Scientific Proof of God's Existence.

Not quite philosophy discussions, debates, various thought experiments and other topics of interest.

Re: Scientific Proof of God's Existence.

Postby MrMikeludo on July 17th, 2017, 4:06 am 

Braininvat:

"The topic, as printed at the top of the page, and presumably devised by you is "Scientific Proof of God's Existence." If you look up philosophy, perhaps an introductory entry in the online Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, you can find the branch of this field that best fits with that topic. It's not ethics. The nature of a scientific proof would fall under philosophy of science, and the nature of a purported deity would be theology or metaphysics - in this case, probably metaphysics, since you are addressing a deity as a scientfic postulate. I still have no idea what your "proof" is, since you have offered no summary of what it is, or will be, in the OP. I don't know how I can be much clearer on this, and I've asked you twice now to fix the OP or amend it to meet this basic forum standard. If you won't take the trouble to study the relevant field and literature, or post a coherent statement, why should I or anyone else bother to look past the OP and its citation dump?"

These are not the same issues you previously addressed - ie, how this post was/is relevant to: "ethics/morality."

I will repost a new post in the Ethics forum, in addition to clarifying my proposition, here.
MrMikeludo

Postby MrMikeludo on July 17th, 2017, 5:12 am 

Braininvat:

Also, pardon my ignorance but I do not know how to "fix the OP," as I was unaware of any "edit" capability to do so, because, when I first joined the forum, in 2011, there was a "time limit" to editing, I do not know if this has changed, and, to me, it does not appear as if it has - If it has, I would appreciate knowing how to do so.
Michael
MrMikeludo

Postby MrMikeludo on July 17th, 2017, 5:40 am 

Braininavat:

I will repost the "Proof of God," with a proper introduction, in the "Religion" forum, if this is acceptable, or not, please let me know.
Thank you - Michael
MrMikeludo

Postby Braininvat on July 17th, 2017, 12:53 pm 

Thanks, sounds good.

As Sivad and Mitchell pointed out, your definition of an objective fact had some difficulties, as well as the whole concept of metaphysical proof. Metaphysics concerns itself with matters that cannot be proven, as DragonFly noted. It appears you would do well to acknowledge the subjective nature of your interpretation of the material you presented in the videos.

There is still a time limit on editing, you are correct. I meant that you could make a new post, restating the OP in the way I suggested would be more accessible. But starting a thread in Religion is another way to go about that.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby MrMikeludo on July 18th, 2017, 3:55 am 

Hello everyone, I've reposted this topic in the "Religion" forum, with a proper OP, and explanation of the concepts.
Michael
MrMikeludo

Previous

Return to Odds & Ends