The Gender Pay Gap: Myth or Reality

Anthropology, History, Psychology, Sociology and other related areas.

Postby BadgerJelly on March 7th, 2019, 11:02 am 

Note: 56 mins long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Da-9rGveWo

I’ve tried to post this on another site but for some reason it was disapproved. It’s not controversial in the slightest and is probably the most balanced discussion on this subject I’ve seen online. No raised voices, calm and considered questions from the audience, and some points from both of what I’d call the more “extreme” ends of the topic.

To add to this a member of the audience (I believe) brings up the question of the next “-ism” likely to come to the fore, that is “ageism”. What are your takes on how “ageism” may come more into the spotlight and how much of an impact this will have on society at large?

Also, what points do you think were either left out or not covered enough in this discussion?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Re: The Gender Pay Gap: Myth or Reality

Postby TheVat on March 7th, 2019, 12:07 pm 

Not sure I've time today, but it's a good topic, ripe for some serious scrutiny of the stats and their context. In the US, it appears to be a problem mainly of promotion and traditional management level structures, rather than differential pay at a specific level on the ladder. Will try to get back to this.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

BadgerJelly liked this post

Return to Social Sciences