true artificial sunlight?

Discussions related to engineering and its applications. From civil and mechanical to aeronautic and robotics, etc.

true artificial sunlight?

Postby element115 on March 16th, 2015, 8:57 pm 

true artificial sunlight will be able to completely mimic sunlight to were we could create under water homes by allowing us to grow food and oxygen producing plants I'm trying to make with what i can get my hands but I'm only 16 any ideas we've came a long we're capable of this we're just not trying
element115
Forum Neophyte

Re: true artificial sunlight?

Postby Dave_Oblad on March 16th, 2015, 9:07 pm 

Welcome to the Forums element115,

Wiki has this to say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_sunlight

In fact there is a lot on the net to help you, just Google for it.

One more comment.. use a few periods in your posts.. it helps.

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby element115 on March 16th, 2015, 9:19 pm 

i see thank you. yahoo doesn't pull up helpful information anymore it seems.
element115
Forum Neophyte

Postby Darby on March 16th, 2015, 9:31 pm 

element115 » March 16th, 2015, 8:57 pm wrote:true artificial sunlight will be able to completely mimic sunlight to were we could create under water homes by allowing us to grow food and oxygen producing plants I'm trying to make with what i can get my hands but I'm only 16 any ideas we've came a long we're capable of this we're just not trying

Sunlight, while critical to food production and extremely important to underwater human habitats, was not the only limiting factor to long term underwater habitation ... things like gravity, posture, weight bearing activity, atmospheric gas composition & pressure, et al. As I recall, there were quite a few habitat studies that were done in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Shouldnt be hard to track them down ... I recall them being a very good read.
Darby

Postby element115 on March 16th, 2015, 10:06 pm 

it seems some Chinese scientists have created an artificial sun and considering using it as a power source interesting
element115
Forum Neophyte

Postby Darby on March 16th, 2015, 10:29 pm 

element115 » March 16th, 2015, 10:06 pm wrote:it seems some Chinese scientists have created an artificial sun and considering using it as a power source interesting

Oh there is ZERO chance of us letting that one slide by.

Linkage pls.
Darby

Postby element115 on March 16th, 2015, 10:32 pm 

element115
Forum Neophyte

Postby Braininvat on March 16th, 2015, 11:18 pm 

Funny, the news of a successful fusion reactor has traveled at such a snail's pace, since the 2007 press release.

Element, have you found any more recent updates? This brief article is suspiciously lacking in details.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Darby on March 16th, 2015, 11:44 pm 

And it conveniently lacks an author ... gee, I wonder why ? {sarcasm intended}

In other news, ITER (a reputable international effort with all the visibility you could ask for) is currently under construction. You'd be much better off following their efforts, than some vague unsigned and unsubstantiated press releases from somewhere deep in a country with a long history of media manipulation, self serving propaganda and no freedom of the press.

China is a partner in the effort ... but gosh, since they've already solved the mystery of fusion power back in 2007, why would they need to reinvent the proverbial wheel at such great cost I wonder ?

TIP: always read multiple sources, and learn to get a feel for weighing their relative veracity. Also, always read up on a subject of interest, so that you're better equipped to winnow out unreliable content for yourself rather than having to take other people's word for it, or parrot the same to others.
Darby

Postby element115 on March 17th, 2015, 10:33 am 

thanks to tell the truth i found the article by accident
element115
Forum Neophyte

Return to Engineering & Electronics