Transceiver

Discussions related to engineering and its applications. From civil and mechanical to aeronautic and robotics, etc.

Transceiver

Postby Watson on February 20th, 2018, 11:04 pm 

I think this exists, but I can't figure out how to search for it. I recall seeing something like a pong monitor that showed a flashing dot. But in this case it showed the reflection of a specific material. The device sends out a UHF or VHF signal. The signal is reflected by the reflective material back to, and shows up on the monitor.
Does this sound familiar to anyone, or was I dreaming?
Watson
Resident Member

Location: Earth, middle of the top half, but only briefly each 24 hours.

Re: Transceiver

Postby someguy1 on February 21st, 2018, 1:22 am 

Watson » February 20th, 2018, 9:04 pm wrote:I think this exists, but I can't figure out how to search for it. I recall seeing something like a pong monitor that showed a flashing dot. But in this case it showed the reflection of a specific material. The device sends out a UHF or VHF signal. The signal is reflected by the reflective material back to, and shows up on the monitor.
Does this sound familiar to anyone, or was I dreaming?

Radar?
someguy1

Postby Watson on February 21st, 2018, 1:43 am 

Yes but a very low tech model.
Watson
Resident Member

Postby Watson on February 23rd, 2018, 11:58 am 

I think it s a UHF/VHF type transmitted signal against a resonating material, with the modified reflected signal shown on a monitor or radio-scope of some sort. Hmm....I thought I was making some search progress, but looking back, it seems vary similar to the original thought. Keeping on....
Watson
Resident Member

Return to Engineering & Electronics