why Trump is President

This is a forum for discussing philosophical theories of government and social structure. It is not a venue for partisan rants or plugging favored candidates.

Re: The Feeling is Remarkably Mutual

Postby Serpent on November 1st, 2020, 4:34 pm 

Faradave » November 1st, 2020, 12:26 pm wrote:Honestly, I hear identical phrases from each. One likes PBS and feels Fox is crap, the other feels the 3 major networks are conspiring with big tech to lie to the public.

And that second notion doesn't raise any alarms for you? What's "big tech"? What are they lying to the public about? How is that conspiracy supposed to work? Don't you wonder where that conspiracy theory* originated? Or whom it benefits to spread that theory?

(P.S. I don't automatically dismiss conspiracy theories as crackpot: I know there are plenty of real and pernicious conspiracies in the world at any given moment. But I do question their sources!)
((P.P.S. Fox news is crap. Fact-check it.)
Serpent
Resident Member

Re: why Trump is President

Postby charon on November 2nd, 2020, 10:19 am 

Are we aware of this? Possibly one of the worst things he's ever done. There's no excuse for it.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/trump-has ... sd_topgrid
charon
Resident Member

TheVat liked this post

Postby Serpent on November 2nd, 2020, 11:16 am 

Good luck ranking the worst things Trump has done!
This is the sort of thing i mean most people don't know about, or don't understand the effects and consequences - especially those who get all their information from the nether end of the media spectrum.
Warning: don Covid mask before you enter
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-to-cut-red-tape-stalls-firing-of-ineffective-federal-workers
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby charon on November 2nd, 2020, 12:37 pm 

I believe Mary Trump has been warning that another 4 years will mean increasingly dangerous autocracy. She's been dismissed as a crank by many... which is probably an excellent sign.
charon
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on November 2nd, 2020, 1:28 pm 

Well, Trump just announced that he's preparing to "go in with the lawyers". That should be fun to watch! Ever been to a shark feeding frenzy?
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby toucana on November 3rd, 2020, 9:46 am 

Faradave wrote:
“When the dust settles, my neighbors are all still fine people that I'm happy to live with.

Back in 2016 I recall reading an interview with US musician and historian Ry Cooder who described a conversation he had with one of his new neighbours.

The guy insisted on showing him his survival bunker with its enormous arsenal of automatic weapons hung on wall-racks, and enough ammunition to start World War III.

“But what’s it all for ?” Ry Cooder asked him.

“Well, that’s for when the Zombie Apocalypse happens” replied his neighbour, with no trace of irony or comic intent.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)
Serpent liked this post

Previous

Return to Political Theory