"You Are A Millionaire Funded By Billionaires"

This is a forum for discussing philosophical theories of government and social structure. It is not a venue for partisan rants or plugging favored candidates.

"You Are A Millionaire Funded By Billionaires"

Postby toucana on February 20th, 2019, 4:38 pm 

Bergman.png

Tucker Carlson, an anchorman from Fox News recently invited Dutch historian Rutger Bregman to tape an interview via a satellite link from Amsterdam which was originally scheduled to be broadcast on 11 February, but was never aired.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tucker-carlson-interview-rutger-bregman_n_5c6d9f66e4b0e37a1ed431d1

Rutger Bregman had recently galvanised the Davos World Economic Forum summit by confronting delegates with the fact they were flying private to talk about global warming, and then went on to suggest that tax avoidance was the largest major cause of economic inequality and injustice in the world.

It’s not entirely clear how Tucker Carlson thought this interview would pan out, but as a leaked mobile phone recording indicates, things quickly went off the rails when Rutger Bregman observed that Tucker Carlson was himself a millionaire who was directly funded by billionaires, specifically as a recipient of money from the right wing Cato institute which is funded by the Koch brother millionaires.

“So you’re probably not going to air this” observed Rutger Bregman urbanely, who added - “Have you ever heard of the internet?” when Tucker Carlson tried to argue that the Dutchman couldn’t possibly know what sort of material Fox News broadcast because the station didn’t broadcast in his area.
I went to to Davos to speak truth to power and I’m doing exactly the same thing right now. You might not like it, but you're a millionaire funded by billionaires, and that’s the reason why you are not talking about these issues”

What the Murdochs want you to do is bascially to scapegoat immigrants rather than talk about tax avoidance”

said Bregman , warming to his theme.

“I wanna say why don’t you go **** yourself because you.. tiny brained moron … I tried to give you a hearing, but you were too ****ing annoying” exploded Carlson.

The unseen footage of this interview can be found on the Twitter feed of NowThis

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1098282209834950657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1098283273120350211&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffpost.com%2Fentry%2Ftucker-carlson-interview-rutger-bregman_n_5c6d9f66e4b0e37a1ed431d1
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: "You Are A Millionaire Funded By Billionaires"

Postby edy420 on April 11th, 2019, 2:41 am 

Should Tucker be a middle class man, who likes to talk about increasing taxes? That doesn't make sense.

He's a millionaire, so what. He's achieved the American dream. Although I agree with the Dutchman, he should expect the same reaction from Tucker, even if he was wrong about the dirty money. He was unco-operative and wasn't entirely convincing with his perspective on historical economics.

Is he right about higher taxes making life better for the average American? Personally I'm all for less taxes..
edy420

Return to Political Theory