Numerology-Science or Fiction?

General philosophy discussions. If you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here. Share favorite quotes, discuss philosophers, and other topics.

Re: Numerology-Science or Fiction?

Postby doogles on October 10th, 2015, 4:47 am 

Braininvat, LOL.

I took your query “doogles, are Leos in the southern hemisphere actually like Aquarii in the northern?” to the Dingbat Philosophical Society of outback Tasmania and they conducted an emergency meeting last night wherein 13 members were left to ponder the question as a side issue while the first item on the agenda was that the 13 should aim at imbibing three slabs of beer before discussing any issues of importance.

They happened to have 7 members of recent English origin and 6 of older Australian convict origin. After interminable hours of slurred speech and experimentation of the differences in walking a straight line, they concluded that drunks of recent English origin fall off the straight line to the right side while Australians of remote convict origin varied a bit – some actually walked the straight line somewhat crookedly, while others staggered off to the left side.

They concluded that Leos in the southern hemisphere were just as idiotic as Aquarii in the northern hemisphere if they believed in anything but the virtues of alcohol in solving problems. And it was registered in the incoherent minutes of that extra-ordinary emergency meeting that the decisions were made without a single brawl eventuating on the night.
doogles

Paul AnthonyTheVat liked this post

Postby TheVat on October 10th, 2015, 12:45 pm 

Any effort at silliness as finely-wrought as yours, Doogles, gets my thumbs-up. LOL!

Next week's subtopic:

Watching water drain from an Aussie bathtub. Mr. Cory Oweliss will moderate.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby DragonFly on October 10th, 2015, 6:24 pm 

PROOF FOR ‘40’
BEING THE BASIS OF ALL

Abraham Lincoln,
Biblically named,
Wrote
“Four score and seven years ago”
As part of the Gettysburg address
On the back of an envelop
(Which was the wrong side for the address)
On the way to the battlefield.

Note that “Seven” is almost “eight”
Which is 2 x 4
And that 8 x 5 = 40.

Also, the Holy Trinity
Has been expanded to include Darwin.

4 x TenCommmandmens = 40.

76 trombones + 4 = 80 = 2 x 40.

QED
DragonFly
Resident Member

Postby WasupDude on July 15th, 2019, 9:22 am 

Life_sucks you are saying that names have a minor effect on personality. I can say the same about numerology, I am not sure the way it is realized, I think it is all about the past, they were taken the way other people felt and they are implementing this in present. I found a site with numerology, sunsigns and Chinese zodiac, if you click here, you’re gonna see that a lot of things are in common with your personality, and I don’t understand how to explain that. It should be something that is calculating the way things are happening in the past on other people experience.
WasupDude
Forum Neophyte

Previous

Return to Anything Philosophy