To the Youth in Europe and North America

General philosophy discussions. If you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here. Share favorite quotes, discuss philosophers, and other topics.

To the Youth in Europe and North America

Postby Hendrick Laursen on January 26th, 2015, 12:34 am 

'Twas Jan the 21st when this message was originally published.

FROM: Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, the Leader of Iran
TO: the Youth in Europe and N America

[Quoted from http://farsi.khamenei.ir/ndata/news/28731/index.html#en]
In the name of God, the Beneficent the Merciful
To the Youth in Europe and North America,

The recent events in France and similar ones in some other Western countries have convinced me to directly talk to you about them. I am addressing you, [the youth], not because I overlook your parents, rather it is because the future of your nations and countries will be in your hands; and also I find that the sense of quest for truth is more vigorous and attentive in your hearts.

I don’t address your politicians and statesmen either in this writing because I believe that they have consciously separated the route of politics from the path of righteousness and truth.

I would like to talk to you about Islam, particularly the image that is presented to you as Islam. Many attempts have been made over the past two decades, almost since the disintegration of the Soviet Union, to place this great religion in the seat of a horrifying enemy. The provocation of a feeling of horror and hatred and its utilization has unfortunately a long record in the political history of the West.

Here, I don’t want to deal with the different phobias with which the Western nations have thus far been indoctrinated. A cursory review of recent critical studies of history would bring home to you the fact that the Western governments’ insincere and hypocritical treatment of other nations and cultures has been censured in new historiographies.

The histories of the United States and Europe are ashamed of slavery, embarrassed by the colonial period and chagrined at the oppression of people of color and non-Christians. Your researchers and historians are deeply ashamed of the bloodsheds wrought in the name of religion between the Catholics and Protestants or in the name of nationality and ethnicity during the First and Second World Wars. This approach is admirable.

By mentioning a fraction of this long list, I don’t want to reproach history; rather I would like you to ask your intellectuals as to why the public conscience in the West awakens and comes to its senses after a delay of several decades or centuries. Why should the revision of collective conscience apply to the distant past and not to the current problems? Why is it that attempts are made to prevent public awareness regarding an important issue such as the treatment of Islamic culture and thought?

You know well that humiliation and spreading hatred and illusionary fear of the “other” have been the common base of all those oppressive profiteers. Now, I would like you to ask yourself why the old policy of spreading “phobia” and hatred has targeted Islam and Muslims with an unprecedented intensity. Why does the power structure in the world want Islamic thought to be marginalized and remain latent? What concepts and values in Islam disturb the programs of the super powers and what interests are safeguarded in the shadow of distorting the image of Islam? Hence, my first request is: Study and research the incentives behind this widespread tarnishing of the image of Islam.

My second request is that in reaction to the flood of prejudgments and disinformation campaigns, try to gain a direct and firsthand knowledge of this religion. The right logic requires that you understand the nature and essence of what they are frightening you about and want you to keep away from.

I don’t insist that you accept my reading or any other reading of Islam. What I want to say is: Don’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices. Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam.

Receive knowledge of Islam from its primary and original sources. Gain information about Islam through the Qur’an and the life of its great Prophet. I would like to ask you whether you have directly read the Qur’an of the Muslims. Have you studied the teachings of the Prophet of Islam and his humane, ethical doctrines? Have you ever received the message of Islam from any sources other than the media?

Have you ever asked yourself how and on the basis of which values has Islam established the greatest scientific and intellectual civilization of the world and raised the most distinguished scientists and intellectuals throughout several centuries?

I would like you not to allow the derogatory and offensive image-buildings to create an emotional gulf between you and the reality, taking away the possibility of an impartial judgment from you. Today, the communication media have removed the geographical borders. Hence, don’t allow them to besiege you within fabricated and mental borders.

Although no one can individually fill the created gaps, each one of you can construct a bridge of thought and fairness over the gaps to illuminate yourself and your surrounding environment. While this preplanned challenge between Islam and you, the youth, is undesirable, it can raise new questions in your curious and inquiring minds. Attempts to find answers to these questions will provide you with an appropriate opportunity to discover new truths.

