Cell Biology

Recommend, review, discuss and share books, podcasts, videos and links to philosophy and related resources.

Cell Biology

Postby vivian maxine on August 28th, 2016, 1:25 pm 

Can anyone recommend an easy-to-read and well-lllustrated book about cell biology? Or, perhaps an author who writes on the subject. Thank you.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: Cell Biology

Postby neuro on August 29th, 2016, 4:04 am 

You should get Alberts' Cell Biology book. It is expensive, and it looks as a textbook, but it is really well written and organized.
neuro
Forum Moderator

Postby Eclogite on August 29th, 2016, 4:55 am 

I have found several reasonably priced second hand university level text books on biology to contain well illustrated and clearly discussed material on cells. The slightly older textbooks will contain all the relevant fundamentals, but not necessarily the latest research at a fraction of the cost of current ones.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby vivian maxine on August 29th, 2016, 5:37 am 

Thank you both. I'll look at Alberts'- and maybe get to our used book store. We never delved into what goes on inside a cell. Quite interesting. A lot of "intelligent thinking" going on in there. (Note the quotation marks but a person is tempted to think that way.)
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby SciameriKen on August 29th, 2016, 9:22 am 

You can check out the Bill Gates Free Textbook website:
https://openstax.org/subjects/science
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby vivian maxine on August 29th, 2016, 1:38 pm 

SciameriKen » August 29th, 2016, 8:22 am wrote:You can check out the Bill Gates Free Textbook website:
https://openstax.org/subjects/science

I may be wrong but I think his are for students in school. Thanks, though. No harm in looking.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Books, Media & Internet Resources