Dangers of different things

Philosophical, mathematical and computational logic, linguistics, formal argument, game theory, fallacies, paradoxes, puzzles and other related issues.

Dangers of different things

Postby caters on January 18th, 2016, 6:22 pm 

There are several things that the humanoids in my story about Kepler Bb will come across that have their dangers. Some are obviously more dangerous than others like F1 tornado vs thunderstorm or flash flood vs rain for several days straight. Others are not so obviously more dangerous like earthquake vs fire

One thing all humanoids have is a mental map of their civilization. Most have some resistance to venom but the very young have no resistance at all. Some have powers like heat resistance or reptilian morphing

So basically I am wanting to make a list of if then or statements about different things that are dangerous.

For Fire I think it is this:

If humanoid is very young

Then humanoid won't know that fires are dangerous

If humanoid doesn't know that fires are dangerous

Then humanoid will get severely burnt and maybe even die

If humanoid is young but not very young

Then humanoid will know fires are dangerous

If humanoid knows fires are dangerous

Then humanoid will be hot but survive with only 1st or 2nd degree burns

Or humanoid will use heat resistance power and be able to survive within the fire

If humanoid is not young

Then humanoid will know the signs of a fire before it even starts (Like for example abnormally hot temperature)

If humanoid knows the signs of a fire

Then humanoid will survive with no burns at all

But is that the right logic or am I wrong somewhere?
caters

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Dangers of different things

Postby Braininvat on January 18th, 2016, 9:33 pm 

WHERE are the parents?
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby caters on January 18th, 2016, 11:15 pm 

Well I am assuming that the very young is not so young that it can barely move.

And these humanoids develop fast.

At birth, the humanoid can’t do much except cry, nurse, and sleep. However crying is not a sign of hunger in these humanoids, even as newborns.

With their large brains at birth, they can talk as early as 3 months. But talking is limited at this point to things like “Hungry”, “Hurt”, “Play”, “Mom”, “Dad”, and other family relationships.

At 6 months they can already walk with support(also known as cruising). They can say a lot more including phrases like “Head hurts”, “I’m hungry”, and even short sentences like “I love you Mom.”

At 9 months they can walk without support and ask questions like “What’s that?” or “Why do I hurt?”

At a year old they can run and jump and even start to read.

During toddlerhood they start to understand why they are hurt and what makes them sick and how to prevent themselves from getting hurt.

And this is only the development from 0-5 years(gender neutral stage).

And I am also assuming that the parents are there watching to see if the humanoid gets out of the fire via climbing(These humanoids can climb before they can walk which is an advantage for a mainly underground civilization where the floors are assigned negative numbers and tunnels are the way of getting from 1 place to another.)
caters

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Braininvat on January 19th, 2016, 12:24 am 

Let me see if I'm following this....the parents watch their children being threatened by a fire and wait to see if the child gets away by climbing. Man, I've heard of "tough love," but that's crazy.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Return to Logic