The inflation event - Thoughts

Discussions ranging from space technology, near-earth and solar system missions, to efforts to understand the large-scale structure of the cosmos.

The inflation event - Thoughts

Postby Event Horizon on March 9th, 2018, 9:12 pm 

I'm not a cosmologist or physicist, but I've thought about this a lot, and would like to know if there is any validity to what I hope to describe here. If I get lucky and have got this right, it could help the qualified folks some.
I have a suspicion that the singularity event was caused instantaneously due to a paradox. If non-existence exists, it has to allow for existence. I think the inflation event expanded at about 40x lightspeed. How? Because einsteinian physics had not yet come into effect.
I wonder if the inflation event caused a shockwave. I think it's quite likely. It may even still be travelling at 40xC.
I also wonder if this supposed shockwave is dragging the rest of the universe behind it somehow, which could account for why the dispersal of the universe is happening at an accelerating rate.
I apologise for my lack of knowledge in this field.
Event Horizon

Re: The inflation event - Thoughts

Postby bangstrom on March 9th, 2018, 11:21 pm 

I can’t say you are wrong but my speculation is that the inflation period was added to make the Big Bang cosmology consistent with the observation that the universe is 15 billion years old when it appears to be older and more developed than possible in that length of time. The age of the universe was later marked down 13.7 billion years which makes the inflation period more important than ever.

Your speculation fits the Many Worlds Cosmology where anything is possible.
bangstrom

Return to Astronomy & Cosmology