Demographics of the 2020 election.

This is a forum for discussing philosophical theories of government and social structure. It is not a venue for partisan rants or plugging favored candidates.

Demographics of the 2020 election.

Postby hyksos on December 25th, 2020, 9:44 am 

In a post I made on this forum in October of 2019, I explained my theory as to why Donald Trump had won the 2016 election.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35643#p348022

I pointed out a demographic of white males in their 50s. I had marked them as the group that caused Hillary Clinton to lose. Those men remember the 1980s, because they were coming into the workforce at that time. Trump promised them a return to those glory days. In the words of Michael Moore, this promise was "music to their ears".

TrumpVoters.png

Today we have demographic breakdown data from the 2020 election. As you will see below, the data confirms my prediction. This shows that out of all age groups, Trump was strongest in the range 44 to 64 years. This is consistent with my Oct2019 prediction.

The graphs below show what would have happened in the 2020 presidential election if only people of the specified age voted.

///////////
///////////
///////////
///////////

However, the election of 2020 was won by president-elect Joe Biden. This leaves open a further, unrelated question. Namely, what was the typical Biden voter? What was this person's demographics? As it turns out, your typical Biden voter is a woman. She is under the age of 40, is single, and lives in an urban area.

hyksos

Serpent liked this post

Return to Political Theory