Right to Privacy of Mind

General philosophy discussions. If you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here. Share favorite quotes, discuss philosophers, and other topics.

Right to Privacy of Mind

Postby vivian maxine on April 27th, 2017, 6:35 am 

Now, here is a topic worthy of a philosopher's attention.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 121759.htm

In a neuro-techno future, human rights laws will need to be revised. Protecting our freedom of mind, freedom of thought, freedom of beliefs - privacy as a legal right.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: Right to Privacy of Mind

Postby BadgerJelly on April 30th, 2017, 8:55 am 

Already an issue due to the internet. Laws are being passed without our say everyday in this regard.

Right now someone can trace your movements via your cellphone and watch and listen to your conversations via your, or others, mobile devices by easily tapping into your camera and/or mic.

Privacy is becoming less private. The excuse used is that if you are doing nothing wrong you've nothing to fear. That is of course utter BS!

Of course we can dump our mobile devices if we wish. You have to understand that they are sold to everyone though (even some of the poorest people have access to such devices).

When you go abroad you can only get on the plane if they take your finger prints. In the UK people voted against ID cards and they simply put the info on passports instead.

Privacy in the future will be dictated by the distribution of mobile devices. You can guarantee that governements will be able to access all devices that are "connected". Such personal information is already being sold on the markets to companies wishing to sell products and target their "customers" (or rather cattle unsuspecting people into categories for merchantile profit).

Such is the world and it's getting more and more funny by the day XD Hahaha!

The guy from facebook is trying to replace the mobile phone now. Funnily enough the tech he is talking about I posted about here a few years ago. It is actually "low" tech using projectors and not touch screens. I think what he is talking about has actually been available for mass production since the late 90's? They spoon feed the public devices that are decades behind current tech. Sadly for them that due to this tech we're catching them up and we'll surpass them too ;)
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on April 30th, 2017, 9:19 am 

And people in doctors' offices are asking you to sign a statement saying that you have seen their privacy statement when you have no proof they even have such a statement.

And Silicon Valley masterminds can go into your computer and change your settings without your knowledge.

And Bob Rankin tells us that, if we change our passwords, we will not get any more spam but the same spam keeps coming.

Telemarketers call and tell me I am on a certain list which (which I am) and that I had a hearing test (which I did) or that I go to a certain restaurant (which I do) or that I have certain insurance (which I do) and that I should change (which I will not)..

Complain about any of this and someone will ask "what are you hiding?"
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on April 30th, 2017, 10:10 am 

Viv -

HAHAHA!!!

You have to laugh though! We used to dream of such "convenience" and when we have our demands and wants being directly addressed we simply get annoyed by the harassment! (if you get the gist. I mean "we" broadly, meaning lazy humans wanting the world to operate to our will.)

I do wonder what makes me a "target" for investigation? Do the "they" people in governments have certain algorithms with which they choose to monitor people? I would assume so, and even if these methods prove useless I expect they will keep on trying to refine them to find the "trouble makers" in society.

What "radical" views voiced online are deemed worthy of monitoring? I imagine there are so many people online saying so many crazy things that it would be hard to pinpoint the real nut jobs. Or do they monitor only those who are not on the radar? I imagine the government would be suspicious of people not online and with no credit cards. In which case to counter this it would be a damn good counter to occasionally go online and spout random nonsense on forums and twiiter accounts etc.

Within this web of happy paranoid tangled thoughts I can only remain annoyed by spam. I am curious what the hell the reason is why I have a advert for "Your Free Astrology Chart" on this site? I guess we don't have much to fear if the best their computations can do is come up with some dumb piece of advertising directed at me.

I am very interested why "Astrology" would be targeted at ME!? I would understand it if I had typed "astrology" recently, but I have not, and I have not gone near any such site in the last couple of years to my memory.

agoda adverts I do understand! ;)
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on April 30th, 2017, 10:12 am 

Damnit! Now I am getting adverts for mobile devices! I should start talking about pet food and see if that does anything.

I love pet food! Dog food is good ... wonder if that wakes up some pet food company XD
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on April 30th, 2017, 10:50 am 

BadgerJelly » April 30th, 2017, 9:12 am wrote:Damnit! Now I am getting adverts for mobile devices! I should start talking about pet food and see if that does anything.

I love pet food! Dog food is good ... wonder if that wakes up some pet food company XD

Simple, Badger. Google has contracts with these companies. So, when you mention their products or look at their products online, you get an ad about their products. In other words, you are being tracked.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on April 30th, 2017, 10:58 am 

Still waiting for adverts about dog food :(

I am going to mention dog food as much as possible to get the add I want! haha! May as well make a game of it. I don't use google anymore. I am sure no matter what I use they'll be able to trace me or this search engine is leased out to them or some such nonsense.

Anyway, sorry for long rambling. Coffee does crazy things to me. I have stopped drinking is over the past 2-3 weeks. In that time I have had two coffees, one was today! haha! Absolutely incredible what it does to me when I take it in sudden bursts!

Now waiting for coffee and dog food ads

btw I get a lot of ads for Learning English. Damn EEdiots think I cannot speak English because I am not in an English speaking country. Guess they don't have access to my nationality and only go by IPS
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on April 30th, 2017, 11:17 am 

Rambling can be fun. Go to a dog food web site. That will do it.

Right now Google is tormenting me with insistence that I "accept" their privacy code. Also making me sign in every day instead of being automatically signed in as before. Also insisting that I make Google my default browser. I thought Google was a search engine.

Two things I shall never comprehend. Einstein's theory of relativity and computers.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Anything Philosophy