A Report Is Submitted

This is a forum for discussing philosophical theories of government and social structure. It is not a venue for partisan rants or plugging favored candidates.

Re: A Report Is Submitted

Postby davidm on April 3rd, 2019, 6:00 pm 

Lozza » April 2nd, 2019, 11:12 pm wrote:
Thank you for defending me, but it's okay, I have him on my ignore list. Btw, I'm a bloke.

I'm glad you have me on your (fake) ignore list. I despise serial liars like you. And no, that's not ad hom. it's a plain statement of fact.

Everyone will see how you failed to respond to a single point that I made in refutation of your nonsense.
davidm

Postby toucana on April 4th, 2019, 6:24 am 

To swing this back to what the OP was aimed at, for a moment :-

Can you just imagine what would have happened back in November 1964, if the newly appointed Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach had suddenly announced that he wasn't going to release the 888 page summary Warren Commission Report, nor any of the 26 volumes of supplementary evidence after all, and had told both Congress and the general public that they would just have to make do with a four page summary of his own devising ?

The similarities with William Barr are quite striking in some ways. Nicholas Katzenbach had only taken over as Acting AG in September 1964 after Robert Kennedy resigned the post, and he wasn't confirmed in post until January 1965.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby PaulN on April 11th, 2019, 1:07 pm 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... rgate.html

Barr seems to ignore the legal precedent for full unredacted release that he himself mentioned in his Senate testimony.
PaulN

Previous

Return to Political Theory