner journey of realization or awakening can often look and sound very mysterious, if not down right confusing, to the uninitiated and linear mind. But in truth it is the deepest meaning upon which all the world's great religions have their original foundation.

It is the journey to discovering and experiencing direct relationship with/as God or the source of all creation. It is each individual soul coming to directly know itself within the divine. It is the fulfillment of our purpose, "I and my father are one."
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Re: Are you a Mystic?

Postby DragonFly on May 12th, 2017, 1:13 pm 

The mystic, such as Rumi, errs right off of the bat in presuming a Divine/God as fact, and so goes on to deceive himself and others by adding more "maybe" structure stated as fact to the original "Maybe". Same with all manner of preachers.

Nevertheless, I still wrote a worded pictorial about Rumi's sayings to sum up mysticism since it's useful to know how and what people arrive at:

https://austintorney.wordpress.com/2014/12/11/a-meeting-with-rumi-art-scapes-poem-and-video/
DragonFly
Resident Member

Postby Heavy_Water on May 12th, 2017, 1:35 pm 

Do you think an atheist with a science background can be a mystic? I am curious.

Could, say, a Richard Dawkins be a mystic? I think, yes. He and his sort seem to fit the qualifications for mystic that you listed.

I agree with your definition, btw. The term often is misconstrued in today's world. It is in a way like the word "Spirituality" or spiritual experience. Many folks mistakenly confuse that with religion. Or think it necessitates a belief in gods. Or the paranormal.

I personally do not agree with this. I can have a spiritual experience trail running. Or eating a sweet juicy peach.

Cheers.
Heavy_Water
Banned User

Postby mitchellmckain on May 13th, 2017, 2:21 am 

There seems to be many definitions of Mysticism and the above sound to me like the declarations of a particular religion especially the whole "poor misunderstood us" theme.

For theists, "mysticism" has mostly been about seeking a oneness with God.

For one strain of philosophical thought, "mysticism" was about transcending the limitations of rationalism.

For William James and many psychologists, "mysticism" was about the types of experiences which inspire religious patterns of behavior.

What about me? Am I a mystic?

I don't have much interest in theistic mysticism or in mystical experiences. But I do believe examining and confronting the limitations of rationalistic thinking.
mitchellmckain

Postby Alan McDougall on May 14th, 2017, 3:54 am 

Heavy_Water » May 12th, 2017, 7:35 pm wrote:Do you think an atheist with a science background can be a mystic? I am curious.

Could, say, a Richard Dawkins be a mystic? I think, yes. He and his sort seem to fit the qualifications for mystic that you listed.

I agree with your definition, btw. The term often is misconstrued in today's world. It is in a way like the word "Spirituality" or spiritual experience. Many folks mistakenly confuse that with religion. Or think it necessitates a belief in gods. Or the paranormal.

I personally do not agree with this. I can have a spiritual experience trail running. Or eating a sweet juicy peach.

Cheers.

I think Richard Dawkins would be horrified to be taken as a mystic.
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby BadgerJelly on May 14th, 2017, 11:59 am 

I would say I am a non-practicing shaman who accidently induced a state of altered consciousness and then purposefully induced one after the first. Not tried to go there again yet, so maybe I am a shaman in stasis? XD haha
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby nameless on June 1st, 2017, 6:02 am 

Yes.
My experience/Knowledge offers a different definition; a 'mystic' is one who seeks and finds/becomes the One Omni- Universal Self! One who experiences/Knows Universal Self!
Enlightenment = unconditional Love = Heaven = Nirvana...
nameless
Banned User

Postby Alan McDougall on June 15th, 2017, 1:14 pm 

BadgerJelly » May 14th, 2017, 5:59 pm wrote:I would say I am a non-practicing shaman who accidently induced a state of altered consciousness and then purposefully induced one after the first. Not tried to go there again yet, so maybe I am a shaman in stasis? XD haha

Altered states of consciousness, induced by mania

By Alan McDougall

Greetings people, this is how we should perceive reality! How I achieved this altered state of consciousness is a private matter that even my family are not aware of. It is subjectively true, but I can accept that much of it might have come from another source that I will not reveal on Face Book.

Recalling experiences that I have had during extreme altered state of consciousness (not drug induced) I was aware of the intensity of colours unimaginably beautiful and countless unseen in our early dimension, they, blazed in living harmonious vibrations.

Everything sang and I could hear and fell the caress of the sound of smell the taste of music and colours beyond present perception and outside the comprehension of our mortal bodies.

I knew then that I had never come remotely close to knowing what an almost infinite precise instrument my whole body really was. It is not only the brain that perceives reality; each cell is individual aware parts of my body.

It might be possible to switch to seeing with my ears, tasting with my eyes, listening with my sense of taste, smell and feel. Every atom of you physical body harmonizes together, as one intelligent member of your composite living being.

We have never learned how to utilize the amazing sensory organ that is our entire body. In this state of awareness I could stand still and hear the chirp of a billion birds which I knew was quantum particle flashing in the mind of God. They sing the song of existence and creation and we are deaf to their beautiful song and its real meaning.

Learning to use by whole body, as one great sensory instrument, I could perceive things that normally go completely unnoticed. Looking carefully with all my combined bodily senses

I could read the messages from the universe all around me. I could see things as minute as a vibrating electron, or the great expanding universe, existence told me of the past, present and future.

I only we look at everything, taste, smell, feel, hear, breathe, see and use our innate psychic intuitive ability, nothing would overtake us as a complete surprise as we become one with all existence and hear the song of creation all around usual the time.

People became open books to me as I could hear in my mind every word they were thinking, and I had to close my mind against the cacophony of meaningless babble until I could filter it out and hear the beauty of glorious minds all around me, both human and animal.

I had to retreat in shock and horror from the dark bleakness from real evil thoughts that sometimes entered my mind. And learn to accept and embrace all that is beautiful and loving about our beautiful blue water planet and the unimaginable wonder of the universe and the super universe from out of which it was born.

My body, mind, soul and spirit as stilled my inner being to really hear, feel, see taste smell and merge with the Super- Consciousness, began to expand in such unimaginable exhilaration that my finite mind and self-embraced all of the existence and I saw and understood everything just like God did.

My ego was gone and I could no longer separate my awareness and personality than from God himself. Indeed, I had for all purposes amalgamated with and become godlike.

My soul awareness or consciousness expanded until it filled the whole universe and beyond and in this brief glorious moment I became everything, I was “Infinite Existence” All things were now encompassed within my being.

In what we call our normal waking state, we are really sleeping in a dormant hibernating like way. But with practice, one can awaken to a much greater degree than is the norm for many of us.

In my earthly life, I have plunged the depths of darkness’, despair desolation and for anyone to tell me there is a hell worse than this was a great offence to me. But now I knew the consequences and the accountability of life and there were hells so terrible that the Christian hell was a kiddies teddies bears picnic by comparison. I saw beings so black, so dark, so cold so evil, so depraved and hideous dwelling in this horror.

I saw the horror of this on a planet, a village much like a village on earth, the village was lit up and a little girl looked at me with sad eyes and I saw the life drain out of her and her eyes slowly dimming until the death of cold overtook her. This is the battle for our universe our universe of Light and Dark. Look out at the night sky, what do you see? “A sky mostly dark with some light in this potentially infinite dark?”

But maybe we must travel through the dark valleys of utter hopeless like I did; to really relish and savour the unbelievable glory that awaits us.

Before we exit this life we should have reached a place of contentment, peace and love. Then the transition is easy to smooth exiting a wonder beyond words, like a great holiday that embraces so much beautiful unknowns that the mind is filled with the essences and fragrances of new lands, planets and universes, both physical and spiritual way out beyond any wildest speculations about the afterlife

Love

Alan McDougall

© Copyright Alan Grant McDougall 1/9/2013.
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby Alan McDougall on June 15th, 2017, 1:15 pm 

BadgerJelly » May 14th, 2017, 5:59 pm wrote:I would say I am a non-practicing shaman who accidently induced a state of altered consciousness and then purposefully induced one after the first. Not tried to go there again yet, so maybe I am a shaman in stasis? XD haha

Altered states of consciousness, induced by mania

By Alan McDougall

Greetings people, this is how we should perceive reality! How I achieved this altered state of consciousness is a private matter that even my family are not aware of. It is subjectively true, but I can accept that much of it might have come from another source that I will not reveal on Face Book.

Recalling experiences that I have had during extreme altered state of consciousness (not drug induced) I was aware of the intensity of colours unimaginably beautiful and countless unseen in our early dimension, they, blazed in living harmonious vibrations.

Everything sang and I could hear and fell the caress of the sound of smell the taste of music and colours beyond present perception and outside the comprehension of our mortal bodies.

I knew then that I had never come remotely close to knowing what an almost infinite precise instrument my whole body really was. It is not only the brain that perceives reality; each cell is individual aware parts of my body.

It might be possible to switch to seeing with my ears, tasting with my eyes, listening with my sense of taste, smell and feel. Every atom of you physical body harmonizes together, as one intelligent member of your composite living being.

We have never learned how to utilize the amazing sensory organ that is our entire body. In this state of awareness I could stand still and hear the chirp of a billion birds which I knew was quantum particle flashing in the mind of God. They sing the song of existence and creation and we are deaf to their beautiful song and its real meaning.

Learning to use by whole body, as one great sensory instrument, I could perceive things that normally go completely unnoticed. Looking carefully with all my combined bodily senses

I could read the messages from the universe all around me. I could see things as minute as a vibrating electron, or the great expanding universe, existence told me of the past, present and future.

