How Detrimental Are Supporters To Ideologies

General philosophy discussions. If you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here. Share favorite quotes, discuss philosophers, and other topics.

How Detrimental Are Supporters To Ideologies

Postby edy420 on August 18th, 2020, 12:33 am 

I find it ironic that most of the Black Lives Matter protesters(BLM) are white. Another observation, is that many transgender supporters and advocates are not trans gender.

In a BLM protest, a crowd of white people were chanting, defund the police... 90% of the police present were of colour. Probably the most iconic representation of what is really going on, white supremacists trying to ruin black peoples jobs. (I dont know the truth, but thats what it looks like at face value)

Then we have extreme examples of children undergoing parent supported gender mutilation, and then regretting it. Statistically, an operation is not enough to satisfy the mental complications that the average transgender is a victim of. If your a trans supporter, good for you. But your religious ideologies should not permit the mutilation of your child. In a more general sense, most trans gender And intersex individuals wish to identify with a binary gender system. This doesnt seem evident when hearing the average trans supporter speak on fluid gender.

In both cases, the majority are not members of any victimization associated with the movement. Instead the majority are those who sympathize for the victims. Which ultimately leads to more victimization. It seems like, this isn't a widely accepted observation, that supporters of a movement who are not actual victims, are destructive towards any attempt to relinquish the oppressed.

Is this a fair observation?

If a victim wants to spread awareness and seek help for resolutions, then great, they should have access to all the support they can in that endeavor. But, when a movement is hijacked by people who have no clue, more victims are created.
edy420

Re: How Detrimental Are Supporters To Ideologies

Postby Lomax on August 27th, 2020, 8:40 am 

Can you provide an example of a child undergoing gender confirmation surgery? It’s not legal in my country. I can’t seem to find information on a country that permits it. Iran perhaps?
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby Serpent on August 27th, 2020, 9:02 am 

A peculiar parallel to draw.
In both cases, the majority are not members of any victimization associated with the movement. Instead the majority are those who sympathize for the victims. Which ultimately leads to more victimization.

Cite three examples of increased victimization when the majority population opposes discrimination against a minority.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby TheVat on August 27th, 2020, 12:43 pm 

edy420 » August 17th, 2020, 9:33 pm wrote:I find it ironic that most of the Black Lives Matter protesters(BLM) are white. Another observation, is that many transgender supporters and advocates are not trans gender.

In a BLM protest, a crowd of white people were chanting, defund the police... 90% of the police present were of colour. Probably the most iconic representation of what is really going on, white supremacists trying to ruin black peoples jobs. (I dont know the truth, but thats what it looks like at face value)

Then we have extreme examples of children undergoing parent supported gender mutilation, and then regretting it. Statistically, an operation is not enough to satisfy the mental complications that the average transgender is a victim of. If your a trans supporter, good for you. But your religious ideologies should not permit the mutilation of your child. In a more general sense, most trans gender And intersex individuals wish to identify with a binary gender system. This doesnt seem evident when hearing the average trans supporter speak on fluid gender.

In both cases, the majority are not members of any victimization associated with the movement. Instead the majority are those who sympathize for the victims. Which ultimately leads to more victimization. It seems like, this isn't a widely accepted observation, that supporters of a movement who are not actual victims, are destructive towards any attempt to relinquish the oppressed.

Is this a fair observation?

If a victim wants to spread awareness and seek help for resolutions, then great, they should have access to all the support they can in that endeavor. But, when a movement is hijacked by people who have no clue, more victims are created.

For ease of reading, I bolded the accurate portion of your post.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Serpent liked this post

Return to Anything Philosophy