Someone please help me understand Trump lingo

This is a forum for discussing philosophical theories of government and social structure. It is not a venue for partisan rants or plugging favored candidates.

Postby Dave_C on September 16th, 2020, 12:28 pm 

I won’t say this is the MOST ludicrous thing the orange racoon has ever said, god knows he’s got a million of them. The first I saw this was a week ago, and I thought it was one of those jokes; something you think might actually be said but is just put together for the sake of a laugh. Now I see it again, this time on FOX news, so I’m thinking, “this must be for real after all!”

In the conversation with "Fox & Friends," Trump was asked what challenges he believes a debate with the political veteran Biden might present, and Trump said he noticed an improvement by Biden between earlier debates in the Democratic presidential primary and the later debates between just he and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.

Trump then said "something was strange, in my opinion," and added, "you can't do that kind of stuff."

After brief pushback from the show's hosts, Trump said he believed Biden is taking something to give him "mental clarity" then said, "I think he should take a drug test." Host Brian Kilmeade later said he did not believe Biden was taking any performance-enhancing drugs.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... st-foolish

First, a performance-enhancing drug for mental clarity? Really? Is there such a thing??? He probably learned about it when getting his medical degree from Trump University...

Second, IFF there is such a thing, I’d like to have some please. I’d also like trumpy to have some. Perhaps he’d realize he’s actually the president of the US and not some banana republic. And finally, I’d like anyone who’s president to take it, including Biden, so they can put proverbial best foot forward.

I’m sure all of donny’s comments make sense to his supporters, so if there are any out there, please explain to me WTF this <adjective deleted by moderator> is thinking!
Dave_C

Re: Someone please help me understand Trump lingo

Postby charon on September 16th, 2020, 12:45 pm 

Sorry, Dave, some things are just not possible. But one day it'll all go away, like a miracle.
charon
Resident Member

Postby toucana on September 16th, 2020, 1:05 pm 

Donald Trump is a malignant narcissist who routinely projects his own faults onto others. When president Trump suggests that an electoral opponent might be using ‘performance enhancing drugs’, he is probably tacitly admitting that he himself is doing exactly what he attributes to the person he is attacking

For some time now, comedians such as Tom Arnold and Noel Castler who worked with Trump during his previous incarnation as a TV game-show host have claimed that Trump routinely used to snort crushed-up tablets of Adderall on the sets of NBC’s The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice.
Trump was a "speed freak" who "crushes up his Adderall and he sniffs it because he can't read, so he gets really nervous when he has to read cue cards."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-snorted-adderall-apprentice-tom-arnold-noel-casler-1257787

Adderall (aka Mydayis) is a combo drug containing four salts of amphetamine which produce a 3:1 ratio of dextroamphetamine and levoamphetamine (the two stereoisomers of amphetamine).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

The drug which is a stimulant is used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. It’s also used as an athletic performance enhancer, cognitive enhancer, appetite suppressant and aphrodisiac.

The larger dosages common in recreational abuse are addictive and can lead to psychosis (e.g. delusions and paranoia) over time according to medical literature.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)
Dave_Ccharon liked this post

Postby Dave_C on September 16th, 2020, 1:47 pm 

toucana » September 16th, 2020, 12:05 pm wrote:Donald Trump is a malignant narcissist who routinely projects his own faults onto others. When president Trump suggests that an electoral opponent might be using ‘performance enhancing drugs’, he is probably tacitly admitting that he himself is doing exactly what he attributes to the person he is attacking

That’s amazing! I can actually buy this one. I noticed this behavior in someone about 20 years ago. Someone I knew was doing exactly this, so when that person made accusations, I often found that person was actually guilty of those same accusations.

I noticed this in trump years ago as well, around the time he took office. So he’s only the second person I recognized this in, but it was clear he was projecting his own wrong-doings onto others. His non-profit is a great example. He wanted so bad to lock her up but in the end, it was the trump foundation that was taken down by authorities for corruption.
Dave_C

Postby Dave_C on September 16th, 2020, 1:48 pm 

charon » September 16th, 2020, 11:45 am wrote:

Sorry, Dave, some things are just not possible. But one day it'll all go away, like a miracle.