I only we look at everything, taste, smell, feel, hear, breathe, see and use our innate psychic intuitive ability, nothing would overtake us as a complete surprise as we become one with all existence and hear the song of creation all around usual the time.

People became open books to me as I could hear in my mind every word they were thinking, and I had to close my mind against the cacophony of meaningless babble until I could filter it out and hear the beauty of glorious minds all around me, both human and animal.

I had to retreat in shock and horror from the dark bleakness from real evil thoughts that sometimes entered my mind. And learn to accept and embrace all that is beautiful and loving about our beautiful blue water planet and the unimaginable wonder of the universe and the super universe from out of which it was born.

My body, mind, soul and spirit as stilled my inner being to really hear, feel, see taste smell and merge with the Super- Consciousness, began to expand in such unimaginable exhilaration that my finite mind and self-embraced all of the existence and I saw and understood everything just like God did.

My ego was gone and I could no longer separate my awareness and personality than from God himself. Indeed, I had for all purposes amalgamated with and become godlike.

My soul awareness or consciousness expanded until it filled the whole universe and beyond and in this brief glorious moment I became everything, I was “Infinite Existence” All things were now encompassed within my being.

In what we call our normal waking state, we are really sleeping in a dormant hibernating like way. But with practice, one can awaken to a much greater degree than is the norm for many of us.

In my earthly life, I have plunged the depths of darkness’, despair desolation and for anyone to tell me there is a hell worse than this was a great offence to me. But now I knew the consequences and the accountability of life and there were hells so terrible that the Christian hell was a kiddies teddies bears picnic by comparison. I saw beings so black, so dark, so cold so evil, so depraved and hideous dwelling in this horror.

I saw the horror of this on a planet, a village much like a village on earth, the village was lit up and a little girl looked at me with sad eyes and I saw the life drain out of her and her eyes slowly dimming until the death of cold overtook her. This is the battle for our universe our universe of Light and Dark. Look out at the night sky, what do you see? “A sky mostly dark with some light in this potentially infinite dark?”

But maybe we must travel through the dark valleys of utter hopeless like I did; to really relish and savour the unbelievable glory that awaits us.

Before we exit this life we should have reached a place of contentment, peace and love. Then the transition is easy to smooth exiting a wonder beyond words, like a great holiday that embraces so much beautiful unknowns that the mind is filled with the essences and fragrances of new lands, planets and universes, both physical and spiritual way out beyond any wildest speculations about the afterlife

Love

Alan McDougall

© Copyright Alan Grant McDougall 1/9/2013.
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby mitchellmckain on June 16th, 2017, 1:46 am 

As a response to my post I kind of expected the writer of the OP to either pick one of the definitions I gave or at least provide a fourth option. Can we say that is what he did in the OP?

A mystic is one who, above all else in life, desires to know, not in the intellectual sense of knowing, the deepest Truth of existence.

At first glance this looks promising for is it not in the form of a definition. But on second glance we see something rather subjective, for what determines whether a truth is "deepest?" Frankly it sounds like typical religious language by which a set of believers claim that their set of beliefs are the best, truest, and most profound -- all adjectives used in a sale pitch.

A mystic is one who senses more to life than making a living or being of service in the world although these things are both necessary and good.

Once again the promise of a definition in the seconds statement falls quickly falls apart because of the subjectivity of this. Who doesn't sense more to life than making a living or being of service to the world? For some it is football (or some other entertainment art from gaming to painting -- and I have to admit to a personal feeling that creative endeavors are what makes life worth living more than just about anything else). For others it is the inquiries of science, philosophy, mathematics, or logic. For some it is a search for an ultimate thrill or pleasure. For others it is a sense of accomplishment, doing something which nobody has done before. And yes for some it is found in some kind of subjective/religious/mystical experience/activity which give a feeling or conviction of transcendence (or some other word which basically means being better than everyone else in some way).

The mystic, however, is looking beyond an exclusive or preoccupied focus on these survival or self-actualization to something more.

Perhaps this is more interesting, for after all cannot all the above examples be categorized as a form of self actualization? But then what is not self-actualization? And there is where I feel we usually get lost in the deceptive rhetoric of some religion. Surely if we are most honest then only way of getting the "self" out of your life activity -- the only way to be selfless -- is to serve others. But then he has ruled this out already in the previous statement. Thus we are left with some slick sales rhetoric seeking to convince us that somehow being selfless isn't serving others but performing some sort of religious/spiritual activity and this frankly looks like little more that a meme seeking to perpetuate itself.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I will get 100% behind the idea that there is more to life be found in some kind of religious/spiritual stuff transcending the mere requirements of material survival. But what I will not get behind is the rhetoric which groups uses to say that their particular thing is the true religion or the "deepest truth" because they have the exclusive, the patent and monopoly on the ultimate transcendent reality.

Thus it is no surprise that his next words dive into language filled with particular religious beliefs.
He is looking to discover the deepest truth of our being as incarnate souls; to understand our greatest potential as reflections of God; to realize our wholeness within the ground of all. The primary interest in life for the mystic is to discover truth, to know God; to see into mans whole nature. The mystic sees all of life as an abundant opportunity to discover, realize, and express the Divine.

Hey I believe in God and in a spiritual aspect to existence, but not everybody does, and even my beliefs are likely to be very very different than his.

Mysticism springs from an insatiable curiosity for understanding the essential questions of life: matters of God, creation, the infinite and the human potential for knowing truth.

The same can be said for science, philosophy and religion -- though each will choose what questions they see as most important and what methods they will use.

The mystic is in reality the ultimate scientist

No doubt "ultimate scientist" means one who doesn't bother with the scientific method but simply decides he can dictate the truth to everyone as the ultimate authority based on a claim of personally having transcended mundane reality.

who, looking beyond the apparent or obvious in all matters, asks, "Is this that I am seeing reality or the illusions that stem from fear?" "What existed before this sense of reality?"

Again these are questions people ask in science, philosophy and religion. But I think the important difference is when they make their assumptions and methods clear, for when they do not I feel like the only method being used is that of a slick salesman making a pitch.
mitchellmckain

Postby BadgerJelly on June 16th, 2017, 3:46 am 

My own "mania" involved a depth of perception (or imagined perception)

I was an unbelievable listener, I noticed body language more and was more attuned to peoples feelings (this was not illusionary). I could "read" everything. By this I can only give an example of what I mean.

I saw the same distinct pattern everywhere, I looked at objects and pictures as historical objects, I imagined there history, how they got there, what the reason was (if any). Being among other humans it was clear that most objects around me were a display of human activity. Even the brush strokes on the painted walls were readable. I looked at them with fascination and asked why those particular strokes of the hand in those directions? How had the thoughts and emotions of the person painting the wall been reflected in the pattern of brush strokes he or she had used?

I saw a clear narrative procedure to everything, yet the theme of the narrative was not directly tangible. We were living on the surface only. I could see the immense potential everywhere and it lifted me up and made me crave to communicate with everyone about this, but at the same time I was acutely aware that I could not and that all I could do was be and observe.

There was, and is, something quite beautiful about chaos. To speak in mystical words the chaos of nature is like the echo of a forgotten song we all crave to hear again.

All of this is why I am somewhat obsessed with "language". I have a desire to give over this subjective experience I had to others as I really want to feel out what it is and bring it into objective investigation. Given that it is very much an empirically non-existent "thing" this makes the task quite a difficult one! Much like we all know what "love" means but in the broader empirical world we struggle to relate to the complexity of this emotional feeling as it entwines with everything.

The experience I had is most certainly less common than this. It is the kind of experience people have when they are under huge physical/mental stress, when their existence truly or falsely, seems under direct threat. I can relate to this general parse of saying "destruction of the ego" yet I know how dumb such a thing sounds and how hippy and New Agey it sounds too.

I am fortunate I was not brought up under the umbrella of any religious doctrine. Both my parents were unconcerned with religion and I was never exposed to any system of belief (other than Santa and Wombles!) My primary school had bare minimum attachment to religious practices, although we did sing some hymns and have Christmas plays. When it came to praying I simply refused to take part (again, most likely under the influence of my parents views)

I am saying this because I can see VERY clearly that if someone with a more prominent imprint put upon them at an early age had the kind of experience I am talking about then I would most certainly expect them to equate it with religious teachings, and it is these religious teachings I believe to have stemmed from these kind of extraordinary experiences.

Heaven and Hell are inventions. If you research into the idea of demons and angels you'll see something running parallel to this in the history of psychology and science in general. This is the esoteric traditions which made purposeful use of the images of demons and angels to aid the mind in certain activities. These activities would be artistic, creative and were quite prominently and historically used for means to aid the memory.

To refer to the other post about aliens, Biv pointed out that alien abductions were only reported once UFO's began to appear on TV. Carl Jung points this out too and pre-alien/UFO culture these human experiences would have been called demons (incubus and succubus), the reports of which are identical to sleep paralysis. What we know of human minds is they tend to grasp for the first "plausible" explanation. As an example Jung was performing hypnosis on one of his patients and in the session the woman open her umbrella during her hypnotic state. She was then roused from her hypnotic state and Jung asked her why she had her umbrella open inside his office. She then gave a very clear explanation as to why and obviously believed it herself. Jung knew it was a lie having been witness to the hypnotic state and the real reason she had opened the umbrella. I am telling this little story to illustrate that if something strange happens we cannot understand we will grasp for any explanation to hand, be it religious or not. One person will say they visited by demons and another abducted by aliens, under a different cultural upbringing it may a completely different explanation. What is clear is that there is an underlying phenomenon to this and it may offer a considerable amount of potential into understanding our sense of existence, self and consciousness.