Therefore, don’t miss the opportunity to gain proper, correct and unbiased understanding of Islam so that hopefully, due to your sense of responsibility toward the truth, future generations would write the history of this current interaction between Islam and the West with a clearer conscience and lesser resentment.

Seyyed Ali Khamenei
21st Jan. 2015
Hendrick Laursen

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: To the Youth in Europe and North America

Postby egosum321 on January 27th, 2015, 5:00 pm 

I’ve stopped reading this text as soon as I realized that it is an islamic propaganda. What does slavery of 100 years ago in the United States (they overcame that wrong, didn’t thery?) or religious wars in Europe (how many centuries ago?) have to do with balancing them with, say, current treatment of women by men of Islam? Or with stoning people to death for converting to other religion?
egosum321

Postby zetreque on January 27th, 2015, 6:38 pm 

I stopped reading this text as soon as I saw how long it was. The youth, and even my older age has a short attention span these days. :)

It must encapsulate the message in twitter character limits.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby burton on January 27th, 2015, 6:46 pm 

Have you ever asked yourself how and on the basis of which values has Islam established the greatest scientific and intellectual civilization of the world and raised the most distinguished scientists and intellectuals throughout several centuries?

This made me laugh out loud. They take credit for everything. And greatest scientific and intellectual civilization of the world??
burton

Postby mayflow on January 27th, 2015, 7:03 pm 

burton » January 27th, 2015, 5:46 pm wrote:

This made me laugh out loud. They take credit for everything. And greatest scientific and intellectual civilization of the world??

If we were to talk about poets like Rumi, I could see something. But people that behead others who are like journalist and photographers are just stupid and mean.
mayflow

Postby Eclogite on January 27th, 2015, 7:50 pm 

mayflow » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:03 pm wrote:
burton » January 27th, 2015, 5:46 pm wrote:If we were to talk about poets like Rumi, I could see something. But people that behead others who are like journalist and photographers are just stupid and mean.
Do you think it possible that your comment is a (gross) over simplification?
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby mayflow on January 27th, 2015, 8:17 pm 

Eclogite » January 27th, 2015, 6:50 pm wrote:
mayflow » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:03 pm wrote:
burton » January 27th, 2015, 5:46 pm wrote:If we were to talk about poets like Rumi, I could see something. But people that behead others who are like journalist and photographers are just stupid and mean.
Do you think it possible that your comment is a (gross) over simplification?

Have you read any of Rumi's love poetry?

"Like a sculptor, if necessary,
carve a friend out of stone.
Realize that your inner sight is blind
and try to see a treasure in everyone.”
― Rumi

It is about time people who really believe in the real beauty that the muslim/islamic viewpoits of beauty and love represent, step forward and help their brethrens realize love, rather than hate and beheading and killing.
mayflow

Postby doogles on January 27th, 2015, 10:43 pm 

I believe that the Ayatollah would have been more productive if he had addressed his ‘advice on attitudes’ to the young Muslims throughout the world rather than those of Europe and North America.

Westerners may be developing adverse ATTITUDES TOWARDS ISLAM in view of the tendency of Muslims to repeatedly employ violent means as their only way of objecting to anything they feel may affect Islam. But the group of people who have manifested the greatest HOSTILITY TOWARDS MUSLIMS over the last seven decades, are the Ayatollah’s fellow Muslims. It seems to me that Muslims desperately need a serious modification of their own attitudes towards those who follow their own broad belief system.

“Some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.”
https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/20 ... muslims-2/

The authors used the following references
*All figures rounded. Sources: Brzezinski, Z., Out of Control: Global Turmoil on the Eve of the Twenty-first Century, 1993; Courtois, S., Le Livre Noir du Communism, 1997; Heinsohn, G., Lexikon der Völkermorde, 1999, 2nd ed.; Heinsohn, G., Söhne und Weltmacht, 2006, 8th ed.; Rummel. R., Death by Government, 1994; Small, M. and Singer, J.D., Resort to Arms: International and Civil Wars 1816-1980, 1982; White, M., “Death Tolls for the Major Wars and Atrocities of the Twentieth Century,” 2003.
doogles

