NAZI writings other than Mein Kampf

This is a forum for discussing philosophical theories of government and social structure. It is not a venue for partisan rants or plugging favored candidates.

NAZI writings other than Mein Kampf

Postby hyksos on August 14th, 2018, 8:04 pm 

Does anyone know any writings , articles, or books authored by NAZI party high-brass that talk about race?

High-brass NAZIs must have written something about race , or given speeches that were soaked in racism. The reason I'm looking for this, is that I want to find direct parallels between what actual German NAZIs said about race and ethnic makeup of the German Homeland, versus what republicans are saying and writing today.

The Republicans I'm thinking of are Laura Ingraham, Steve King, and Steve West. If you are out-of-the-loop on these people, here some links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Ingraham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_King

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/08/13/mi ... ler-right/
hyksos

Re: NAZI writings other than Mein Kampf

Postby Braininvat on August 14th, 2018, 10:22 pm 

Methinks a Google search that uses your exact thread title would be fruitful. And yes, offer some instructive parallels to the current stirrings of white nationalists.

I am sorry poor Laura finds all those brown people so scary. It is gosh darn scary when immigrants arrive, show a strong work ethic and drive to succeed, have lower crime rates than native born, and generally embrace our ideals passionately. Just like my scary immigrant grandparents. And my grandparents also encouraged other relatives to come over, what has now been vilified as "chain migration, " whose dreadful consequences - family stability, better academic success, even lower rates of crime and mental illness, economic prosperity - are well-documented. Yes, if I were a vicious and stupid twit like Ms. Ingraham I would feel pretty threatened.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Watson liked this post

Postby wolfhnd on August 15th, 2018, 12:10 am 

The obsession with Nazis of late obscures the political landscape in which at least numerically communists pose a more existential threat.

It is easy to fall into the trap of only seeing the rhetoric and not the consequences. Condemning orderliness because the Nazis applied it to racial purity is bound to be counterproductive. Conservatives like neat boxes they can put things in and that includes borders and conceptual boxes. That the tendency towards order can lead to tyranny and racism is unfortunate. That does not mean that a nationalist who wants to restrict immigration should be equivocated with those who desire genocide.

Because Nazism is transparently undesirable and has been rejected by the vast percentage of conservatives it seems that reading the Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn would be more profitable than reading Nazi "literature". One ideology has obvious consequences and the other requires a more careful examination
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby hyksos on August 15th, 2018, 9:27 am 

wolfhnd this is not happening in isolation.

(To be fair) among the 3 names mentioned (Ingraham, King, West) Ingraham is he most easily dismissed. She is on TV because she is visually attractive, well-spoken TV anchor. The two Steves, King and West , cannot be ignored. Steve King has been voted back into office over and over again in Iowa. Steve West recently won a primary in his district.

Steve King has gone on rants about those damned "subgroups" of people who don't "contribute to civilization". This is what he says on national television in front of cameras. One can only guess what Steve King says in private about those "subgroups" (his actual verbiage I might add).

Steve West is far worse. He is practically a mouthpiece for the Daily Stormer. On his radio show he details about how "Hitler was correct about what the Jews were doing in Germany in the 1920s".

We don't have to make loose analogical connections. We are at a stage of American political discourse where the conversants are openly and publicly avowing to their comradery towards the Third Reich in Germany.

We could bury our heads in sand and say "Well they are not in the mainstream and they are outside of politics." No. THey are winning primaries in voting districts.
hyksos

Braininvat liked this post

Postby Braininvat on August 15th, 2018, 9:41 am 

Nice to see another "woke" person. White Nationalism is having a resurgence, and there is no good that comes from pretending they are inconsequential. As Twain said, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes." Anyway, let's try to offer paths to answering the OP question regarding Nazi writings. Was Nietzsche an influence on Hitler and his cadre? You often hear that.

Trump himself has trafficked in anti-Semitic caricatures, including the tweeting of a six-pointed star alongside a pile of cash. He has also been reluctant to condemn anti-Semitic attacks on journalists from his supporters, and he echoed neo-Nazi conspiracy theories by saying that Hillary Clinton “meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special interest friends and her donors.”
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby hyksos on August 15th, 2018, 3:06 pm 

Alfred Rosenberg is clearly the one-stop shop for Extra-Mein Kampf materials.

While he wrote many books, I must be honest -- it is nearly impossible to find any of these books translated into English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Rosenberg

Stop number 2 is the antisemitic newsletter called Völkischer Beobachter. This thing is simply not available on the internet at all. You would have to find copies of it on microfiche -- and then they would be in German.
hyksos

Postby toucana on August 25th, 2018, 8:31 am 

You can find one of Alfred Rosenberg's most influential books on Nazi racial theory online as an English PDF.

https://archive.org/details/TheMythOfThe20thCentury

It was originally published in German in 1930 under the title of Der Mythus des 20. Jahrhundert (The Myth Of The 20th Century).

You might also want to look up Hitler's unpublished Zweites Buch, which was written in 1928 as the intended follow-up to Mein Kampf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweites_Buch

Hitler's publisher declined to print it because the initial sales of Mein Kampf had been so disappointing. The manuscript remained unpublished in Hitler's lifetime. A pirate version appeared in English in 1962, and a formal translation appeared in 2003. An online English version is available here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100613091247/http://www.jrbooksonline.com:80/PDF_Books/ZweitesBuch_wch7.pdf

Finally, I would strongly recommend a slim book published by Penguin in 2003 called The Villa The Lake The Meeting - Wannsee And The Final Solution, by Mark Roseman (ISBN 0-14-100395-2).

This a brilliant jewel of a book that re-analyses the notorious Wannsee meeting chaired by Reinhard Heydrich in January 1942. The memorandum of that meeting written by Adolf Eichmann, and known as the 'Wannsee Protocol', is seen as the Rosetta Stone of the Holocaust. It is a document of pivotal importance in understanding what took place, and what type of mind-set allowed it to happen.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby hyksos on August 27th, 2018, 11:15 pm 

Yeah Yeah. I know all about the Myth of the 20th Century. It's really just some crazy halfcocked nonsense about Aryans emerging from a race of people on the lost continent of Atlantis. (I am not being facetious). It is all over the internet in english translation. I'd very much rather prefer to hear what Rosenburg wrote about the Jews.

The goal here is to find near-direct quotes between NAZIs and Republican senators and reps. Or TV anchors on FOx News be that as it may.
hyksos

Return to Political Theory