I relate the experience to a kind of physical principle. It was as if I was both simultaneously calm and unstable. In physics this makes sense. More symmetry possesses more potential and is unstable. I guess you could argue that my "cultural upbringing" was based more around these kinds of ideas about the universe and so I implemented them in my experience in order to gain some understanding. I was in some deep thought about the fundamental problems of the physics and universe just prior to my, what can be reasonably described as, psychotic break (in a good way).

It was very much a self-deconstruction. What I "saw" in my minds eye was a purposeful imagining of an understanding (if that makes sense?) It was chaotic and elusive, hinting at a solution, but purposefully obscured and intangible. My verbose thoughts couldn't attach to it at all and when I attempted to it slipped away, and when it slipped away my verbose thoughts had nothing to "view", and then it blinked back again into my minds eye to tease my intellect.

I can only outline my experience in a "mystical" way. I do so only to help elucidate the very vague outline to others. I see myself as "lucky" not special or anything like that. It also gave me a certain burden of responsibility too that was hard to frame rationally.

When it comes to people talking about these experiences as Heaven or Hell, I call them out and say both are wrong. It is merely the habit of the human mind to say X or Y. For myself I wrote down at the time to explain to my future self that there is no "happiness" or "sadness", no "good" or "bad", that all emotions are merely a feature of a boarder landscape and to see the landscape makes "happiness" seems lifeless and void.

None of it really matters, and at the same time nothing else but this matters. I guess that is why I appreciate some mysticism and reading texts like the Tao Te Ching. I can relate to the underlying principle and it seems to me that in these long winding texts what is really trying to be done is to frame the whole of human existence into a singularity. Much like when you read any novel you are left with the whole narrative in mind and a certain "over all" feeling that you attach to the narrative you've just read. There is no singular term to describe this whole experience to another and instead we are left with strings of concepts and descriptions that are essentially a deconstruction of the innate "feeling" ... I think I've come pretty much full circle now so I'll end it there.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby RoccoR on June 18th, 2017, 8:47 pm 

※→ mitchellmckain, Heavy_Water, et al,

I can see, with just these few responses, that there is a big confusion as to the "very basic" of what a "Mystic" is; and the fundamentals of "Mysticism."

But first, a word of understanding. Not everyone that uses the terms "Mystic" or "Mysticism" actually use it correctly.

• An Atheist (by definition) CAN NOT be a Mystic, or practice Mysticism.
    • Not all organizations that claim to be "Mystical" in some fashion, may not be such.
    • You might be a Mystic if you wish to commune with the Supreme Being (SB) or Ultimate Cosmic Creator (UCC).

Heavy_Water » May 12th, 2017, 1:35 pm wrote:Do you think an atheist with a science background can be a mystic?

mitchellmckain » May 13th, 2017, 2:21 am wrote:What about me? Am I a mystic?

(ANSWERS STRAIGHT UP)

∆ There is an organization called the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm. It IS NOT an occult or mystical organization, but entirely a fellowship association for Master Masons. The name just sounded cool.

∆ Mystics must believe, in some form, or an SB or UCC. Atheist cannot be Mystics.

∆ You might be a Mystic; depending on the nature of your of the connection with the SB or UCC.

(COMMENT)

Mystics do not praise or worship the SB and UCC in the case of of most of the Mainstream Western Religions. The Mystic does not commune with the SB and UCC by means of revelation or the ordinary religious rites and practices; but, by through introspection and meditation in conjunction with some sort of purification (unique to the Mystic). Neither Moses (Hebrew) and Mohamed (Muslim) could not be Mystics. The practices of Mysticism are not associated with any particular philosophical or theological belief system. The Mystic attempts to attain the ultimate reality with the SB and UCC by opening a direct communication with the highest power as a personal connection. It is a connection that does not emphasize mandatory worship, submission, or servitude. A Mystic desires to establish a connection as close to God as possible; touching some part of the divine essence itself.

Members of the clergy or missionaries are not likely to open a mystical connection with the SB or UCC

Most Respectfully,
R
RoccoR

Postby Alan McDougall on June 18th, 2017, 9:32 pm 

RoccoR » June 19th, 2017, 2:47 am wrote:Re: Are you a Mystic?
※→ mitchellmckain, Heavy_Water, et al,

I can see, with just these few responses, that there is a big confusion as to the "very basic" of what a "Mystic" is; and the fundamentals of "Mysticism."

But first, a word of understanding. Not everyone that uses the terms "Mystic" or "Mysticism" actually use it correctly.

• Not all organizations that claim to be "Mystical" in some fashion, may not be such.
    • You might be a Mystic if you wish to commune with the Supreme Being (SB) or Ultimate Cosmic Creator (UCC).

Heavy_Water » May 12th, 2017, 1:35 pm wrote:Do you think an atheist with a science background can be a mystic?

mitchellmckain » May 13th, 2017, 2:21 am wrote:What about me? Am I a mystic?

(ANSWERS STRAIGHT UP)

∆ There is an organization called the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm. It IS NOT an occult or mystical organization, but entirely a fellowship association for Master Masons. The name just sounded cool.

∆ Mystics must believe, in some form, or an SB or UCC. Atheist cannot be Mystics.

∆ You might be a Mystic; depending on the nature of your of the connection with the SB or UCC.

(COMMENT)

Mystics do not praise or worship the SB and UCC in the case of of most of the Mainstream Western Religions. The Mystic does not commune with the SB and UCC by means of revelation or the ordinary religious rites and practices; but, by through introspection and meditation in conjunction with some sort of purification (unique to the Mystic). Neither Moses (Hebrew) and Mohamed (Muslim) could not be Mystics. The practices of Mysticism are not associated with any particular philosophical or theological belief system. The Mystic attempts to attain the ultimate reality with the SB and UCC by opening a direct communication with the highest power as a personal connection. It is a connection that does not emphasize mandatory worship, submission, or servitude. A Mystic desires to establish a connection as close to God as possible; touching some part of the divine essence itself.

Members of the clergy or missionaries are not likely to open a mystical connection with the SB or UCC

Most Respectfully,
R

Thanks Rocco,

I think I am somewhat a different mystic to what you suggest, namely because I am insatiably curious and would like to know the mind of God, by somehow directly communication with Him
Alan McDougall
Banned User

RoccoR liked this post

Postby nameless on June 18th, 2017, 10:08 pm 

RoccoR » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm wrote:...• An Atheist (by definition) CAN NOT be a Mystic, or practice Mysticism.

You are incorrect.
If one can be an 'atheist' and still refrain from asserting that "There is no God!", one can certainly be a mystic! The atheist that asserts that "God doesn't exist!" is, himself, crawling with 'beliefs', but, predominately, so is everyone, unless naturally immune due to intellect or some other reason, perhaps. Again, 'belief infections can be healed, and do nothing but inhibit 'upward travel'! 'Beliefs' are vanity, pride, and inhibit Love!

... Mystics must believe, in some form, or an SB or UCC. Atheist cannot be Mystics.

'Belief' (infections) are usually healed in mysticism! Beliefs are NOT necessary at all! 'Beliefs' are ego, vanity, duality, thoughts, conditional, and 'beliefs' are a virus/malware of the ego/thoughts! One need not be infected with 'beliefs' at all to be a mystic! I Know!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

I have never met an 'atheist' who did not accept, logically (not 'believe'), at least tentatively, at least one of the above 'definitions'; if 'God' has too much baggage, Nature works, or Consciousness, or Reality...

...A Mystic desires to establish a connection as close to God as possible; touching some part of the divine essence itself...

There is no distinction between the mystic and 'God', not 'touching', not 'as close as possible'.
Did you read all this in some book? I am not hearing Knowledge/experience, just intellectualization, and error.
nameless
Banned User

Postby Alan McDougall on June 18th, 2017, 10:38 pm 

There is some debate whether Albert Einstein was a deist or an outright atheist. I tend to think that his idea of God (The God of Spinoza) was deistic.

Member Nameless quoted

You are incorrect.
If one can be an 'atheist' and still refrain from asserting that "There is no God!", one can certainly be a mystic! The atheist that asserts that "God doesn't exist!" is, himself, crawling with 'beliefs', but, predominately, so is everyone, unless naturally immune due to intellect or some other reason, perhaps. Again, 'belief infections can be healed, and do nothing but inhibit 'upward travel'! 'Beliefs' are vanity, pride, and inhibit Love!

Here is what Einstein said about the mysterious?

Albert Einstein
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed.

The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness
.”
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby Alan McDougall on June 18th, 2017, 11:51 pm 

Below is an account of a childhood mystical experience I had (I was about 6 years of age at the time)

An account with an "angel"? as a child of six

Hi, all.

Seeing that this thread is about the mysterious I thought this experience of mine as a small boy might be of interest to some forum members?

As a small boy of six years of age, I took a pathway home from school that I knew was not safe and my parents would not have known where I was or went if I got lost or hurt.

There was a small narrow gravel path winding through a thick plantation of trees. It was about a mile and a half long and when I was deep into the plantation, I looked back and saw a large man with an evil grin on his face. I got really frightened and scared because I knew in my heart he was out to hurt me in some bad way. I started to walk faster and faster, but he just easily kept up, the faster I walked to the faster he walked, all the time closing the gap between the two of us.

The next thing to my amazement, seemingly out of nowhere there was a friendly man walking at my side. When I looked back I saw that when the large bad man had also noticed this person he seemed to be as startled as I was and began to back off further and further behind us, until I could see him anymore.

The friendly smiling man, who had been silent up to this moment said as he continued to walk with me and guide me out of this thick plantation, “Joe (my nickname) "Never ever walk alone in this plantation again promise me that Joe" I promised him I would not use this road again and when turned to look at him, to thank him but he was gone, simply disappeared. I really believe now that he might have been an angel who had taken the form of a man.

