I seek therefore I shall find.

General philosophy discussions. If you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here. Share favorite quotes, discuss philosophers, and other topics.

I seek therefore I shall find.

Postby JohnD on September 20th, 2019, 9:35 pm 

I know therefore I am.
I choose to believe therefore I know. When we acknowledge the existence of a possibility, we gain knowledge and thus we understand more.
I don’t possess the practical knowledge of a scientist however I know to ask the question and not to believe all that is stated as fact. The strongest most obstinate question in any language is “What if?”
What if what we believe as the least possible is the reality that persists? Science tells us there is a finite limit to the universe based on a calculation of visible mass. Yet there is always a persistent and unanswerable question of ‘what if?’
Similar questions should be persistent when considering climate change. Climate change is real, and no matter which theory is considered it remains and threatens us all. My what if question is ‘what if climate change is due to earth shift?’ Acceptance of earth shift is becoming more prevalent in science today as studies have shown the shifting of earth’s axis is measurable and will eventually tip the world to a new axial point. This earth shift could be the cause of climate change with polar melts, rising seas, varying temperatures, storms, etc…
Consider the possibility that with the axis shifting the existing movement of winds around the planet will be altering direction leading to confrontations. Polar ice melts as it shifts to a new location and will eventually reform at the new location.
JohnD

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: I seek therefore I shall find.

Postby JohnD on September 21st, 2019, 3:46 am 

An adendum to this post. I have been to our local shopping centre and a curious what if came to mind. We talk so much about the environment and have done so little. What struck me on my journey was how full the shops were. There was no want for any item. What happens to those things that are not sold? Food, clothing, furniture, toys, etc...? Do they go to land fill. See it's not just what we give up on and throw away, it's what we overproduce. I can imagine fields being occupied with this overproduction. We cannot excuse it by saying there are so many people in need because those people are still in need inspite of the overproduction. In the 90's we adopted the Japanese 'Just in time' model of production. Today it seems we have abandoned it in favor of having stores look full. Or maybe world trade is so warped that there is no where for production to go so it fills our stores with all manor of goods.
JohnD

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Anything Philosophy