Postby Eclogite on January 28th, 2015, 2:41 am 

mayflow wrote:It is about time people who really believe in the real beauty that the muslim/islamic viewpoits of beauty and love represent, step forward and help their brethrens realize love, rather than hate and beheading and killing.
But obviously you do not feel it is time for non-Muslims to cease from the counterproductive practices of stereotyping and misidentifying Muslims, which to me is a form of over simplification. Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

doogles wrote:Westerners may be developing adverse ATTITUDES TOWARDS ISLAM in view of the tendency of Muslims to repeatedly employ violent means as their only way of objecting to anything they feel may affect Islam.
It is interesting that much of the distaste for the west in general and the USA in particular, on the part of Muslims young and old, stems from the tendency of the USA to employ violent means to invade sovereign countries, or torture illegally detained individuals. Persistent support for the violent strategies of the Israeli government foment the same reactions.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby Hendrick Laursen on January 28th, 2015, 3:35 am 

egosum321 » January 27th, 2015, 11:00 am wrote:I’ve stopped reading this text as soon as I realized that it is an islamic propaganda.

Hi

A few points:
1-How do you say it's a propaganda? It asks you to see both of the sides to make a good conclusion. It asks you to wonder and "doubt" in the picture presented to you as "Islam". Is such a thing prop?

2-For you latter claims, citations have to be included.
Hendrick Laursen

Postby Hendrick Laursen on January 28th, 2015, 3:59 am 

burton » January 27th, 2015, 12:46 pm wrote:

The accuracy of this claim is the issue of another topic, which I did make in the "Social Sciences" forum.
http://sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=28399&p=274815#p274815

Please, do discuss this topic there.

Best of Regards
Hendrick Laursen

Postby mayflow on January 28th, 2015, 8:25 am 

Eclogite » January 28th, 2015, 1:41 am wrote:
mayflow wrote:It is about time people who really believe in the real beauty that the muslim/islamic viewpoits of beauty and love represent, step forward and help their brethrens realize love, rather than hate and beheading and killing.
But obviously you do not feel it is time for non-Muslims to cease from the counterproductive practices of stereotyping and misidentifying Muslims, which to me is a form of over simplification. Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

doogles wrote:Westerners may be developing adverse ATTITUDES TOWARDS ISLAM in view of the tendency of Muslims to repeatedly employ violent means as their only way of objecting to anything they feel may affect Islam.
It is interesting that much of the distaste for the west in general and the USA in particular, on the part of Muslims young and old, stems from the tendency of the USA to employ violent means to invade sovereign countries, or torture illegally detained individuals. Persistent support for the violent strategies of the Israeli government foment the same reactions.

I confirmed no suspicion of yours here. You confirmed your own. You give me a Muslim like Rumi, and I will Love and befriend, be almost overly enchanted. You give me anyone who likes to behead people, and I will not. With Rumi, I can love, with beheaders, I can just ask for Karma to show them the road of compassion, which they obviously missed the turn to. I don't think I over simplify, but it does seem to me that you read into the things I say that are not anything to do with what I say, but just your take on USA and ISREAL and I am not USA or ISRAEl, I am most simply, Mayflow - and I did not have to google who I am.

And, I think it is time that people realize that there are tons of good hearted and good spirited Muslims in this world.
mayflow

Postby doogles on January 31st, 2015, 8:34 pm 

FromPeace2014, to answer your poster questions, Yes I have read the Koran (I have a copy open in front of me as I type), and Yes, I am reading the message of Islam as I type, and Yes I bought this copy of the Koran about 10 years ago to personally see Muhammad’s teachings for myself first hand.

Now my impression is that there is much good advice on lifestyle throughout the Koran, but
1. There is much that I do not regard as conducive to world peace.
2. There is much that I do not like about the treatment of women who appear to be regarded as second-class citizens in the Koran.
3. There is much advice that is being blatantly disregarded by too many Muslims.

One example – 49:10 states “The believers are a band of brothers. Make peace among your brothers and fear God ... “ Now when I read that 11,000,000 Muslims have been killed by fellow Muslims since 1948, and when I read almost every day about Muslims killing other Muslims by detonating bombs in Mosques and other crowded places, in predominantly Muslim States throughout the world, I can only repeat that they appear to be unable to settle perceived differences with others, even those of their own faith, than by VIOLENCE.

