VAT steps down

Not quite philosophy discussions, debates, various thought experiments and other topics of interest.

VAT steps down

Postby TheVat on December 11th, 2018, 11:13 am 

Due to creative projects ahead, and a general downsize of Net activities, I will not be admin here after Dec. 15. Not sure who will, after that, but SciAmeriKen and Zetreque will continue as moderators. If we have days that are short-staffed, and you have any concerns, you can push the report button on posts, use the Feedback forum, or PM them. If you are new, be sure to read forum guidelines, in the announcement thread of that name. Play nice, provide evidence, cultivate intellectual discipline, and have fun.

(yes, I changed my name a bit...apparently losing a brain is not so bad...)
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Re: VAT steps down, new admin will be...?

Postby davidm on December 11th, 2018, 12:35 pm 

Very sorry to hear this.
davidm

Postby doogles on December 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm 

I would like to express my appreciation of your great job as an administrator over the last number of years.

I hope your contributions continue as a posting member and believe you should have changed your name to 'TheBrain' rather than 'TheVat', based on the quality of your past inputs.
doogles

Postby BadgerJelly on December 12th, 2018, 6:08 am 

TheVat » December 11th, 2018, 11:13 pm wrote:Due to creative projects ahead, and a general downsize of Net activities, I will not be admin here after Dec. 15. Not sure who will, after that, but SciAmeriKen and Zetreque will continue as moderators. If we have days that are short-staffed, and you have any concerns, you can push the report button on posts, use the Feedback forum, or PM them. If you are new, be sure to read forum guidelines, in the announcement thread of that name. Play nice, provide evidence, cultivate intellectual discipline, and have fun.

(yes, I changed my name a bit...apparently losing a brain is not so bad...)

I’m nosey. What kind of “creative” project?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Reg_Prescott on December 12th, 2018, 9:21 am 

@ TheBrainlessVat (freedom at last, eh?)

Having been one of your warmest admirers for quite some time, I'd just rehearse what others have said: your wit, intelligence, knowledge, and callipygous buttocks will be sorely missed.

You're a true asset to the site, and five of the main motivations for my continued patronage. Well, count them.

Gotta look on the bright side: you'll have more time and freedom to date empty vessel bimbos now without fear of their being intimidated by your throbbing, pulsing organ.

The brain, I mean.
Last edited by Reg_Prescott on December 12th, 2018, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg_Prescott

Postby Reg_Prescott on December 12th, 2018, 9:43 am 

Hey wait. Doesn't he get a gold watch or something?

Cufflinks then?

Just a hearty brainshake??????

C'mon guys.
Reg_Prescott

Postby TheVat on December 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm 

LOL! and thanks to you all for your kind remarks and good fellowship. I'm like an Esteem Camel: I can live off that fulsome praise for months!

Badger: fuck if I know what this thing is. Somewhere between an epic prose poem and a political thriller with sci-fi undercurrents?
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby SciameriKen on December 12th, 2018, 4:35 pm 

Thanks Vat! This sounds like a farewell??? I'm just hoping just quitting the admin part of it - cause we need your sanity!
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby dandelion on December 18th, 2018, 11:43 am 

It took some time for me to realise, a coinciding name change is tricky! Sorry for us, but sounds exciting and really hope you find free time to be here a lot without the added responsibilities. Thanks for all your help.
dandelion

Re: CHEERS to You!

Postby Faradave on December 18th, 2018, 12:34 pm 

BiV,

Whiskey glass small.png
I'll recall your friendship & enlightened advice whenever I tap a vat.

Faradave

Postby Dave_Oblad on December 21st, 2018, 4:53 pm 

Hi Biv,

You had better haunt these halls on a semi-regular basis.. we can't really go cold turkey regarding your absence. I'm fully retired now and moving my time towards fostering and adopting dogs. But I still drop by here to see what's happening every other week or so.. lol.

Good luck on all future endeavors ol buddy.

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby TheVat on December 21st, 2018, 5:12 pm 

Thanks, DaveO. I am so glad you are still hanging around. Good luck with the dogs and keeping their heads out of the Victrola horn as much as possible.

Cheers, Faradave.

Yes, I will try to be semi regular. Which, logically, would combine with being semi irregular. Or not.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby -1- on December 29th, 2018, 5:05 pm 

TheVat » December 11th, 2018, 11:13 am wrote:I will not be admin here after Dec. 15.

So... I take your admin days are over... have been, for two weeks. Are you retaining some or all of your MOD privileges, though? I am just curious, nothing else.
-1-

Re: VAT steps down

Postby TheVat on December 30th, 2018, 2:35 pm 

Very rarely do mods turn off permissions when they step away from the post. It's handy to have a few veterans around who may potentially help if there were a DDOS attack or other crisis. There is also spam bot stuff, which you mostly don't see, thanks to mods helping out.

I am back today, mopping up a bit.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby charon on March 16th, 2019, 1:11 pm 

fuck if I know what this thing is.

Good lord, he's human after all :-)
charon

Return to Odds & Ends