One can only hope... :)
Dave_C

Postby Serpent on September 16th, 2020, 1:51 pm 

Trumpspeak is relatively easy to translate.
The key is: he always accuses his opponent(s) of whatever bad things he himself has either done or intends to do.
Expect him to start demanding Biden's tax returns.
Serpent
Resident Member

Dave_ObladDave_C liked this post

Postby edy420 on September 18th, 2020, 6:25 am 

I think hes referring to the way Biden slurs his speech. Most likely trying to perpetuate Joe Rogan's opinion, that Joe Biden has early stages of dementia.

Theres many youtube montages of Biden slurring and forgetting what he was saying. But the problem with montages is they often take things out of context. Also, seeing all his mistakes in a row like that, makes it appear that Biden is fumbling his words all day every day. But when you watch a full speech, he just seems like an average guy his age, under the stress and pressure of running for president.

Whether its true or not doesn't matter. It would be a wise tactic, as his opposition, to point out any sign of weakness.
edy420

Postby TheVat on September 18th, 2020, 9:29 am 

Unless truth has value, and slandering a dedicated public servant is unethical and furthers the erosion of fair dealing in American life. That might not be so wise. And might backfire on the group using such tactics. As I recall, when they doctored video of House Speaker Pelosi a while back, there was a strong negative reaction from a majority of Americans.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby Dave_C on September 18th, 2020, 12:52 pm 

edy420 » September 18th, 2020, 5:25 am wrote:I think hes referring to the way Biden slurs his speech. Most likely trying to perpetuate Joe Rogan's opinion, that Joe Biden has early stages of dementia.

Theres many youtube montages of Biden slurring and forgetting what he was saying. But the problem with montages is they often take things out of context. Also, seeing all his mistakes in a row like that, makes it appear that Biden is fumbling his words all day every day. But when you watch a full speech, he just seems like an average guy his age, under the stress and pressure of running for president.

Whether its true or not doesn't matter. It would be a wise tactic, as his opposition, to point out any sign of weakness.

Hi edy, That's a good lead in. Biden has had stuttering issues his entire life. I suspect much, if not most of those issues people see have to do with stuttering. Donald of course, would like to capitalize on that so I'm sure his publicity team makes sure they don't make any mention of stuttering and try to use that issue against him.
https://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/joe-biden
https://niemanreports.org/articles/biden-stutter/
Dave_C

Postby Serpent on September 18th, 2020, 1:18 pm 

It's not exactly a secret.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/13-year-old-stutter-convention-joe-biden/index.html
Biden, who has said he still occasionally catches himself stuttering, showed Brayden a copy of the campaign speech he had just delivered in New Hampshire with markings showing where he could take breaks between words.

"He showed me how he marks his addresses to make them easier to say out loud. So I did the same thing today," Brayden said, flipping around the piece of paper he was reading to show the markings on his speech.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby toucana on September 18th, 2020, 5:01 pm 

Demosthenes (384 - 322 BC) who was widely regarded as one of the greatest political orators in history suffered from a speech impediment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demosthenes

According to the Greek biographer Plutarch, Demosthenes suffered from a speech impediment as a boy leading to:
A perplexed and indistinct utterance and a shortness of breath, which, by breaking and disjointing his sentences much obscured the sense and meaning of what he spoke..”

Modern scholars now suspect that Demosthenes actually suffered from Rhotacism, a tendency to confuse the sounds of the ρ (r) and λ (l) phonemes in Greek.

In Parallel Lives Plutarch explains how Demosthenes overcame this disability by speaking with pebbles in his mouth, and rehearsing in front of a mirror.

Demosthenes later came to be regarded by Quintillian and Cicero among others, as ”The perfect orator who lacked nothing”.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Return to Political Theory