Place to go for something akin to a paper

Discussions on the nature of being, existence, reality and knowledge. What is? How do we know?

Place to go for something akin to a paper

Postby gentric on November 14th, 2018, 8:06 pm 

I have what is close to a 10 page paper of a philosophical idea in epistemology. Here doesn't seem appropriate. Anyone know where someone like myself could go?
gentric
Forum Neophyte

Re: Place to go for something akin to a paper

Postby -1- on November 14th, 2018, 10:25 pm 

You are asking a leading question. (Smile.)

But seriously, it is very hard for laymen to publish academic material. The market is oversaturated, and laymen have no clout. Socrates would have been turned down by every major publisher of books or journals, and Spinoza would have been served as Spinach Recipe.

Seriously, your best bet is to put the search term "academic publishers amateur papers" on google and hope for the best.

I also know that there are tons of competitions out there, for fiction mainly, but also for nonfiction such as philosophy. The problem with those is that they demand a high entry fee, and they are rigged. It's usually the publisher himself who advertises a competition who wins it under a different name. Then under the different name he boasts on his resumee that he won some literary competition.

Anyhoo, good luck to you and your paper, and don't ask for whom the bell tolls because they will tell you where to go.
-1-

Postby gentric on November 18th, 2018, 5:17 pm 

Thank you. I figured as much, but wondered if I was missing a resource somewhere. No leading question intended!
gentric
Forum Neophyte

Postby BadgerJelly on November 18th, 2018, 10:19 pm 

Post some of it here or go to a site that offers help/critique of non-fiction writing.

If you want people to read it post it somewhere - bit part or otherwise.

Another option would be to go to your local university and pester a professor, send emails to professors, send to journals (and or find people who work for those journals and press your case.)

GL
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Return to Metaphysics & Epistemology