Social role survey

Anthropology, History, Psychology, Sociology and other related areas.

Social role survey

Postby cius on November 3rd, 2015, 10:53 am 

I have an interesting hypothesis about your role in society. Please help me by filling a 1-minute form at:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W3YWHRS

I think you will understand the hypothesis if you take the survey :). If any questions, please write me back.

Thank you.
cius
Forum Neophyte

Re: Social role survey

Postby mtbturtle on November 3rd, 2015, 11:19 am 

Hi cius, without details, explanation of what you are doing and why, you aren't going to entice many people to fill out an online survey. I won't be taking it.
mtbturtle
Banned User

Postby BioWizard on November 3rd, 2015, 11:42 am 

Me neither.
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby cius on November 3rd, 2015, 12:53 pm 

I'm doing it for a small community where we explore psychology. I'm sorry but I'm really not sure how to introduce it without having the results yet
cius
Forum Neophyte

Postby BioWizard on November 3rd, 2015, 1:05 pm 

cius » 03 Nov 2015 11:53 am wrote:I'm doing it for a small community where we explore psychology. I'm sorry but I'm really not sure how to introduce it without having the results yet

I suppose that's fair. Other social scientists here have raised this point before, that giving away too much (or even a little) about the survey can skew the results. So you do need to be careful with that.

Since I don't know exactly what you're researching, I don't have any specific advice on how you can entice people without giving away too much. Coupons? :]
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Postby vivian maxine on November 3rd, 2015, 1:08 pm 

How about letting them see the questions and then decide whether to participate? Does that work? Or is it one question per page so that you are locked in once you start?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 3rd, 2015, 1:14 pm 

I fixed the link, making it active, and then clicked. Took 60 seconds, to fill out 7 short questions. Easy peasy.

Don't forget to post results and conclusions, Cius.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby mtbturtle on November 3rd, 2015, 2:36 pm 

BioWizard » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:05 pm wrote:
cius » 03 Nov 2015 11:53 am wrote:I'm doing it for a small community where we explore psychology. I'm sorry but I'm really not sure how to introduce it without having the results yet

I suppose that's fair. Other social scientists here have raised this point before, that giving away too much (or even a little) about the survey can skew the results. So you do need to be careful with that.

Since I don't know exactly what you're researching, I don't have any specific advice on how you can entice people without giving away too much. Coupons? :]

If they don't want to bias the data, then they should say so upfront.

cius, something more like this might get you more eyes on your survey.

"Hi I'm a student doing a project for my Psychology class on social roles. Please help me by answering 7 short questions (takes no more than 10-20 mins). I can't tell you more about the project at this time because it might bias the data. I plan on writing a paper and will return and share my results in 6 months. Thank you for taking time to help me complete my project.
mtbturtle
Banned User

Postby BioWizard on November 3rd, 2015, 3:11 pm 

I agree with mtbturtle. At least some preface of sorts. If you don't want to introduce the study, you can at least introduce yourself and general intentions (publish a paper, pass a class, help my local community, etc). You know, get people a little invested. You need to do a bit of that, given how many other competing things people could be doing on the www.
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Return to Social Sciences