When I did not return home on the school bus, my frantic parents and aunt began to search for me, and my late Aunt Bessie told me later that she had finally found me at the exit out of the plantation a narrow path. After I told her the story she was convinced it was an angel from God. She remembered this event and often discussed it with me right into her old age of over 80 years just before she sadly died in 2011.

I did not really comprehend the event properly then, but it remained engraved into my memory up to the moment of writing this account at the age of 76 As the years went by I came to know that God might have sent one of his angels to save me.

Was this friendly protective person just a normal man or was he an angel/agent sent by God to save a little boy all those long years ago?

What do you think..................?
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby nameless on June 19th, 2017, 2:54 am 

Alan McDougall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:38 pm wrote:There is some debate whether Albert Einstein was a deist or an outright atheist. I tend to think that his idea of God (The God of Spinoza) was deistic.

Member Nameless quoted

You are incorrect.

Here is what Einstein said about the mysterious?

Albert Einstein
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed.

The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness
.”

I'm missing something; are you attempting to refute something that I offered, using Einstein's quote, or use it to agree with something...?
His 'poesy' was purty, but I do not see it's place here.
Can we stay focused?
nameless
Banned User

Postby Alan McDougall on June 19th, 2017, 4:20 am 

I'm missing something; are you attempting to refute something that I offered, using Einstein's quote, or use it to agree with something...?
Can we stay focused?

Yes, you obviously are missing something, Einstein believed that you can have a fascination for the mystical in life as well as being a serious scientist.

I am focused and don't insult me like that
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby RoccoR on June 19th, 2017, 8:33 am 

※→ Alan McDougall, nameless, et al,

Then --- you might be a mystic.

Alan McDougall » June 18th, 2017, 9:32 pm wrote:
Thanks Rocco,

I think I am somewhat a different mystic to what you suggest, namely because I am insatiably curious and would like to know the mind of God, by somehow directly communication with Him

(COMMENT)

As I said, Mystics attempt to communicate with the SB/UCC through introspection and meditation; and some means of purification.

Most mystics equate the methodology analogous to "knocking on a door." What answers the door is controlled by whatever divinity is on the other side of the door. What answers may take any king of form it chooses.

nameless » June 18th, 2017, 10:08 pm wrote:
RoccoR » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm wrote:...• An Atheist (by definition) CAN NOT be a Mystic, or practice Mysticism.

You are incorrect.

RoccoR » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm wrote:... Mystics must believe, in some form, or an SB or UCC. Atheist cannot be Mystics.

(COMMENT)

No, your are now just dancing with words. The Supreme Being (SB) and Ultimate Cosmic Creator (UCC) will (in all probability) not establish a connection with someone who calls themselves a "mystic" but does not believe in the existence of an SB and UCC. The SB UCC of the Mystic is all powerful and all knowing. While someone my use such techniques as to confuse the moral, it cannot fool the SB UCC.

Mystics come in two flavors, that of the "physical" (Hermetic) and those of the "spiritual."

An Encyclopaedia of Occultism (1920) Page 283 - 284 wrote:Mysticism :
    The attempt of man to attain to the ultimate reality of things and enjoy communion with the Highest. Mysticism maintains the possibility of intercourse with God, not by means of revelation, or the ordinary religious channels, but by dint of introspection, culminating in the feeling that tha individual partakes of the divine nature. Mysticism has been identified with pantheism by some authorities ; but it differs from pantheism in that its motive is religious. But mysticism is greatly more speculative than ordinary religion and instead of commencing its nights of thought from the human side, starts from the divine nature rather than from man. The name mysticism cannot be applied to any particular system. Whereas religion teaches submission of the will and the ethical harmonies of life, mysticism strains after the realisation of a union with God Himself. The mystic desires to be a close to God as possible, if not indeed part of the Divine Essence Itself ; whereas the ordinary devotee of most religious systems merely desires to walk in God's way and obey His will.
This 1920's quote is almost word-for-word the same found in the 2001 Encyclopedia of Occultism & Parapsychology, 5th Edition, Volume II (M-Z) Page 1082

Mystics cannot form a relationship with an entity they believe does not exist.

Most Respectfully,
R
RoccoR

Postby Alan McDougall on June 19th, 2017, 12:56 pm 

Seeing we are discussing the mystical realms this is heaven to me?

One early morning while all was still dark I awoke in that state between sleep and wake and the boundaries between my physical self and everything physical around me began to dissolve. 

Quietness like a soft warm comforting peaceful blanket descended on my sleeping body and mind. I could hear in the background the sweet song of birds softly singing birds and somehow knew their wonderful beautiful voices were in absolute harmony and somehow were reflected the electrons darting in the mind of the Infinite One. 

Outside leaves rustled in the autumn night and although still indoors on my bed, I could somehow feel the breeze against my skin and the wonderful scent of grass and the fragrances of flowers that permeated the earth.

I became pure vibrating energy left my body and rose above the earth to where the blue became black and looked down upon the earth from the wonder of the glory of the infinite night. 

I found myself in the presence of a being who appeared to me to be a pulsating “ORB” similar to my state of being then, but much brighter and more energetic. At this time I thought this being might be God.

I had become a bright point “singularity a point of intelligent thinking light” within a Greater Light (Being of Light) that now embraced me and revealed to me later, mind to mind, some things relating to the afterlife, the planet earth, and the universe. This Being was the one who communicated with me and took me on the journey into the unknown realms later.

I found myself looking down upon the earth as if I were viewing it from a porthole of a spaceship. 

The earth was revolving very quickly and stopping over each country, where a stern warning was given to each leader. 

At first, I thought that the "Being of Light" that embraced my essence was God, but found out from him that he was a great angel, with an important message to humanity. At this stage, I did not have an ethereal body, just a point of light or a singularity of intense thought.

The Being was a beautiful pulsating ORB of colors pure energy.

As we hovered in space above the earth began to turn on its axis and began to stop over each country or continent with some sort of a warning, the great being kept repeating,

“Mere Mortal Man”, “I am not well pleased with you”. I especially remember vividly, when we were hovering over the Asian continent, looking down at India and the regions around it, that some great trouble would come from oceans and affect the Indian subcontinent terribly. 

I can now only remember a little what was being conveyed to humanity. 

Later I began to remember more and these some of these warnings have already come to pass namely; the great tsunami of 2004, Hurricane Katrina and the awful cyclone that hit Burma during 2008, these are just a few events that have come to pass amongst many still to come in the future.

Then we left the solar system and raced through the physical universe at limitless almost infinite speed. 

I was perplexed why there was no need for breathing and became aware that I became aware that I had now an ethereal body similar to my physical body, but this body did not need to breathe and was impervious to heat or the physical fundamental laws of our universe. This body of beauty shimmered in translucent blue, purple and amethyst.

One event clearly recalled was flying through an enormous planet that was floating in the great void alone in the dark with no sun warming its cold bleak black surface. I saw this huge planet approaching at colossal speed and passed right through it as if they no more than a light mist. 

Oceans, mantle, magma, crystals rock, and a boiling center flashed by and we continued at colossal speed out of the other side through and beyond our huge galaxy and faster and faster into the vastness of the universe. It was just like some greatly speeded up movie.

I also recall passing through huge great suns stars and galaxies of blazing glory, observing them, somehow, as we flashed through in an infinitesimal moment. 

Think of TV Sci-Fi where they flash through the universe at warp speed, it was something like that, but without a spaceship, stars, galaxies, clouds of cosmic dust pulsating light of magnetic energy. I was not bound to my physical body’s visual spectrum but could view the universe in all spectrum's, from microwave to infrared and more. 

The ethereal eye is hugely more sensitive than the physical eye and one could peer much deeper into the universe than even the greatest earthly telescope. 

Try to imagine this, of course, is impossible? Instead of space being black, with this heightened sense of vision, the universe lit up with a billion, trillion ever changing colors of breathtaking beauty.

The journey continued as billions of galaxies came and went and somehow, due to our huge unimaginable speed, time itself began to reverse, we were not only on a journey to “somewhere”, we were on a journey to “somewhen”. 

This “somewhen” was back before the big bang, into the primordial primeval void of zero point energy. “God is the Great Mathematician”, “the Great Scientist” and “the Compassionate Eternal One”

Exploding out of our universe, it began to recede at a colossal rate, first becoming an enormous dark plane, a sort of flat surface. (Like the Earth appears to us when we view it from a little height). 

This beautiful plane, or surface or edge of the universe (of course, in reality, the universe has no edge or surface just my semantics) twinkled with brilliant a billion trillion multi-colored pulsating aurora borealis like lights, unimaginably beautiful.

Further and further we raced, until our entire universe started to become a huge orb, then a huge globe until it was only a tiny spot a small singularity. 

Amongst the eternal infinite foam of numberless other realities, and physical universes that reside it this blazing white light that is the breath of God. I relate this of course in the dimness of my limited mind as these things are unexplainable in human terms or languages.

This light of purest white was limitless, boundless, infinite in any direction, it is where the “Spirit of God is so concentrated and hugely unimaginable pure holy and intense that one could vanish from existence if one tried to enter without permission.

If we remember the “Lords Prayer”, Our “Father” who art in “HEAVEN”, this in the domain if you like where the presence of God is all most tangible, the highest state of pure inexhaustibly indestructible energy it is where God lives, this might seem an oxymoron, that God is also omnipresent, but here his is inconceivable.” In my “Fathers House” are many mansions. 