To repeat what I said in an earlier post, I believe Ayatollahs would be better served by sending messages of tolerance of Islam to the Muslim youth of the world, rather than the youth of Europe and North America.

There’s an old saying that ‘Charity begins at home’. I believe that anybody encouraging tolerance in others of a different faith should first educate their own to be tolerant. Too many Muslims (The death figures are there) do not seem to know the meaning of the word, in contradiction to what it sggests on those three posters .
doogles

Postby Hendrick Laursen on February 1st, 2015, 3:21 pm 

doogles » January 31st, 2015, 2:34 pm wrote:One example – 49:10 states “The believers are a band of brothers. Make peace among your brothers and fear God ... “ Now when I read that 11,000,000 Muslims have been killed by fellow Muslims since 1948, and when I read almost every day about Muslims killing other Muslims by detonating bombs in Mosques and other crowded places, in predominantly Muslim States throughout the world, I can only repeat that they appear to be unable to settle perceived differences with others, even those of their own faith, than by VIOLENCE.

To repeat what I said in an earlier post, I believe Ayatollahs would be better served by sending messages of tolerance of Islam to the Muslim youth of the world, rather than the youth of Europe and North America.

There’s an old saying that ‘Charity begins at home’. I believe that anybody encouraging tolerance in others of a different faith should first educate their own to be tolerant. Too many Muslims (The death figures are there) do not seem to know the meaning of the word, in contradiction to what it sggests on those three posters .

Hi doogles,

There is nothing I can present you as a "why" to all this bloodshed among Muslims. Just nothing.
Islam began as "one" religion and just one. After Muhammad's death, only one day after him,
the first fractionalism started, whether "Abu Bakr" or "Ali" were to succeed Muhammad.

The first Islamic Civil War started during the caliphate of Ali, [36 A.H.] causing 4,000 to be killed and many injured.

And since then, started the bloodshed among Muslims. Today thousands of sects regard themselves "Muslims" and it's so sad to know most of these excommunicate other sects from Islam.

Yes, I totally surrender to the "charity at Home" practice.

Now, some of Muslims claim Terrorist groups regarding themselves as Muslims are originally American or West-Funded. It could be true to some degrees, as is for ISIL; but it's not a satisfying answer to the fractionalism in the whole history of Islam, as these civil affairs began centuries before America was "discovered".

But, never blame Koran for the asininity of some of it's followers.

Anyway, thanks for your contribution, I wish all Muslims thought like you.
Hendrick Laursen

Postby mayflow on February 1st, 2015, 4:22 pm 

Not all Muslims, all people.
mayflow

Postby wolfhnd on February 1st, 2015, 5:49 pm 

"To repeat what I said in an earlier post, I believe Ayatollahs would be better served by sending messages of tolerance of Islam to the Muslim youth of the world, rather than the youth of Europe and North America."

Very nice post doogles

I would say that there is a lot that 500 years of religious warfare in Europe could teach the Muslims. It only stopped when religious authority passed to secular hands. Then the worst happened with two world wars. What some Muslims see as religious and cultural bigotry is not anything of the kind. I think Europeans can honestly say, look what happened to us and hope you do better, you could learn from our mistakes.
wolfhnd

Postby mtbturtle on February 1st, 2015, 8:20 pm 

I split the question about what happened to Peace to Feedback - here - http://www.sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28418
mtbturtle
Banned User

Postby wolfhnd on February 1st, 2015, 8:40 pm 

It did strike me as funny that he actually said he didn't want to talk about how the Muslim invasion of Europe started the Crusades. It's not in those words but you can see he wasn't ignorant of the facts. These religious dudes have made hypocrisy an art form.

The real irony was that he failed to see a how the freedom Europeans enjoy to criticize there own countries was at the root of the problems with his religious, authoritarian dogma.
wolfhnd

Postby Hendrick Laursen on February 2nd, 2015, 1:56 am 

wolfhnd » February 1st, 2015, 2:40 pm wrote:It did strike me as funny that he actually said he didn't want to talk about how the Muslim invasion of Europe started the Crusades.

