Flying Car

Interdisciplinary science discussions. Also, if you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here.

Flying Car

Postby Revolutionary on February 5th, 2017, 5:57 pm 

Do you think that one day in the future most middle class people can own a flying car or that idea will always be science fiction.
Revolutionary

Re: Flying Car

Postby hyksos on February 5th, 2017, 9:39 pm 

hyksos

Postby Revolutionary on February 5th, 2017, 9:53 pm 

Good one. I always thought it was not practical unless it had VTOL capabilities. Also if someone commits a crime wondering if the police are going to fly after him. Also it would be way too dangerous to add to that if people were bumping into each other.
Revolutionary

Postby hyksos on February 5th, 2017, 10:14 pm 

I'm not sure the meaning of "VTOL" here. The guy in the video mentions the issue of cloudy days. If flying cars were part of some mass transit system with shared cars and very rigid flight paths, I think that would be feasible. Personal flying cars for everyone doesn't seem reasonable from a logistics standpoint.

I always thought delivery drones were feasible. There is a rumor that they already delivering pizza.
hyksos

Postby Revolutionary on February 5th, 2017, 10:49 pm 

Vertical Take off and landing.
Revolutionary

Re: Sound's Wright

Postby Faradave on February 6th, 2017, 11:33 am 

Conventional flight requires direct current (DC), from the wing's leading edge to its trailing edge. I've spent considerable time demonstrating that oscillatory flow (AC) can accomplish similar effect (go O-Lev). VTOL is quite natural to orthosonic lift.
Faradave

Return to Anything Science