Hyperorganization

Discussions ranging from space technology, near-earth and solar system missions, to efforts to understand the large-scale structure of the cosmos.

Hyperorganization

Postby Zanthius on August 2nd, 2018, 5:10 pm 

I have made a website about what I think happened before the big bang:

https://www.hyperorganization.org/

Anybody have any criticism?
Zanthius

Re: Hyperorganization

Postby Braininvat on August 2nd, 2018, 6:25 pm 

The problem is that the universe is, in Boltzmann terms, a closed system, where temperature averages out and entropy always increases. That goes to the macrostate called heat death. Without some external system, this dead universe cannot generate a BEC.

So far in the future, black holes will devour everything. By doing so they will greatly increase the entropy of the universe. This entropy will then become maximal as the black holes will vanish by Hawking radiation. Eventually, the universe will be a giant empty soup that these radiations will be crossing amorphously. There is no gravitational mechanism that can gather this attenuated soup back together again, at least not in the universe we inhabit.

Microstates have no arrow of time, but macrostates (see Boltzmann) do. Which gives us thermodynamics. So I can't see your theoretic bounce-universe playing out.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Braininvat on August 2nd, 2018, 6:34 pm 

However, Sean Carroll offers you the hope of a vacuum fluctuation and a baby universe from that. So there could be something after the cold soup....

https://youtu.be/rEr-t17m2Fo
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Zanthius on August 2nd, 2018, 6:56 pm 

Braininvat » August 2nd, 2018, 5:25 pm wrote:That goes to the macrostate called heat death. Without some external system, this dead universe cannot generate a BEC.

It doesn't necessarily need to be external, just retrocausal. The big bang is going to cause entropy to increase until the heat death. But when there is no causality left, there is no resistance to retrocausality. So the future might start to pull instead. This might seem very alien to us, but pulling (or retrocausality) is perfectly possible in the quantum world.

Braininvat » August 2nd, 2018, 5:25 pm wrote:There is no gravitational mechanism that can gather this attenuated soup back together again, at least not in the universe we inhabit.

Lack of gravity isn't a problem. Causality is the problem.
Zanthius

Postby mitchellmckain on August 2nd, 2018, 10:06 pm 

Zanthius » August 2nd, 2018, 4:10 pm wrote:I have made a website about what I think happened before the big bang:

https://www.hyperorganization.org/

Anybody have any criticism?

Yes.

I see one incorrect conclusion after another and it is all founded on entropy which nearly always misunderstood by the non-scientist. Equating entropy with organization is wrong. Entropy is really just about probability and counting the states represented by some descriptors -- a larger number of states making some descriptors more probable. But there is no conservation of the number of possible states and increasing that number, particularly in an expanding universe, is quite trivial. Thus an increase in entropy in no way implies a change from a more organized existence. Indeed you cannot conclude anything beyond the fact that the universe is expanding adding absolutely nothing to big bang theory as it already is.
mitchellmckain

Return to Astronomy & Cosmology