Did they? I always thought it was a holy war by Europe to regain "Jerusalem".
Hendrick Laursen

Postby Hendrick Laursen on February 2nd, 2015, 1:57 am 

Have I missed much doogles?
It seems we have some posts available no longer...
Hendrick Laursen

Postby doogles on February 2nd, 2015, 3:52 am 

Hendrick Laursen wrote:Have I missed much doogles?
It seems we have some posts available no longer...

Not much really. BioWizard deleted 3 posts by FromPeace2014 for the following reason.

"That poster came and posted 6 posts in 6 different threads, all being links spamming a website. I did something called 'delete spammer and all the spam it produced in a single click'. And that's where it and all its posts went.

Coming into a forum, doing a search to find relevant threads, and posting nothing but a spam link does not indicate an interest in discussion and is not acceptable. The religious nature of the links had nothing to do with my action. This is how we treat all spammers regardless of what they're spamming, be it generic meds or UV light bulbs."

The absence of those posts tended to make the opening paragraph of my following post somewhat meaningless and out of context, but it was no big deal.
doogles

Postby wolfhnd on February 2nd, 2015, 4:49 am 

Hendrick Laursen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 am wrote:
wolfhnd » February 1st, 2015, 2:40 pm wrote:It did strike me as funny that he actually said he didn't want to talk about how the Muslim invasion of Europe started the Crusades.

Did they? I always thought it was a holy war by Europe to regain "Jerusalem".

Restoring Christian access to the holy places was a factor but mostly a recruiting slogan at first. The popes were constantly engaged in political intrigues they were not just religious leaders but politicians also. They knew they would gain political influence by protecting Spain, France and Byzantine as well as the prestige that would come from a possible conquest of Palestine. Since the crusaders would have to pass through the Byzantine Empire they could kill three birds with one stone, remove the Muslim threat to Europe, restore Romes dominance over the eastern church and provide access to the holy land for pilgrims with possible taxes or at least increased donations. For Rome it was a win no matter what happened in Palestine.
wolfhnd

Postby Eclogite on February 2nd, 2015, 5:54 am 

wolfhnd » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:49 am wrote:Restoring Christian access to the holy places was a factor but mostly a recruiting slogan at first. The popes were constantly engaged in political intrigues they were not just religious leaders but politicians also. They knew they would gain political influence by protecting Spain, France and Byzantine as well as the prestige that would come from a possible conquest of Palestine. Since the crusaders would have to pass through the Byzantine Empire they could kill three birds with one stone, remove the Muslim threat to Europe, restore Romes dominance over the eastern church and provide access to the holy land for pilgrims with possible taxes or at least increased donations. For Rome it was a win no matter what happened in Palestine.

It sounds as if the Church was making claims about Theologies of Mass Conversion.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby wolfhnd on February 2nd, 2015, 2:31 pm 

Eclogite » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:54 am wrote:
wolfhnd » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:49 am wrote:Restoring Christian access to the holy places was a factor but mostly a recruiting slogan at first. The popes were constantly engaged in political intrigues they were not just religious leaders but politicians also.

It sounds as if the Church was making claims about Theologies of Mass Conversion.

You may enjoy this article churchy people are devious bastards lol

MASS CONVERSION: CHANGING CHURCHES TO STOP THE CHURCH FROM CHANGING

"In practical terms, this means that St. Luke’s will no longer be under the authority of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and parishioners will be educated according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church on doctrine and faith practice in general. Thus, the parish has begun to adopt Roman Catholic practices of praying the rosary and saying confession. They’ve even ordered a bigger, better statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary (BVM)."

http://religiondispatches.org/mass-conv ... -changing/
wolfhnd

Ayatollah Khamenei in his letter to the Western youth stated

Postby Ansaralmahdi on February 7th, 2015, 9:21 am 

Don't you accept it aren't you agree with his statement that:

Ayatollah Khamenei in his letter to the Western youth stated that: "I don’t insist that you accept my reading or any other reading of Islam. What I want to say is: Don’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices. Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam"
Ansaralmahdi

Re: Ayatollah Khamenei in his letter to the Western youth st

Postby doogles on February 8th, 2015, 4:10 am 

Ansaralmahdi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 am wrote:Don't you accept it aren't you agree with his statement that:

Ayatollah Khamenei in his letter to the Western youth stated that: "I don’t insist that you accept my reading or any other reading of Islam. What I want to say is: Don’t allow this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world to be introduced to you through resentments and prejudices. Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam"

Ansaralmahdi! You’ve repeated a couple of sentences in the Ayatollah’s letter that I personally skipped through in my initial reading. I was reading for overall concept.