It is the “Great Ocean” of all Existence the source of all creation, and all the great rivers of life flow into it. It is the experience that millions of mystics over time have tried to obtain, but all in vain, no matter what they claim.

Hovering quietly, in the Infinite Sacred silence blanketed by the peace and love of this purest stillness of holy white light I wondered and then enquired as to where we were? In my inner self, I knew it could only be what, I heard a voiceless voice was saying to me, “you are standing in the “Breath of God” also called the “Holy Spirit”

We were in a place of pure composite white light outside of normal material space and time, into ethereal realms and higher dimensions of living

Suddenly and I was no longer aware of where I was until a warm golden light encompassed me about and I knew I was in that eternal place outside time or space. 

Indeed, I now dwelt in the everlasting infinite moment. Marvelous extraordinary insights flashed into my mind and I was able with a new godlike understanding to comprehend all knowledge. I seemed to know all the mysteries of existence, just as if

I was God. It was clear to me then that the universe was mostly good and that evil will never prevail against the light. Beautifully interconnectivity into one glorious harmony whole is the final aim of our universe. “This is still a work in progress”.

Evil was allowed in the physical realms so that people can use their free will to love God and their fellow beings as they love themselves

I felt the warmth of the eternal fire, within the spirit of my being and I was filled with it with a sustained sense of exultation, immense joy, peace, rapture and sublime bliss. 

My awareness or consciousness expanding until it encompassed the entire universe and all existence. While I knew I was not God, and that I was the only bright tiny facet of the unimaginably beautiful diamond that we call God. 

It was like riding on the shoulders of God, looking out at the universe with his eyes and understanding everything from time immemorial to the present, into the unimaginable far future. Everything at once in an instant, but also through all of the eternity, both somehow, at once. 

Time became meaningless and did dot flow in the linear way it did in the physical realms.

An intellectual illumination beyond any description overflowed my mind and. I knew then that the will of Gods was for all humanity to be immortal and possess eternal life. 

“Death was not the natural intended order of Gods creation” and this mystery of life, death, and evil remains a mystery. The crucial plan of the universe was for the good of all that dwelt within its brilliant unimaginable beautiful wonderful and vast golden glorious borders.

The concept of time vanished and I seem to exist in an everlasting moment. 

The physical universe is indeed a most precious jewel in the mind of God. 

God created time, he is the Timekeeper if you like, he has a sort of a stopwatch, starting at the Alpha moment and stopping at the Omega moment, the Beginning and End.

I saw in my “mind's eye” a huge clock. Something like a doomsday clock, it had only a second hand and this hand was turning towards the top of the hour, but it would advance clockwise and reverse anticlockwise, sometimes advancing fifteen seconds and retreating ten, why I think when the second hand finally reaches the top of the hour something catastrophic and cataclysmic is going to happen?

The greatest emotion there was the feeling of unconditional all encompassing eternal love by our Creator combined with all the joyful beings of goodness and light in this everlasting pure domain of light and life. 

Every living thing is important to God, not only human souls are loved by God. God also loves animals and their souls return to him when they die. We sang there all together in perfect harmony the creation song of Gods existence and eternal mystery. 

Plants are living things and have great group mind and souls as do the fishes of the sea and plankton. The great whales have highly advanced minds and souls and they are also beings that God blessed when he created our earth. 

There is a pet heaven, where all or beloved pets frolic joyfully, just waiting for us to join them. The little minds and souls do not comprehend all our thoughts, but we can communicate with telepathy, just like we will do with other human souls in heaven.

My soul awareness or consciousness expanded until it filled the whole universe and beyond and in this “brief” glorious moment I became everything, I was “Infinite Existence”

This timeless reality was so very much more real than the three-dimensional reality we experience on earth. In this state, my mind was clear as crystal, I could feel an incredible energy and power coursing through me in this new wonderful indescribable time place. 

There seemed to be nothing but a sense of knowing, being and loving. A strange thing was that in this dimension one could alternate between the subjective and objective anytime at will. .Oh! 

How my soul delighted then and how reluctant I was to return to the bleak mundane existence of my earthly life. Reflecting back on my early life I wondered how many moments or days on earth in my mortal body had to be truly happy. We never experience the joy of this any happiness, while on earth with mortal bodies.

Was this death? No, it was brilliant exhilarating living; I was alive in a sense that I have never been I had become one vital aspect in the great all of the existence. An inexpressible interconnectedness to wonderful a mysterious and loving oneness but always retaining my own precious unique identity

The ethereal body has all senses of the material body and more, indeed there are many additional senses, that must be learned when we pass over. I could hear, smell, feel, sleep and even eat juicy apples, but one does not need to eat to get energy.

I looked carefully at this body it was formed outwardly like the physical body, but semi translucent and shimmering in concert with the emotions I was feeling, something a ghostly chameleon.

At first sight, this strange world appeared similar to our physical earth, but, in this higher vibration, more colorful, more beautiful, more amazing. I saw plants, trees, mountains, lakes, animals, and shimmering crystal-like buildings, some very large and ornate. I saw beings moving about, light beings, going about their daily lives.

They don't have physical bodies like us, but they are distinct translucent fields of energy, they have the ability to alter their outer appearance and take on the form of a human physical body, but they remain translucent and shimmering in appearance. 

They don't walk, they float. They have lived much like ours but without the struggles and sorrows. There are artists, musicians, dancers, singers, inventors, builders, healers, creators of miraculous things; co-creators with Gods beautiful inexhaustible energy. Indeed this place was close to the Christian concept of heaven.

I wondered why this world appeared at first hand looked so much like our earthly reality, albeit more beautiful. The answer it that when a person dies especially suddenly if they were to awaken on the other side and see it as it really is, just orbs of light shape shifting, atoms and fundamental particles coming together and parting lights flashing, they will be frightened and confused out of their mind. 

So they are slowly eased into these new dimensions, the first heaven almost a copy of a beautiful earth with which they are familiar and as these souls learn and evolve they are prepared for the next realm without any shock to their psyche.

Children of various ages were all around playing joyfully, people aged to about perfect maturity and stopped, although different, there did not seem to differ by race or color as we do on earth. 

Children who pass over to heaven take on the same age they had at the time of their death and then continue to grow or a better word mature until the reach the point of perfection Every person was made out of translucent light, and the light from each person constantly changes, later I found out this was one method of communication.

We stopped off in this world and I found myself in a beautiful translucent marble like building with many beautiful pillars something like the Geek Parthenon, many beings were milling about, was it a sort of a weigh station or great library or meeting place or place to congregate for special celebrations or events. I think it was there for all these reasons.

I thought about abortion and knew God understands if the woman has been violated soul of, the potential human baby just returns to God. God frowns on anyone aborting for selfish reasons, this is murder. A soul enters the mother’s womb at the very moment of conception and not at three to six weeks as many people think.

Many of the scenes places and angelic beings were the same ones I could so easily see as a child, I had a sort of mystical eye and could see through portals and vortexes a little boy, but I lost most of this when I became an adult.

Was it possible to see God, yes God can manifest an aspect of his greater Being to us, and what I saw was inconceivable, unspeakable, awesome a huge “Orb” of ever-changing lights flashing through a trillion billion spectrums, frightening and awesome in its beauty and the best word I can find to define what I saw was “MAJESTIC”.

This time fragment or aspect of the Infinite Divine God was like a great golden sun with thousands of planets revolved around him all in the same orbit. Who populated these worlds and what the purpose? I do not know, but I will find out when I pass into glory forever. Of course, God is not confined to that one place but it seemed to be something like the Holy Of Holies in the Hebrew Temple. Could I have access to this place?

This made me really think about what of significance I had done during my life. 

Then I remembered my wife, children grandchildren, parents, siblings, relatives, friends and all the learning and wisdom I had gained in my short existence in this earthly dimension and it all had meaning and purpose and I knew I had not lived in vain, but will leave behind a legacy of love when I die.

To us, our universe is supposedly 15 billion years old, but in the mind of God the Infinite Eternal, it has only existed for a tiny moment a blink in his great eyes.

The light of God was golden like the setting or rising sun out of it flowing out from the infinite mind of God, who is the Life and cause of existence.

I heard him speaking to me and everything flashed in and out of my mind by this huge voiceless voice that filled all existence with the primordial energy.

It was the most beautiful music of God that sustains the universe. GOD is the vibrations of all existence

I remembered the Bible Isaiah stating the Lion will eat grass and a little child will lead him, the wolf will lay down with the lamb, there will no longer be death sorrow or loneliness, and every tear will be wiped clear and people will sing with angels and God will join in with his awesome mighty voice of infinite beauty, filling all of the existence and his voice will banish evil, fear, and suffer forever. His voice is the voice of “LIFE”

“There a total mystical union with the divine” The norm is the union between multiple souls or between similar souls. Perhaps the greatest physical ecstasy known to humanity is sex and “something like this continues in the next life” but it is always based on love as no lust exists in the afterlife. It in like really getting inside the totally of another welcoming being. 

Like minds and souls join in glorious revolving Mandalay’s of ever changing lights a glory of intense euphoric “Oneness”. Of course, there is fun and games in heaven, heaven is not about labour but about living in love and peace

In heaven, we are free to enjoy each other by totally giving of our souls, spirits, and minds in true altruistic (unselfish) love, a merging of such unimaginable wonder, that our present minds and bodies could not comprehend it.

However, the union with the God is the place of infinite love and light, is beyond description in its wonder. Does everyone just enter there no? The doorkeeper to God and union with him is the “Great Prince of Peace”

I continued to experience a sustained sense of vibrant happiness beyond description together with unimaginable joy, peace, and glory.

