Philosophy and Technology links

Recommend, review, discuss and share books, podcasts, videos and links to philosophy and related resources.

Philosophy and Technology links

Postby Marshall on August 2nd, 2014, 6:01 pm 

If I remember correctly it was the Mermaid's suggestion to have some "Philosophy and…" threads where one could assemble links to internet resources, references to books, media and such. And just recently she mentioned the idea of a Philosophy and Technology thread.
Voiceless Mermaid » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 pm wrote:..., Saraceno's cloud cities reminded me of Benjamin Bratton's analysis of the city and the cloud (as in internet, online cloud) in his paper, "The Black Stack," a talk which I was saving for when Marshall decided to create a "philosophy and technology" thread instead of "philodophy and AI". Around minute 34 in the present talk Bratton talks about AI and bypasses the question of the Turing test as unimportant, though in an interesting twist. The talk is as regards Geo-politics, and has many implications on how we view the interaction between politics (the state) and technology, with issues of address, location, privacy etc. being raised throughout it.

...Anyway, here is Bratton's talk: "The Black Stack"

http://youtu.be/3c3jXPBG-NY

So let's see how this goes!
Marshall

Return to Books, Media & Internet Resources