Obviously, you regard this paragraph as being a significant one for discussion and therefore would like others to seriously consider these few sentences. I would like to do that, but I’m having trouble with the exact meaning of a couple of phrases.

Can you help me interpret what the Ayatollah meant by “this dynamic and effective reality in today’s world”. Is he referring to Islam? Please answer with a yes or no and if it is a no, please specify.

To whom is he referring when he advises, “Don’t allow them to hypocritically introduce their own recruited terrorists as representatives of Islam". In this latter sentence, please let me know whom you think he is referring to as ‘them’ and ‘their’’.

I would really like to be involved further in a serious discussion of this topic.
doogles

Postby vivian maxine on February 8th, 2015, 8:04 am 

If the pots are going to call the kettles black, will someone please tell me a religion - any religion anywhere - that has not engaged in factionalism, internecine destructiveness, religious wars and wars using God and his teachings as an alibi? In all my reading of history I have not yet found one. If we are going to slaughter each other with our viciousness, let us do it in our own name and leave God out of it.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby mayflow on February 8th, 2015, 8:38 am 

vivian maxine » February 8th, 2015, 7:04 am wrote:If the pots are going to call the kettles black, will someone please tell me a religion - any religion anywhere - that has not engaged in factionalism, internecine destructiveness, religious wars and wars using God and his teachings as an alibi? In all my reading of history I have not yet found one. If we are going to slaughter each other with our viciousness, let us do it in our own name and leave God out of it.

Buddhism and Jainism come to mind - and Buddhism can get real deep and real philosophical real fast.
mayflow

Postby vivian maxine on February 8th, 2015, 9:55 am 

mayflow » February 8th, 2015, 7:38 am wrote:
vivian maxine » February 8th, 2015, 7:04 am wrote:If the pots are going to call the kettles black, will someone please tell me a religion - any religion anywhere - that has not engaged in factionalism, internecine destructiveness, religious wars and wars using God and his teachings as an alibi? In all my reading of history I have not yet found one. If we are going to slaughter each other with our viciousness, let us do it in our own name and leave God out of it.

Buddhism and Jainism come to mind - and Buddhism can get real deep and real philosophical real fast.

Mayflow, my poor memory questions the Buddhist part but that isn't the purpose of the thread. So, I'll let that rest. You may be right. Of Jainism, I know nothing. You give me something to think about.

For now, the purpose of my post was to simply say we are all responsible for our own actions. God is not. If the Buddhists and Jainists have solved the problem, maybe it gives hope to Hendrick, Rodney King and others of us who keep asking "can't we all get along?"

I hate saying it, Hendrick, but "I'm afraid not. We seem to have an innate need for an enemy and we are uncomfortable until we find one." And by "we" I mean all of mankind, wherever and whoever we are. We are all of the same flesh, bone and brain and our basic intentions are all pretty much the same.

So, if we cannot rise above the intellectual level of engaging in mass manslaughter, let's at least admit that it is us and not God. If there is a god out there, I have a vision of him standing in the wings with a good broom waiting to sweep up the final mess and bringing in the mythical lions and lambs.

My humble opinion to which they tell me I am entitled. Wouldn't it be wonderful if mankind proved me wrong?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby mayflow on February 8th, 2015, 10:33 am 

Viviane Maxine, I appreciate your response. I don't think I should go to much into Buddhist thinking processes unless it is ok by the original poster who was speaking of who was speaking of the Muslim type of belief system.

As I understand it, the Muslim belief system as many have developed from Christianity, which developed from a revision of the Judism old testament eye for an eye philosophy which Jesus Christ they say reformed into a (new testament) "turn the other cheek type of outlook". I don't know how the prophet Mohammed perpetuated that.

If the op or others better versed in the Islamic would like to speak of this, I would be interested.
mayflow

Next

Return to Anything Philosophy