Conscienciousness Test

Anthropology, History, Psychology, Sociology and other related areas.

Conscienciousness Test

Postby BadgerJelly on August 17th, 2017, 4:09 am 

http://www.yourpersonality.net/cgi-bin/conscientiousness/conscientiousness2.pl

My results and comments about test:

note: I didn't know how to print out the graphs to show averages and peaks. .Scoring is from 1-4.

Industriousness
Industriousness represents the tendency to work hard. People who score higher on this scale tend to be more hardworking and ambitious, while people lower on this scale tend to be more lazy or aimless.

Your score on Industriousness was 3.7. Your score was higher than that of the average person who took this test (3.32).

This kind of surprised me. I guess when I do put my mind to something I go at it full steam ahead.

Order
Orderliness represents the propensity to be organized and neat. People who score higher on this scale tend to be very organized and neat. Those who score lower are often more forgetful or disorganized.

Your score on Orderliness was 1.6. Your score was lower than that of the average person who took this test (2.86).

I am messy. No surprise here.

Virtue
Virtue represents the propensity to be honest and to tell the truth. People who score higher on this scale tend to have greater integrity and are more sincere. Those who score lower are more willing to bend the rules.

Your score on Virtue was 2.8. Your score was lower than that of the average person who took this test (2.82).

Fair enough I guess.

Traditionalism
Traditionalism refers to the tendency to follow socially proscribed norms and traditions. People who score higher on this scale are more conventional and focus on adhering to societal rules. People who score lower are less likely to conform.

Your score on Traditionalism was 1.9. Your score was lower than that of the average person who took this test (2.50).

No surprise here either. I am not one for authority and set rules even though I understand there importance.

Self-control
Self-control refers to the tendency to inhibit or override gut-based responses. People high on this scale tend to be more careful and cautious, while those low on this scale are more impulsive and careless.

Your score on Self-control was 2.8. Your score was lower than that of the average person who took this test (3.03).

My personal view is that I am high or low depending on situation and aims.

Responsibility
Responsibility refers to the tendency to be reliable, especially in social situations. People high on this scale tend to be more dependable and reliable, while those lower on this scale are less likely to be counted upon.

Your score on Responsibility was 3.1. Your score was lower than that of the average person who took this test (3.18).

I expected lower score here.

I have been doing a few of these kinds of tests and find them very interesting. It is very difficult to be completely honest in some of them and in several of the 60 questions in this test I really struggled over the meaning of the question and a simple "true"/"false" answer seems extremely limited. So for several questions I could easily have answered with the opposite depending on how I chose to interpret the question.

In other broader tests I continually get a low score in conscienciousness and EXTREMELY high in openness every time.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Re: Conscienciousness Test

Postby Serpent on August 17th, 2017, 9:46 am 

It's too predictable. And, as you say, it's very difficult to tell the truth on a T/F question when the real answer, It Depends or Sometimes, or Partly. For example, what do they mean by "very important"? (Yeah, it matters in the kitchen or studio, but not so much in the yard or baseball field....) Which "authority"? (I mostly obey the law but disrespect police who abuse it.) When working with others? (I haven't had to do that for decades now.)
Would I lie? (Of course, to spare someone pain, even just to spare them embarrassment. If that makes me less virtuous, I can live with the stigma.)

The trouble with all Y/N is the extreme of the trouble with all multiple choice tests: no room for nuance, situational variance, independent judgment or creativity. Nor the fact that I forget to put things back for the same reason I forget names - coz I'm old and have holes in my brain.

I - 3.4
O - 3.1
V - 2.5
T - 1.9
S-C - 4
R - 3.4

(I bookmarked the home page and may come back to look at their other quizzes.)
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on August 17th, 2017, 10:10 am 

I much prefer the tests with neutral option. They are all interesting in some way because they make you think about yourself more than usual.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby wolfhnd on August 17th, 2017, 1:41 pm 

wolfhnd
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Social Sciences