Thinking about this state of blissful rapture later I realized that God would not let souls continually remain in this state of bliss, as life, learning and purpose continue after we die and leave the earth. Death is not the end of life but the doorway into endless life

There is no such thing as boredom because a process of continual learning and hopefully graduation to higher heavens There are an instant access and pooling of all knowledge by telepathy between all the minds in the universe, but of course even in heaven privacy is respected.

In addition, it is possible to communicate in this manner with the simple innocent minds of our passed over beloved pets and all creatures big and small. More in feelings of love, appreciation and emotion than words.

By telepathy, teleportation, etc. we will have instant access to all our beloved ones, throughout creation, no matter how far they are from us, by this exciting means. Wonderful is it not?

Therefore, there is no such thing as separation, loneliness, tears, sorrow, and sickness and finally, there is the victory over death itself. Just think of where you want to go or who you want to be with and you are there. The use of the terms telepathy and teleportation are not really correct but the nearest words ii can find. 

In reality, there is no such thing as remoteness or distant just billions of portals, doorways into parallel existences. With otherworldly eyes, these doorways can be seen and we learn how to use them, like some huge underground railroad system.

From heaven, we are able to hear in our minds the sorrow of loved ones still on earth who can not come to terms or understand or sometimes unexpected death.

So” if we want to” one can make an effort to contact our loved ones still on earth by entering their dreams, thoughts, making them sense our presence, in various ways such as a flower, feather, smell or, even fragrances. 

That, hopefully, make them aware, although feeling that we are far away, in reality, we are just a hand stretch away.

There are specially gifted people on earth that can pick up our thoughts thought from the heavenly planes and relay them to the grieving relatives or friends. 

When we are in heaven we can also make people on earth meet each other so any urgent message from heaven is given to the correct person. This might seem just a coincidence at the time, but this link is arranged from the heavenly realms

Would all humanity no matter how depraved and evil in life on death go to these higher beautiful heavily planes immediately after their demise? No, absolutely not! Even in heaven, there is conditions and accountability.

If this was what happens in heaven one would be constantly bombarded by evil thoughts (as the means of communication was telepathy) and heaven would become a most un-heavenly place. So it is logical and obvious that God cannot permit this to happen.

Yes, evil monstrous beings such as Hitler and his type are cast into outer darkness, as the darkness of true evil can never ever penetrate the light of God.

The book of life, which is contained as memories in the temporal lobe of our brain, are played off, like a video recording of death before God. This is called the life review by near death experiences. Imagine the life review of a person like Hitler?

Are there similar experiences or pleasures exist in the spiritual realm as we do with our mortal bodies while on earth such as good food, mortal love touch, taste, smell, sight, sex, would this all be lost when we took on ethereal or spiritual bodies? What about our friends, family, lovers, soul mates, travel, homes etc., etc., etc. what about boundaries of conduct was anything forbidden if sin was abolished??

The reply came in a revelation that because there would no longer be evil or sin in the heavenly realms, as we progress, learn and become wiser, we are given increasing free will until at the highest vibratory level of purest perfection we are given absolute free will and everything becomes permissible. 

Carnality does not exist but a similar soul pleasures ruled by altruist love is wonderfully experienced. Then we will be able to experience anything we desire such as controlled ecstasy, bliss, and sublime joy, by mingling in love, merging completely into a cosmic mind to enjoy and relish eternal life with God and all other beings of composite white light.

Everything there is much much more intense, sustained and beautiful complete and wonderful than anything we could remotely like to on the earthly plane. It is indeed very very exciting! Totally beyond what I had imagined. Grass, trees, flowers, plants are not subject to death and everything is made out of this translucent light. 

All living things are not biological but made out of inexhaustible indestructible energy.

Here time as we know it did not exist, one could rest for a moment or for a thousand years, or coexist in multiple moments at the same time, past, present and future, all existing somehow like a great multi-dimensional movie, all the frames unraveled into which one could jump from frame to frame, in and out of at will. 

Distance is meaningless as billions of higher or lower realms or planes were only separated by thin veil vortex or port into another reality. Each new dimension was another new universe.

As wave after wave of revelation swept through my whole being the wonder and joy of it all was almost too much for me to comprehend. 

I knew the will of God for existing was to ever progress upwards through many dimensions (heavens) towards the light of the ultimate absolute reality (which is God) while always retaining our blessed uniqueness. 

We would then still be ourselves but also have access to the infinite knowledge power and presence of the Creator God as we finally withdraw once again into ourselves. It is a matter of progression or regression and this depends on each soul.

I heard the soft voice (God) speaking directly into my mind some of the deepest mysteries of existence and creation. 

Much to my disappointment, I could only recall a little, but what I recall I have included in this document. As the years have passed I have slowly remembered more and more, but of course, there are simply revelations so profound that my human brain could never contain them.

There are angels great and less great, they are beings of light that inhabit all of Gods creation. Just like earthly people, they have different characters and each is assigned a task. Sometimes they come to gather in a huge crown of glowing billions, singing the praises of God in a heavenly chorus of unimaginable beauty. Their songs of joy and peace reverberate out into the universe giving life and love where it is needed.

Each person of good character has their own guardian angel, which most of us are not aware of. They are the messengers to humanity bringing word of encouragement as well as warning when necessary.

If you want to know the name of your angel clear your mind, and then ask your angel, what is your name? The very first name that popped into your mind is the name of your angel. 

Think about events in your life when you were helped by some stranger, who appeared as a normal person, this could have been your angel helping you. 

Intuitions to go somewhere or not go somewhere, unease about something are often strong prompting from your angels.

There might at times be as many angels walking on earth as there are people. Angels can take on any form, if your idea of an angel is a huge majestic being with great wings, your angel might manifest himself/herself to you like that. 

Angels do not really have gender like humans but can take on gender when necessary.

Some of the future events coming to planet earth were revealed and shown to me. 

Humanity would have to migrate from planet earth into the universe, as the earth’s resources were finite. No nuclear holocaust would obliterate earth and the greatest threat was the population explosion. 

In addition, the future was not set in stone and the divisions taken by a person or a nation could alter the outcome of the future.

The highest attribute any person can have is wisdom and the wisdom to do things wisely. Graceful love must abound the joyful realities of multiple heavenly glories.

There is a time coming when God will intervene in the affairs of humanity and the great monotheistic religions have a belief about this that borders on the truth of what is going to happen. Deep down we all know humans cannot continue much longer on the path of destruction it now follows

The future only needs one good person to make a colossal difference towards the ultimate good of humanity. The reverse is unfortunately also the case and this might be the explanation for the enigma for the existence of evil. 

Although our heritage is very important to us all it is much more important to leave a positive legacy.

The loss of moral absolutes was sadness to the divine and the restoration of these was of paramount importance if humankind was to escape extinction. 

All persons should know they will ultimately have to account to the divine for what they have done while on their journey of life, as mere mortal beings while on planet earth. In the end, however, good will prevail in the universe and evil banished into outer darkness forever.

The mystery of evil was an inscrutable mystery beyond the understanding of any person. All things process or regress, in cycles of spiritual learning and metamorphosis towards the light.

The universe is not infinite or eternal; it is a creation of God the work of the sublime intellect beyond human comprehension. It had a beginning and it will have and end

Our physical earthly realm is a bleak shadow when compared even to the least beautiful heavens.

But our physical earthly reality is unimaginably beautiful when compared to some cold dark planes 

These entities residing in these lower realms have their free will be restricted to a greater and greater degree as one descend into the abysmal dark of the lowest realm, which we call hell.

At these lower dimensions time moves slower and increasingly slower the lower the realm, indeed time is the enemy there and each moment is stretched out. At the lowest in the abysmal thick cold, I could feel an entity of horrifying evil, this being seemed to consist of black tar. Whatever it was it was not of human origin.

The words of my childhood “Look upon a falling star and make a wish came into my mind, and in the ethereal realms this is factual, but there is no need to wait for a star to fall, wish what you want or think carefully and you create it with your mind. Want to go somewhere or see someone, wish for it and you are there with them.

Everything lives at a much greater level I saw my beloved dog bully and wept when I held him, smelled his doggy smell and felt his love for me as I filled him with my love, at last, I knew what his little beautiful soul and mind was saying and we communed in joyful wonder.

Each person will be accountable for what was done by them done while on earth. 

We all, unlike Hitler, have some light and goodness within us and this will enable us to perpetuate the light of God. One candle dispels the darkness. Anyone reading this testimony will definitely not be going into outer darkness but will inherit the kingdom of God.

The spirits of all animals will return to God from whence they had come God loves them dearly. The abuse of children will face the full wrath of God and it would be better for this type of person to have never been born.

In my earthly life, I have plunged the depths of darkness’, despair desolation and for anyone to tell me there is a hell worse than this was a great offense to me. But now I knew the consequences and the accountability of life and there were alternate dark realms so terrible that the Christian hell was a kiddies teddies bears picnic by comparison. I saw beings so black, so dark, so cold so evil, so depraved and hideous dwelling in this horror. 

They were not of human origin, but monstrous beasts of unspeakable evil from elsewhere in the universe and their names were the “Dark Ones” They consisted of Black Light and are the enemies of God and they strive to smother the warm light of God, with their black light of cold. They drain off life into themselves and can only continue to exist by doing this.

I saw the horror of this on a planet, a village much like a village on earth, the village was lit up and a little girl looked at me with sad eyes and I saw the life drain out of her and her eyes slowly dimming until the death of cold overtook her. 

This is the battle for our universe our universe of Light and Dark. Look out at the night sky, what do you see? A sky mostly dark with some light in this potentially infinite dark?

The universe is populated with the children of light the children of God and the dark ones the rebellious.

