Paintings

All things related to Art! Poetry, painting, literature, visual, theater, movies, tv, music, media, culture, etc. Share your creativity or others', reviews, aesthetic theories, etc.

Re: Paintings

Postby Sivad on July 17th, 2017, 5:07 am 

Watson » July 16th, 2017, 3:58 pm wrote:I painted this when the cub was still in quarantine at the zoo, having just arrived with his brother, orphaned in the wild near Churchill Manitoba. I just heard on the news he passed away earlier today.
https://www.facebook.com/don.watson.art ... 4546528501

How many hours of training and development did you put in to be able to do this? One time I tried for 2 hrs. to draw the bookcase in my living room and I never got beyond crude shite. I guess I just want to know whether I'm retarded or just untrained and unpracticed?
Sivad

Postby Watson on July 17th, 2017, 8:51 am 

I don't think you can quantify it into hours of training. I would have quit that job years ago, after missing the first couple of pay cheques. It is more about feeding a passion and development happens naturally over many years. I suspect your passions lay elsewhere.
Watson
Resident Member

Location: Earth, middle of the top half, but only briefly each 24 hours.

Postby Watson on August 20th, 2017, 10:31 am 

There is a sculpture garden close by, when I visit the big city. The Leo Mol Garden has many works through out, and one is of two 'bear cubs at play'
I used the sculpture to model the painting of York and Elie.
Attachments
IMG_1566 (2).JPG
Watson
Resident Member

Postby Watson on September 15th, 2017, 1:34 pm 

These are the models at the Leo Mole Sculpture Garden that posed quietly during the sketching and painting sessions. Good of them to hold the pose.
IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

mother bear in the background.

See more of my work at https://twitter.com/DWiliamson
Attachments
IMG_1572.JPG
Watson
Resident Member

zetreque liked this post

Previous

Return to Art