I might post some sticky link collection threads if it's OK

Recommend, review, discuss and share books, podcasts, videos and links to philosophy and related resources.

I might post some sticky link collection threads if it's OK

Postby Marshall on April 17th, 2014, 7:44 pm 

Mermaid suggested having some collections of LINKS to online resources in various "PHILOSOPHY AND…" categories. I would like, if there is no objection, to make them STICKY threads, so they stay at top of menu.
Technically I don't consider this limited to regular academic philosophy OF so-and-so, but able to include links to video lectures or articles where there is some overlap, cross-fertilization, reciprocal influence.

This may turn out to be a bad idea, in which case we can simply UNsticky the threads and let them drift out of sight, or trash them. It's just something Mermaid suggested in another thread (Anything Philosophy) and that I'd like to try:
Marshall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:28 pm wrote:
Voiceless Mermaid » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm wrote:That sounds good Marshall.

What I had in mind specifically myself, though we don't have to confine it only to that, was points of intersection between philosophy and other fields. Not so much then philosophy of technology, as philosophy and technology. Or, to give a better example, not philosophy of art, which then would usually be subsumed under the philosophical field known as aesthetics, but philosophy and art, which observes more the intersecting points of the two rather than encompass art as a field studied by philosophy. This was what I had in mind, but we don't have to confine it only to it.

I'm hearing intersection, maybe cross-fertilization (art can give ideas to philosophy, physics can too, psychology maybe too---it's not always philosophy OF this or that) so putting it vaguely I'm hearing "AND"
(which in boolean logic means intersection, but in literature studies I think means possibly reciprocal influence)

So I'm hearing you say "Philosophy and" links (abbr. PAL)
phil. and time
phil. and cognition
phil. and art
phil. and cosmology
phil. and AI

I like the idea of collecting CHOICE links, links to free online resources that one thinks are especially stimulating peculiar or intriguing. Not trying to be complete or encyclopedic, relatively selective rather.
I might TRY setting up some "prototype" PAL threads in the Books and Media forum. Mtbturtle can always scrap them, or UNstick them if she decides they aren't helpful.
Marshall
Honored Member

Faradave liked this post

Re: Sticky threads

Postby Faradave on April 17th, 2014, 11:58 pm 

Good Idea.
Faradave

Return to Books, Media & Internet Resources