Is there a hell yes hell is separation from God and there are dimensions so horrifying that the Christian concept of hell is a holiday picnic by comparison, would the occupants remain there forever, I do not know, maybe God would be kind enough to annihilate the souls of the unredeemable reprobate depraved

During one of my visions of the night, I was transported to a colossal cavern somewhere deep in the earth and saw countless souls just waiting in a place that seemed to me to be lit by a dim red light. Was this, limbo or something else? I do not know. Perhaps this is the place the evil dead go to wait for the final Day of Judgment by God?

While one is in the void of gray they can still seek the light and escape, but if they have become so depraved in life like Hitler had I think they descend in black darkness and must remain in this terrible place of fear, desolation, and horror, of their own making forever.

Therefore, they are not really judged by God but convict "themselves" by refusing to adhere to the moral absolutes of God. God puts no one in hell they put themselves there by refusing to listen to his holy voice while in life.

It is awesome to think that the dimension discussed in this testimony is only the first of many that the spirit has to travel before finally merging and submerging with the infinite Almighty. 

We would then have the unbelievable of direct access to the infinite mind of God (Jacobs Ladder).
Indeed the creation of our glorious universe was an intelligent act of omnificent unimaginable indescribable beauty.

In the soft quiet of the night I contemplated on all I has seen, all I had heard, all the knowledge I had received, the beautiful love and light, the dark, ugly and hateful. I tried to express to find one word that could express the greatness of existence the greatness of creation and finally the wonder that is Almighty God

One word slowly filled my mind simply put but deeply pondered I could only express that inconceivable existence is beyond

“ENORMITY”

Alan
Alan McDougall
Banned User

Postby mitchellmckain on June 19th, 2017, 3:56 pm 

Here is an addition to my list from Scott Peck...

4. Someone who has passed through institutional and skeptical stages of spirituality to see something of value in a spiritual way of looking at reality despite the problems and flaws in institutions claiming to do this.

Wikipedia on Scott Peck wrote:Peck postulates that there are four stages of human spiritual development:

Stage I is chaotic, disordered, and reckless. Very young children are in Stage I. They tend to defy and disobey, and are unwilling to accept a will greater than their own. They are extremely egoistic and lack empathy for others. Many criminals are people who have never grown out of Stage I.
Stage II is the stage at which a person has blind faith in authority figures and sees the world as divided simply into good and evil, right and wrong, us and them. Once children learn to obey their parents and other authority figures, often out of fear or shame, they reach Stage II. Many so-called religious people are essentially Stage II people, in the sense that they have blind faith in God, and do not question His existence. With blind faith comes humility and a willingness to obey and serve. The majority of good, law-abiding citizens never move out of Stage II.
Stage III is the stage of scientific skepticism and questioning. A Stage III person does not accept things on faith but only accepts them if convinced logically. Many people working in scientific and technological research are in Stage III. They often reject the existence of spiritual or supernatural forces since these are difficult to measure or prove scientifically. Those who do retain their spiritual beliefs, move away from the simple, official doctrines of fundamentalism.
Stage IV is the stage where an individual starts enjoying the mystery and beauty of nature and existence. While retaining skepticism, he starts perceiving grand patterns in nature and develops a deeper understanding of good and evil, forgiveness and mercy, compassion and love. His religiousness and spirituality differ significantly from that of a Stage II person, in the sense that he does not accept things through blind faith or out of fear, but does so because of genuine belief, and he does not judge people harshly or seek to inflict punishment on them for their transgressions. This is the stage of loving others as yourself, losing your attachment to your ego, and forgiving your enemies. Stage IV people are labeled as Mystics.

I fit this fourth definition of "mystic" very well indeed.

RoccoR » June 18th, 2017, 7:47 pm wrote:I can see, with just these few responses, that there is a big confusion as to the "very basic" of what a "Mystic" is; and the fundamentals of "Mysticism."

"Mystic" and "Mysticism" are words, and words have a long history of being used in a great variety of ways. In some cases there is a broad consensus in the use of words and sometimes there is not. In the case of these particular words, there is not. But if you want to get authoritarian on the meaning of words then the book to go to is called a dictionary. So let's see what definitions we can find in such sources.

Dictionary.com wrote:noun
a person who claims to attain, or believes in the possibility of attaining, insight into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, as by direct communication with the divine or immediate intuition in a state of spiritual ecstasy.
a person initiated into religious mysteries.

Merriam Webster wrote:mystic
noun mys·tic
Definition of mystic
: a follower of a mystical way of life
: an advocate of a theory of mysticism

From these and the discussion between Alan and rocco, it is clear that we are seeing different "theories of mysticism," different ideas of what is a "mystical way of life," different "mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge," i.e. different religious/philosophical (i.e. a subjective way of looking at reality regardless of what you may call it) "mysteries." Regardless I must say it all seems rather pretentious to me.

RoccoR » June 18th, 2017, 7:47 pm wrote:

This is clearly according to a particular belief system AND a particular definition of atheism.

One very common definition of atheism is not having a belief in any god(s). Now I reject any attempt by such a definition to include people (like infants) who have not even considered the question as if people are atheists by default. But in so far as we are talking about people who have considered the question and see no reason to believe in the existence of such thing(s) as god(s) then this is a definition which includes many Buddhists and which therefore includes many people who easily fit the definition of "mystic" according to the dictionaries.
mitchellmckain

RoccoR liked this post

Postby mitchellmckain on June 19th, 2017, 4:12 pm 

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:[color=#4000BF]Seeing we are discussing the mystical realms this is heaven to me?

Ok... while we are talking about visions of such things, here is an excerpt from my second book.

This time, it was not a waking up experience, but as if Lisa were coming together out of mist or nothingness into solid form. A vague feeling of existence slowly coalesced into 5 senses reporting place, time, light, and events. When the process was done, she laughed. Before her was a classic stereotype of harp sounds floating over clouds with castles and people drifting here and there with wings.
At least, memory and venue now agreed in the acknowledgment of the fact she was dead or "passed on" as the proper term might be since this wasn't the nothingness she had most often associated with death before.
Lisa looked behind her to see she had no wings, and taking a second look at the people around her, realized many others were wingless too. She wondered if it was an upgrade you had to work for. She walked forward and although it looked like a fluffy cloud, it felt like walking on a flat solid surface. Looking closer and trying to brush the clouds aside didn't help, so wherever this place was, either these were not really clouds or they didn't interact according to the same rules.
When she came near two women talking to each other, she approached them slowly, intending to see if they could answer some questions.
"Can you understand why he is here, and with wings too?" asked the tall short-haired blonde. "I am sure he never believed a single thing. I didn't see him in church." They were watching a man who appeared to be dancing in the air with a group of butterflies.
"Hmmm... what I don't get is, where is the choir?" asked the curly black-haired woman. "After all my practicing, I should have a chance to show these people what a beautiful voice I have."
When Lisa arrived in front of them, she was surprised to see they had young faces, for the way they talked reminded her of old women somehow.
"Well, what do you want?" asked the blonde, looking at Lisa. "I don't suppose you are a proper Christian either."
Now it had come to it, Lisa couldn't think of what to ask them. They seemed kind of clueless anyway. She thought maybe it would be better to ask one of the winged people if they were higher up in the order of things, as seemed to be the case. But as she glanced around, it didn't look like those with wings took any notice of those confined to walking.
"Have you been here long?" Lisa finally asked.
"What does that have to do with anything?" the blonde answered with a question.
"I don't know much of anything about this place," Lisa replied.
"Thought as much," she answered with a scowl. "I expect there will be a judgment soon and the ignorant will be carted away to where they belong."
"Hush now, Amelia, that isn't very polite," rebuked the other. "You are a cute little thing, child. I am Charity. What is your name? Do you sing?"
Lisa smiled, "No but I can play a harp."
"Hmph... I'll bet you think that makes you belong here," said Amelia.
Charity frowned at the woman in irritation before turning to Lisa to say, "Perhaps you should follow the harp music and offer your help. If you don't mind, I would really appreciate if you can ask out about a choir for me."
Lisa couldn't really tell what direction the harp music was coming from, so she continued in the same direction, hoping to find a clue about what she was supposed to do in this place. The next person she approached was a man scratching at bumps on the back of his shoulders.
"So people acquire wings," Lisa observed. "Do you know how or why it happens?"
The man peered down at her for a while, considering whether to speak to her. "When you are ready to ascend to a higher realm then the wings will grow." He then turned his back on her and refused to notice her presence anymore, so Lisa continued onward.
After a half dozen encounters, Lisa began to see a pattern in the behavior of people in this place. Everyone was very self-absorbed. She also passed large circular dark holes in the clouds which looked rather ominous, so she stayed away from them. It was near one of these she found someone who didn't look happy at all. The woman or girl (it was very hard to judge anyone's age in this place) stood when Lisa approached and wiped the tears from her eyes.
Lisa then realized what it was she wanted to ask people. "Excuse me, can you tell me if there is a way to find a person in this place?"
"If the person is here then simply think of them while you walk and you will find them in only few steps," she explained. "If this does not work, then it means they are not up here but down there." She pointed to the hole in the clouds near them with obvious terror. "My beloved is not here," she sobbed, "but I do not want to go down there."
"Thank you," Lisa said looking away from her. "Thank you very much." Then she tried what the woman told her and walked while thinking of Thad, but he did not appear. She thought of the blond woman, Amelia, and when she walked forward, it worked. There she was. Before the woman could say something nasty, Lisa turned around and thinking of the crying woman walked away. Lisa stopped before the woman, accepting she had told Lisa the truth and grasping the fact, Thad was not here.
Lisa walked towards the dark hole in the clouds and the closer she came the more frightening it was. It was not only dark, but heat flowed from it with obvious implications of where these holes led. She took one more look around the place of clouds, and seeing nothing for her there, turned and walked off the edge into darkness.
mitchellmckain

Postby nameless on June 19th, 2017, 4:32 pm 

Alan McDougall » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 am wrote:
Can we stay focused?

