How do you know what to study at the university?

General philosophy discussions. If you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here. Share favorite quotes, discuss philosophers, and other topics.

How do you know what to study at the university?

Postby britt_1a on March 11th, 2017, 2:00 am 

Can you give me a philosophy way of how you choose the career you study at the University... was because of your father or mother? You like it since childhood? A signal of god? Meanwhile you tell me your testimony of how the decision brought in your mind don't forget the details! thanks.
britt_1a
Forum Neophyte

Re: How do you know what to study at the university?

Postby Dave_Oblad on March 11th, 2017, 3:58 am 

Hi britt_1a,

For me.. I always wanted to be a magical Wizard since I was a child. But to a Wizard, it might be assumed that the magic employed has reason, logic and understanding. Thus the craft is not truly Magical to said Wizard.

So I became an Electronics and Software Engineer. My Remote Viewing is a Camera and TV. The demons I create to do my bidding are Machines and Computers (often mixed as in robots). I can Fly (Jet). I can rewind or stop Time (on my VCR or computer).

If I could take my Engineering Craft back 1000 years, I would be called a Wizard.

So, my dream has become a Reality for me.. I'm lucky.

A happy person is the person that does what makes them happy.

What makes you Happy?

Can you get paid doing what makes you Happy?

If so.. then go do that!

I am happy solving problems.. now I get paid to do exactly that.

So make a List of what makes you the most happy, best at the top.

Now look at the top Items on that list. Is there any career that fits the top most items?

If so, you know what to do or what to study.

Do what makes you the most Happy and forget about outside influences. Do what you want and not what others want you to do.

That's the secret to success.

Regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)
britt_1a liked this post

Re: How do you know what to study at the university?

Postby vivian maxine on March 11th, 2017, 1:09 pm 

Just my notion: If one particular study - or related studies - so grabs your attention and keeps you enthralled with the topic that you can't seem to get around to your other required studies, you may have found your preferred field. Take it from there. What interests you most? What makes you ask more questions and buy more books for extra-curricular reading?

Of course, the more practical among us will say "then find out if you can make a living working in that field". They are right. I would add be aware of any field of study that is already overcrowded. Example: A lot of would-be computer scientists have recently learned the hard way about that.

But mainly, what is grabbing all of your attention and enthusiasm? If you feel deeply enough about it, the other questions will take care of themselves.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

britt_1a liked this post

Return to Anything Philosophy