Can you help me list 100 future invention predictions?

Interdisciplinary science discussions. Also, if you are not sure where to place your thread, please post it here.

Can you help me list 100 future invention predictions?

Postby Maximum7 on March 30th, 2017, 11:13 pm 

I was wondering if someone could help me think of 100 different ideas for future inventions.
Maximum7
Forum Neophyte

Re: Can you help me list 100 future invention predictions?

Postby SciameriKen on March 31st, 2017, 9:07 am 

What do you have so far?
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby Eclogite on March 31st, 2017, 11:20 am 

How about a machine that answers homework questions?
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Braininvat liked this post

Postby vivian maxine on March 31st, 2017, 1:13 pm 

A circulating system that will draw dust from the house without someone having to spend hours moving, dusting, and replacing everything.

A car that will automatically brakes to a stop when the driver starts speeding.

Not good enough?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on March 31st, 2017, 3:18 pm 

LOL, Eclogite.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby zetreque on March 31st, 2017, 4:24 pm 

vivian maxine » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 am wrote:A circulating system that will draw dust from the house without someone having to spend hours moving, dusting, and replacing everything.

ionizer

vivian maxine » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 am wrote:A car that will automatically brakes to a stop when the driver starts speeding.

Doesn't break to a stop but...
carburetor governor

"The governor system is like a cruise control system. It maintains the speed of your lawn mower or outdoor power products. When Briggs & Stratton governors are adjusted properly, they keep your speed steady regardless of engine load - the amount of work the engine must perform."
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby vivian maxine on March 31st, 2017, 4:45 pm 

zetreque » March 31st, 2017, 3:24 pm wrote:
vivian maxine » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 am wrote:A circulating system that will draw dust from the house without someone having to spend hours moving, dusting, and replacing everything.

ionizer

vivian maxine » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 am wrote:A car that will automatically brakes to a stop when the driver starts speeding.

Doesn't break to a stop but...
carburetor governor

"The governor system is like a cruise control system. It maintains the speed of your lawn mower or outdoor power products. When Briggs & Stratton governors are adjusted properly, they keep your speed steady regardless of engine load - the amount of work the engine must perform."

Right. I remember those now. But can't a driver who likes to speed bypass those? We need some brilliant person to create one that will not be by-passable. We have a problem, though. Either all cars would have to have the same speed limit. Or we need one that can "communicate" with those signs along the highways that tell it how fast you are driving and what the limit actually is. Another AI?

Or, maybe a traffic policeman behind the road sign with a (laser?) gun that would shoot out and stop the car. We could even have an AI to do that. Road signs that detect speeding and pull the car to a stop, killing its engine.

I just dream them up. I don't create them. :-)
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on March 31st, 2017, 6:49 pm 

Hi all,

We can expect a boat load of new regulators that will take over your life in almost every aspect. Kiss your Freedom goodbye.

The one I'm most dreading is a monitor on your car that records your driving patterns. It then reports these to receivers placed here and about. You get a mailed report that you exceeded the speed limit X number of times and here is your adjusted increased insurance rate and fines from the state authorities. Also, notes how many times you failed to come to a complete stop at corners. Or you over accelerated your car and could have lost traction. Or you were weaving and or intoxicated or sleepy or.. or.. or.. or.. etc.

Then how about a mandatory tracking monitor (like a dog that is chipped) that records everywhere you go and when.. and may question why.

Then how about a tracker that records your food buying practices and disallows you from buying too many sugar or fat related food products.

Your location chip may even monitor your health and report your health statistics to you doctor and life insurance company. You eat too much chocolate and get a rate increase.

When I was in the hospital for a Kidney Stone, all the other much younger guys were there because they over exercised and had pushed their hearts beyond a healthy level. This turns out to be very common. They were Bike Riders, Runners and Climbers. Each surprised by their youthful heart attacks.

You can expect to be punished for too much, or too little, of almost everything you do.

If I do research on the internet about.. say.. death.. then my curiously may have a dozen watch-dog groups keeping an eye on me, thinking my curiosity is morbid or an indicator of potential suicide symptoms. Don't even try to Google how a bomb works.. lol.

If I attend church too much, am I a religious fanatic and thus a threat to society, or if I don't go often enough, am I morally corrupt?

Does what I post on the internet tell the authorities that what kind of person I am? Am I too aggressive or not aggressive enough? Am I a threat and likely to go postal on someone? A non-conformist or anarchist? Are state mandated pre-emptive measures warranted?

Should children be taken from their parents and raised by a perfect state to quell Racism or is a family monitoring device in every home good enough to spy on everyone and make sure children are being raised properly?

Will your Toaster report you to the authorities for preferring burnt toast?
http://www.livescience.com/57612-acrylamide-cancer-risk.html
Note: The above site won't let you in with an Ad-Blocker active.

Speaking of which..

Most programs on TV, unless you buy them, won't let you fast-forward when viewing archived TV programs. If the technology screws up and you lose connection.. you may have to watch the whole first half of the program again.. just to pick up where you left off.

Granted, much of what I've said sounds like the plot of many famous Science Fiction stories.. so.. are we heeding the warnings they have provided? (Orwell's 1984 or Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.. etc)

Anybody see "Demolition Man"? You get a Printed Ticket for every time you voice a swear word.. so Sylvester spiels off a string of expletives to get enough paper to wipe his butt in the toilet.. lol. (love it)

I personally think Anarchy is preferable to the bubble-wrapped pablum crap we have to endure today. And it's only going to get worse.

Or.. will the Luddites take control and outlaw all Technology? Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? Being a Technologist, will I be imprisoned for having the Forbidden Knowledge?

Oh well, I'm nearing the end of my life cycle.. you kids can figure it out.. and good luck with that.

Regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Anything Science