Yes, you obviously are missing something, Einstein believed that you can have a fascination for the mystical in life as well as being a serious scientist.

I am focused and don't insult me like that

A) He never mentioned mystical in his quote.
B) I don't see how his poesy refuted anything that I offered. When I said about focused, i meant to explicitly include what I wrote with which you disagree, or don't understand, and demonstrate, specifically, how your proposed quote says anything relevant! Perhaps I missed something, but you have not done anything to clarify.
C) 'Insult' exists in the thoughts/ego of the beholder.
nameless
Banned User

Postby nameless on June 19th, 2017, 6:44 pm 

RoccoR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 am wrote:Mystics cannot form a relationship with an entity they believe does not exist.

Mystics CAN practice and succeed with no 'beliefs' at all! That is irrefutable.
nameless
Banned User

Postby RoccoR on June 19th, 2017, 7:46 pm 

※→ nameless, et al,

No, that is not what I said.

nameless » June 19th, 2017, 6:44 pm wrote:
RoccoR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 am wrote:Mystics cannot form a relationship with an entity they believe does not exist.

Mystics CAN practice and succeed with no 'beliefs' at all! That is irrefutable.

(COMMENT)

A Mystic believes in the Supreme Being and Ultimate Cosmic Creator; a Mystics must believe in the SB UCC.
A Mystic wants to establish a relationship through introspection and meditation, in conjunction with some sort of purification (unique to the Mystic).

An Atheist does not believe in a SB UCC.
THEREFORE: An Atheist CAN NOT be a Mystic. An Atheist may be many things, but it is not a Mystic because all Mystics believe in the SB UCC.

You may assume what you want. but in order to for a relationship with the SB UCC, you first must acknowledge the existence of a SB UCC.

Most Respectfully,
R
RoccoR

Postby nameless on June 19th, 2017, 8:20 pm 

RoccoR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:46 pm wrote:You may assume what you want. but in order to for a relationship with the SB UCC, you first must acknowledge the existence of a SB UCC.

Tentatively acknowledging something is completely different than 'belief'. Science works fine on tentative theories, that is honest intellect. 'Beliefs' are emotion powered, not logic/rationality, beliefs are of the ego, when a belief feels threatened, it produces symptomatic behavior, not a rational argument.
nameless
Banned User

Postby mitchellmckain on June 20th, 2017, 1:24 pm 

To summarize we have the following uses of the words "mystic" and "mysticism."

1. For theists, "mysticism" has mostly been about seeking a oneness with God.

2. For one strain of philosophical thought, "mysticism" was about transcending the limitations of rationalism.

3. For William James and many psychologists, "mysticism" was about the types of experiences which inspire religious patterns of behavior.

4. According to Scott Peck, a mystic is someone who has passed through institutional and skeptical stages of spirituality to see something of value in a spiritual way of looking at reality despite the many problems and flaws in institutions claiming to do this. He does not accept things through blind faith or out of fear, but has a place for faith in a highly rational way of looking at reality and human existence. But this is not a basis for judgement because he accepts this is only one way of looking at things out of many.

5. Dictionary: a person who claims to attain, or believes in the possibility of attaining, insight into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, as by direct communication with the divine or immediate intuition in a state of spiritual ecstasy.

6. Dictionary: a person initiated into religious mysteries or who follows a mystical way of life

7. Dictionary: an advocate of a theory of mysticism

Note: The last three dictionary definitions cover a variety of different theories of mysticism, different insights into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, different mystical ways of life, and the mysteries of different religions including atheistic religions like Buddhism.
mitchellmckain

RoccoR liked this post

Postby mitchellmckain on July 18th, 2017, 4:37 pm 

Sorry. I will attribute no authority to your vision or accept its dictates as representing anything more than your own limited understanding of things.

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:[color=#4000BF]
“Death was not the natural intended order of Gods creation” and this mystery of life, death, and evil remains a mystery. The crucial plan of the universe was for the good of all that dwelt within its brilliant unimaginable beautiful wonderful and vast golden glorious borders.

Death most certainly is a part of the natural order. It is a necessary part of the process by which life develops. You might as well say that pain no has place in the natural order and imagine that the intended order of God's creation is one in which there are no difficulties and challenges, and thus no growth and learning. Such an effort to remove all unpleasantness in order to recast God in the image of a namby pamby epitome of niceness can only result in an existence devoid of meaning and value.

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:The concept of time vanished and I seem to exist in an everlasting moment. 

I utterly reject such nonsense. Temporal ordering is a natural logical component for all thinking beings. To be sure we learn from science that there is nothing absolute or universal about time. But I think it is foolish to equate being beyond or outside the physical measures of time and space to mean a complete absense of any sort of space or time at all. Is it not perfectly natural for a mind to create a temporal or spatial ordering of its own even if it is disconnected from the physical versions like we do in dreams?

To imagine an existence without time is like stomping existence flat into something too small for intelligent conscious being to exist and thus not something you would do when reaching for comprehension of something transcendent. Thus instead, I imagine an existence where there is no confinement to a universal temporal ordering but full of independent measures time which can be made to coincide at a "meeting of minds."

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:The physical universe is indeed a most precious jewel in the mind of God.

I believe so, but not for the reason you imagine. The defining characteristic of the physical universe is a set of mathematical natural laws by the universe operates automatically by itself. It has often been compared to a clockwork. And what is the reason for creating such a thing? To have something which runs by itself, is it not? And that is the reason I see for God creating the physical universe -- to create something which exists and operates on its own by its own rules rather than a dream world which simply goes according to ones own whim as an utterly dependent part of oneself. The rules were made complex enough to support self-organizing processes including even life which grows and makes it own choices in learning and development and thus organisms creating themselves and choosing their own lives and natures for themselves. Thus, in the simplest of terms, the purpose of the universe is free will. So instead of being this magical explainable substance added to things, free will becomes a matter of designing an creating the conditions where such a thing can exist.

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:Every living thing is important to God, not only human souls are loved by God. God also loves animals and their souls return to him when they die. We sang there all together in perfect harmony the creation song of Gods existence and eternal mystery. 

Indeed.

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:Plants are living things and have great group mind and souls as do the fishes of the sea and plankton. The great whales have highly advanced minds and souls and they are also beings that God blessed when he created our earth. 

I would use very different words. Consciousness and feeling are universal aspects of the living process. But the mind is something quite different tied to the abstract capable language of human beings. The evidence simply does not support the idea that plants and animals have any such thing. But is a spiritual existence tied to the mind or to life itself? I believe that the mind is just another form of life in a different medium. Thus, I reject the trend of western though which sometimes practically identifies the spirit or soul with the mind and assert the latter that spirit is something created by all life. The life of the mind may represent life on a much more intense scale than other organisms but I think it is the same essential process and thus acquires a spiritual aspect to existence in much the same way as other forms of life.

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:There is a pet heaven, where all or beloved pets frolic joyfully, just waiting for us to join them. The little minds and souls do not comprehend all our thoughts, but we can communicate with telepathy, just like we will do with other human souls in heaven.

I would suggests that not only to all living organisms have an eternal spiritual nature but that pets in particular have a capacity and tendency to inherit some of aspects of our mental life through association with us. By this they can even be said to become human to some degree. I imagine that one day, machine intelligence might follow the same pattern like in the film AI by Stephen Spielberg.

Alan McDougall » June 19th, 2017, 11:56 am wrote:How my soul delighted then and how reluctant I was to return to the bleak mundane existence of my earthly life. Reflecting back on my early life I wondered how many moments or days on earth in my mortal body had to be truly happy. We never experience the joy of this any happiness, while on earth with mortal bodies.

Why can't you use this imagination of yours to make your earthly life less bleak and mundane? Either as a participant or a creator, our imagination can far transcend the limits of everyday life in books, films and games. This too is a part of what life has to offer does it not?

phew.... this really does go on an on, and I need to do other things...
mitchellmckain

Postby mitchellmckain on July 19th, 2017, 6:21 pm 

This is the kind of typo which I really really hate!
mitchellmckain » July 18th, 2017, 3:37 pm wrote:I believe so, but not for the reason you imagine. The defining characteristic of the physical universe is a set of mathematical natural laws by the universe operates automatically by itself. It has often been compared to a clockwork. And what is the reason for creating such a thing? To have something which runs by itself, is it not? And that is the reason I see for God creating the physical universe -- to create something which exists and operates on its own by its own rules rather than a dream world which simply goes according to ones own whim as an utterly dependent part of oneself. The rules were made complex enough to support self-organizing processes including even life which grows and makes it own choices in learning and development and thus organisms creating themselves and choosing their own lives and natures for themselves. Thus, in the simplest of terms, the purpose of the universe is free will. So instead of being this magical UNEXPLAINABLE substance added to things, free will becomes a matter of designing an creating the conditions where such a thing can exist.

mitchellmckain » July 18th, 2017, 3:37 pm wrote:I would suggests that not only DO all living organisms have an eternal spiritual nature but that pets in particular have a capacity and tendency to inherit some of aspects of our mental life through association with us. By this they can even be said to become human to some degree. I imagine that one day, machine intelligence might follow the same pattern like in the film "AI" by Stephen Spielberg.
mitchellmckain

Return to Metaphysics & Epistemology